NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Anth0ny B0rzar0

Default Nolan Ryan opinion

First flea market of the season. Still freezing in New England but went out searching anyway. Picked up this Ryan ball for $3. Looks good to me but hoping to get your expert opinions. Thanks as always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n ryan 1.jpg (53.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 11:09 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Perfect! And for $3????

Wow.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:25 AM

100% genuine
Old 04-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Anth0ny B0rzar0

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. It was one of those weird days, two autographed balls, including the Ryan, and 2 autographed 8x10's...total cost was $8. I'd call it a good day.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:39 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybats View Post
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. It was one of those weird days, two autographed balls, including the Ryan, and 2 autographed 8x10's...total cost was $8. I'd call it a good day.
Brimfield?
Old 04-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Anth0ny B0rzar0

No, Brimfield is in early May. I need a second mortgage on the house to buy anything there.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

2018 Brimfield Antique Show Dates
May 8-13 • July 10-15 • Sept 4-9

I would not be so quick to dismiss Brimfield. If you are willing to go on Friday and get there early, 9 a.m. or so, you can find bargains. I never had a problems finding nice items for reasonable prices. My personal suggestion would be to park at the church on the east end of town across from the Library. Walk to the last fields on the west, about 1/3 mile, and work your way back. I like to use the smell test. If I look into a tent and all I see is glass, silver or furniture I move on. The last field at the western edge on the north (right) side of Route 20 has a building which is all paper dealers. There are some hidden gems there. It is also worth paying go into J&J, the first one on the south (left) side of the road as you enter from the east. Most people don't pay since all of the other fields are free, but that weeds out a lot of the crowd that just gets in your way.

July is a great show to go to as many people are scared away by the heat. Just carry water. I have noticed that many years there is a thunderstorm either Thursday morning or Friday morning of the May or July show, but never when I was there in all of the times I have gone.

My best ever sports find there - 1939 Baseball first day cover signed by Johnny Evers for $5.00. It took a bit to recognize at first as I had never seen his signature. It was in a stack of covers. I paid exactly what the person asked. Sometimes you keep your mouth shut and pay quickly. As I walked away his wife was nagging him that I had ripped him off. I got home made one phone call and sold it for a massive profit.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-08-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
2018 Brimfield Antique Show Dates
May 8-13 • July 10-15 • Sept 4-9

I would not be so quick to dismiss Brimfield. If you are willing to go on Friday and get there early, 9 a.m. or so, you can find bargains. I never had a problems finding nice items for reasonable prices. My personal suggestion would be to park at the church on the east end of town across from the Library. Walk to the last fields on the west, about 1/3 mile, and work your way back. I like to use the smell test. If I look into a tent and all I see is glass, silver or furniture I move on. The last field at the western edge on the north (right) side of Route 20 has a building which is all paper dealers. There are some hidden gems there. It is also worth paying go into J&J, the first one on the south (left) side of the road as you enter from the east. Most people don't pay since all of the other fields are free, but that weeds out a lot of the crowd that just gets in your way.

July is a great show to go to as many people are scared away by the heat. Just carry water. I have noticed that many years there is a thunderstorm either Thursday morning or Friday morning of the May or July show, but never when I was there in all of the times I have gone.

My best ever sports find there - 1939 Baseball first day cover signed by Johnny Evers for $5.00. It took a bit to recognize at first as I had never seen his signature. It was in a stack of covers. I paid exactly what the person asked. Sometimes you keep your mouth shut and pay quickly. As I walked away his wife was nagging him that I had ripped him off. I got home made one phone call and sold it for a massive profit.
Wow. Nice Find. I live in Central MA, so I have been numerous times over the last 15 years. I agree that if you are willing to spend some time and dig that you have an opportunity to find some things. Many dealers have so much stuff that they don't know what they have, so you really need to look.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

John,

I first went in the 1970's when J&J was the only field. I have not gone in a few years as I now live in Virginia. It takes a lot more planning. The last place I lived up there was in Worcester. It was great as I could get there in 30 minutes, well ahead of the traffic on Route 20 coming from Sturbridge. I could also be gone before the backup going east in the afternoon. It also wasn't hard to cut up to Rte. 9 or down to Rte. 84 if there was traffic.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”