NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Why I love BST.

What a great community here! I am closing in on my Monster goal of 522 and I posted a list and have gotten some great help from some great members. Thanks for all the replies. And for the help with my McGraw run. You guys are great. Shout out to Baseball*Collectibles and Scott MyBuddyInc for the messages.
EBay is available but this is by far the best place to buy, IMO
Old 09-30-2017, 03:23 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Totally agree, love the BST here!
Old 10-01-2017, 10:30 AM
tony

I have 112 T 206 cards ALL bought on the BST page here
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescooper View Post
I have 112 T 206 cards ALL bought on the BST page here
That is a lot T206s. I have obtained some good cards over there and sold or traded some good ones too. Many times I have been second bird though, and not the early one .....which always sucks.
As a friendly reminder it is always caveat emptor on the BST so be careful.
If someone isn't well known make sure you vet them ....or PM me and I will help.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
That is a lot T206s. I have obtained some good cards over there and sold or traded some good ones too. Many times I have been second bird though, and not the early one .....which always sucks.
As a friendly reminder it is always caveat emptor on the BST so be careful.
If someone isn't well known make sure you vet them ....or PM me and I will help.

Thanks for the offer of help in vetting. And the caveat emptor reminder. Lots of high dollar transactions going on here on the board.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowadoc77 View Post
Thanks for the offer of help in vetting. And the caveat emptor reminder. Lots of high dollar transactions going on here on the board.
Our members do spend some bucks there. I laughed out loud when, a while back, a member responding to why a business doesn't advertise here said no one on this board spends big money on cards. The real reason, from what I know, is several companies have very thin skin and don't like for people to call them out OR they want to be protected from it when it happens. I used to get calls from advertisers about "how can you let them say that about me?" I always say the same thing. I don't tell people what to say and not to say. Happy collecting and more power to our BST....
Old 10-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I am not really a prolific buyer or seller, since most of the cards I like most are obscure or thinly-traded issues. But I have had a couple great, stress-free transactions over the past month on here with Arazi4442 and wrestlingcardking.

Last edited by Bored5000; 10-07-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Our members do spend some bucks there. I laughed out loud when, a while back, a member responding to why a business doesn't advertise here said no one on this board spends big money on cards. The real reason, from what I know, is several companies have very thin skin and don't like for people to call them out OR they want to be protected from it when it happens. I used to get calls from advertisers about "how can you let them say that about me?" I always say the same thing. I don't tell people what to say and not to say. Happy collecting and more power to our BST....
Yea I've bought sand sold a few decent cards here, and am a very small player compared to others on this board. If both parties are reasonable the bst is great because both can win when you figure you're saving the 10-25% cut a third party would get.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Ben North

I like the overall great selection. I have bought cards from the early 1900's to the 1980's. All different types of postcards from the same eras as the cards I purchased. I have also bought bats, photos, art work, and autographs on several different types of items. Plus many more different types of items I am forgetting. I have made several 100 purchases for several 1000 items and have only had 2 very small problems that got worked out behind the scenes with no drama.

I have also made several trades and a few sales with no problems at all. Seriously what more could a person ask for.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM
S Gross

As Dr. Seuss may have said:

BST
BST
Thank you, thank you, BST.

Sold and bought many a card.

More importantly, made many, many a friend.

Scott
Old 10-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybuddyinc View Post
As Dr. Seuss may have said:

BST
BST
Thank you, thank you, BST.

Sold and bought many a card.

More importantly, made many, many a friend.

Scott
And no one does BST better than you Scott!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:44 AM
Joe

Well as the late Mr. Brucii so elegantly put it, "I collect low grade and enjoy them in my trailer." Don't spend a lot of high dollars there but it's a good source to find a needed card. Unfortunately I'm not a backbone of the hobby.
(Old timers here will get that one too.)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:36 AM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
Well as the late Mr. Brucii so elegantly put it, "I collect low grade and enjoy them in my trailer." Don't spend a lot of high dollars there but it's a good source to find a needed card. Unfortunately I'm not a backbone of the hobby.
(Old timers here will get that one too.)
The Bruces at their most obnoxious best: http://www.net54baseball.com/showpos...3&postcount=16