NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Michael

Default signed Jordan UD baseball

This is the Michael Jordan signed UD my friend got in person in Arizona fall League. I don't collect this kid of stuff so open to offers of $ or trade. JSA would not issue an LOA for it so I can guarantee it in that respect, I trust my friend 100% and the 1000's of other cards including Jeters, Piazza etc were approved but use your best judgment as I won't guarantee it will pass anything (but maybe it will pass PSA ). So I won't take it back. It is real. Check with people like Jim Stinson, Jason May, Paul Mifsud as to my honesty. BTW I would have put this in the old thread but how do you change the title of a thread you started. I know how to edit content but not title
Jordan.jpg

Last edited by theshleps; 11-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:03 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

You should probably put this one in the BST section… Just a friendly thought
Old 11-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Michael

I put it here since we were discussing it in this thread. and folks wanted to see it. Will move in a few days
Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Cool

I figured that might be the reason...
Old 11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

To change thread title go to edit then "go advanced" button. From there you can pretty much change anything. Nice card. Good luck!
Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 11-23-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 AM

You keep mentioning your reputation but you didn't get the signature. Isn't it possible that maybe this card wasn't gotten in person and found its way into your friends collection another way?

Last edited by packs; 11-24-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Michael

anything is possible but I trust the guy and if he said he got it at fall league and I know he was there I can only trust him. I am sure he would remember getting someone like that. If you are one of those guys like me that spent many years hanging daily at fall league you get to know who to trust and who not to when it comes to in person autograph guys. When I bought his collection I also bought some vintage stuff his dad got in person- specifically a Gehrig and an Alexander on cuts that I later gave to Jim Stinson to sell for me. He said they were good Everything else I sold was approved to so I doubt he would lie on this one card that was a drop in the bucket for all I got from him but give me real Gehrigs, Alexander, Jeters (multiple) and so many others.
Does it look bad to you? I'd rather dispose of it than put it back in the safe deposit box. I could resubmit it but I hate those companies.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Brendan Mullen

I'm not doubting your story either, however it looks nothing like Jordan's signature. HOWEVER, it looks sooooo UNLIKE Jordan's signature, that maybe it is real; just really rushed(?).
Old 11-24-2015, 01:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

not sure how we'd get a consensus, but i'd be interested if people think it's authentic.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Michael

Did anyone else get him in person either fall league that they could post? Just fall league posts please
Old 11-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Shale Levine

here is a psa autograph of MJ, not the same
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mj.jpg (80.4 KB, 204 views)
Old 11-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Shale Levine

here is a psa autographed card, does not look the same

Last edited by toyman55; 11-25-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
here is a psa autographed card, does not look the same
Jordan's auto has evolved several times throughout his career and retirement so I wouldn't dismiss it because of one example (especially one that is 20 years removed from this proposed signing.) I was told a while back that Jordan can sign completely differently from one setting to the next depending on circumstances - charity, paid signing, flight school, random person, etc. I agree with a previous poster, a fellow baseball era signature would be the best comparison. I vaguely remember trying to him in Nashville during his Baron's time (I was ~10) and I remember it was a circus.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM

Here's one that sold in Legendary:

Old 11-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Brendan Mullen

The "M" is just completely off.....
Old 11-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Michael

That M has some similarity to the one I posted that started the discussion. Here is a 1995-6 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Michael...8AAOSwsB9WAzjU
I know when we would come a few days before the fall league season starrted and get the guys in the parking lot there were only one or two graphers and you would get unrushed signatures. I got Bryce Harper that way

Last edited by theshleps; 11-25-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:23 PM

Here are some things to consider for this signature. For the most part, his M is connected to the rest of his first name in Michael. in most cases when he signs There are exceptions. Early in his career at UNC to the late 80's. I do believe on rare occasion in the mid 90's around 96 or 97 he may have signed a small number without connecting.

The things that don't look right to me other than of course the last name which could be a result of what I would term "awkward signing", meaning not able to press on something, walking, not caring what the sig looks like, anyway, the things that look off to me are the slope of the M and how much higher the second peak in the M is than the first peak. Most Jordan's the second peak is lower than the first and on the occasion the second peak is higher, this is abnormally higher, especially considering this would have been signed sometime in the 90's. The M just looks very weird to me in all respects.

The thing that looks most off, other than the last name of course, is how loopy and pronounced the loops are in his first name. By this, I mean the part that is supposed to represent "ichael" in his first name. I have never seen loops like that. For the most part, any formation of letters in his first name is very subtle and not so loopy as this example shows.

As one poster says, it looks so unlike a Jordan signature that maybe it is real. Here's the thing, if it is indeed a real Jordan that is just a really messy signature, it has too many issues that I am fairly certain none of the more popular authenticators would authenticate it and if you did sell it, it's highly doubtful you would actually get "Jordan money" for it.

I in no way doubt your story at all. These are just some things I see that would make me pause if I were considering buying it. FWIW, the one someone scanned that sold in a Legendary Auction, that is Jordan's in person style from about 1991 to 1994. If you got Jordan in person around that time, that is pretty much what you got from him.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Michael

I just spent an hour talking with the guy who got the Jordan signed. He told me the kind of stories that all of us in person collectors have. He got Jordan at Arizona Fall League in front of Scottsdale Stadium one morning. anyone interested? will list in bst section soon