NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM

Default WHO IS GOD? Are You KIDDING ME???? COME ON MAN

David Hunt is a very good friend of mine who runs a super auction house. But he crossed the line here! Who is he to tell people when and where they can set up???

COME ON MAN!!!!

PhillyShow112911.jpg
Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Scott

Promoters discretion if somehow they feel their auction is interfering w Hunt's. Does Hunts have an auction coming up in roughly the same time frame?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 PM

It was a show issue, not auction related.

COME ON MAN!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:01 PM

Default Boycott

Then out of principle, and I personally happen to agree with you Dan that
this is ridiculous, you, and others who feel as you do, should BOYCOTT his show.
Perhaps that's the only way to change this absurd egotistical(??) selfish attitude. I was considering going but this just saved me some travel expenses!

regards
Bill Latzko
Old 11-29-2011, 07:05 PM

Unfortunately, I have stopped doing his show long ago. But only because I thought he changed things for the worse. I used to crush at Reading and I died where he moved it.

I once again am very good friends with David, but I do not agree with his tactics here. Bullying dealers is wrong. I know for a fact that 25 to 30 chicken shit dealers canceled due to his threats!

I set up, and God Bless Memory Lane and 707 who also set up at the Oaks show!!

And Brockelman and Luckey Auctions did the Oaks show as well!!

Even WONKA nutcase was set up!!

David Hunt ---- COME ON MAN!

Last edited by danmckee; 11-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default agree

I agree Dan. This is no way to promote a better hobby. If he wants his show to prosper then maybe he should pay attention to it instead of making dictator type rules. Just my opinion. I have never met the guy. Every time I have been around him he seems sort of aloof *(and almost every single person I mention that to agrees). best regards

I should also add that I have never really heard poor stuff about Mr. Hunt. It's almost all been good...(although the bit of aloofness isn't great)

Last edited by Leon; 11-29-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

I won't bid with them or attend their shows anymore....that is silly.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Perhaps David should spend a bit more time on fixing his crappy website vs. who is setting up and where....
Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Unfotunate

I agree with the previous sentiments - this attitude hurts both the colletors and the dealers.

Also, as of 5 minutes ago, the Philly Show website still lists Memory Lane as an attending dealer for this weekend. I attended the Oaks show and also saw Baggers and 707 Sportscards setup there, so I assume they will not be attending the upcoming Philly Show ether; however, they are both still listed as attending dealers.

If these dealers wil not be allowed to setup, update the website and dont mislead the collectors (Hunt knows they will not be there - they told them they couldn't setup).

Many look at the dealers list and see a great deal of attendees and a great show to attend - then you pay your $8 admission and realize none of them are allowed to attend.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Ted Henschel

For those who feel this way make sure to email them to let them kow how you feel. They are ruining a once great show! This show has gone downhill ever since the move from Reading and it is 100% because of the actions by the promotors.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Jim R

The show has been going downhill since the move to Valley Forge-less dealers each time. Turning dealers and auction houses away is not a move in the right direction.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Steve Birmingham

Aren't there table contracts? The few I've seen cover stuff like horrible weather and the dealer not showing up and cancellation of the entire show, but I don't recall any that allowed the show promoters to boot a tableholder without a good reason like not having appropriate stuff to sell (Like bringing just coins to a card show, or a large quantity of adult or unlicensed stuff) or not paying. All those reasons would be something done at the show, not before.

Of course it's probably too small of a thing to pursue.

Steve B
Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 AM

I agree with Dan 100 percent. When I saw that Memory Lane email, I said "WTF is David doing ?". He is destroying what used to be one of the 2 or 3 best vintage shows in the country. This is the beginning of the end for the Philly show.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

I would not even want to guess as to the number of high end t206s i have bought from memory lane over the years.... This just seems absolutely crazy to me.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Come on guys. When JP was in jail and not doing shows, the shows were just fine. Maybe he tried to get Dave to make a contribution to one of those organizations he formed to raise money for the families of firefighters and police officers who were killed in the line of duty.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Over the last couple of years, I have defended this show as I still feel it is/was one of the best in the area. However, like others, I am now done. Last week I sent an email to Hunt for an explanation of why this was being done. While Mr. Hunt responded and invited me to call to discuss, he did not provide an explanation in writing citing that the explanation would be too lengthy. Personally, I feel that is just ignoring the issue and hoping it would go away. The result is 1 less customer. From what I can tell/remember this means 707, Baggers, Memory Lane, William Chappell, SGC, etc will not be setup. I commend these dealers and those I don't remember who will be effected by this for not being pushed into limiting which shows they will set up.

DJ Richards

Edit: I've also sent Mr. Hunt an email tonight expressing my decision to no longer attend the Philly Show and provided him a link to this thread to publicly address his decision.

Last edited by x2drich2000; 11-30-2011 at 08:03 PM.