NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Default History of the Baseball Official Baseball Guides!

Well guys, it's not the book yet, but after hundreds and hundreds of emails, requests, phone calls, and complaints from collectors, authenticators, auction houses, and baseball fans, I am finally releasing two Magazine "Almanac" style baseball guides. History of the Baseball's Official National League Baseball Guide and History of the Baseball's Official American League Baseball Guide. These guides will be between 65-75 pages and will be more dedicated to direct information on the baseballs, less stories and more of a collectors information guide.

The guides will be released prior to the 2013 National, and we're expecting mid-July for full distribution. The reason for this thread is to notify you collectors and business owners that there is still advertising space available in the guides. We have already sold full page advertising to some very large auction houses, authenticators, and some other memorabilia stores. This is your chance to get in the guide, that will be distributed not only on a National level, but an international as well, and a guide that will be collected and treasured for years. The advertising obviously helps us pay for printing and distributing.

The following links will take you to a preview of the guides, so you can get a better understanding of what they are, as well as full details of where the guides will be sold:

National League - www.historyofthebaseball.com/guides/nl
American League - www.historyofthebaseball.com/guides/al

I appreciate all of the support you've given me the last few years, and I'm excited to get this guide into your hands. If you know any companies that may be interested in advertising, please forward them my information. I can be reached directly at: info@historyofthebaseball.com

Thanks, I look forward to getting the guides finished full of info and advertisements this month!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandon-grunbaum-history-of-the=baseball=guide.jpg (76.9 KB, 378 views)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Can't wait to finally hold these in my hands (which you know, as I'm sure at least of 100 of those e-mails came from me ). They really do look great, and personally, the "less stories and more of a collectors information guide" angle suits me just fine. Especially since it means we get to see them sooner!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Doug Franz

Those look great, Brandon. Can't wait to get mine.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Graig Kreindler

Mazel tov, Brandon. Can't wait to get my copies, too!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Mike Dugan

Brandon they look great, I love the 1920s Spalding Guide type covers!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Awesome!!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Thanks a lot guys, I'm excited to finally get some info out to the public! Mike, I'm glad you recognized the design, I was going for that old Spalding guide look!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
J0n Fu.ld

Awesome
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM

Default delete

deleted message

Last edited by horzverti; 06-06-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Hauls of Shame candidate
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzverti View Post
i know what i'll be reading tonight!

Can we call you the other mr. Baseball?...maybe not, the acronym would be tomb....and that is not great.

Baseball guy it is!

Thanks for all of your work baseball guy. :d
Haha! I'll start growing my Tom Selleck stash!

Last edited by BrandonG; 05-21-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

I didn't specify above, but advertising deadlines will be the second week of June, as we plan to have the guide printed and distributed before the National. And if you're still interested in advertising, call soon, space is filling up!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Mike

Brandon,
Will you be publishing guides for other leagues in the future? Do you authenticate other league baseballs?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftons8 View Post
Brandon,
Will you be publishing guides for other leagues in the future? Do you authenticate other league baseballs?
Thanks,
Mike
Mike, depending on how these guides do, there will definitely be additional guides made, examples would be minor league, misc. brands, World series, Commemorative, etc. So let's get the word out!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Dan Bretta

A minor league guide would be awesome!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Hey everyone, just giving a last call for ad space, thank you to those who have purchased space and contributed to the guides. There are a few spots left. Please email or call if you'd like to join in!

info@historyofthebaseball.com
Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Jim Murphy

I buy and read newspapers that I don't agree with
I go to events that have speaker that I don't agree with
I buy magazines and other items that may not follow my way of thinking but by reading, going to, whatever, it helps me become better and gives me knowledge

I do not agree with what Brandon did

I purchased his history of baseball books because I can gain knowledge from them and I did in the first 5 minutes of looking at them

They are very well done

Last edited by murphusa; 07-29-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:27 PM

Cant wait for mine to get up here to Canada! Just waiting on the bobsleigh to handoff to the dogsled...
These will help out a bunch with the dating of my own balls and future purchases.
Thanks Brando!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Just got these in the mail today. Very well done, beautiful full-color photography throughout, detailed explanations of the year-to-year changes and evolution of the balls, and they even include photos of the boxes that each ball came in! Something this comprehensive has long been needed, and these have a spot waiting for them on my reference shelf (after I flip through the photos a couple more times).

Well done, Brandon, and I hope that you sell out of the copies you're taking to The National. I'll wait until you get back home to start hounding you to finish the full book now. You've earned a reprieve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg History of the Baseball Guides.jpg (83.1 KB, 128 views)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I got mine in the mail today too. Wow. Very well made and researched. It will no doubt be used as a reference for me, and the rest of the hobby, for many years to come. Congratulations and thanks again.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Dan Bretta

Those look great...I'm waiting for the minor league guide, but may have to pick up the AL and NL books just for the photos and good read.