NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Elliot 

Does anybody know what happened to Brian? I just noticed that a couple of his eBay accounts have been NARU'd. No recent negatives, has he run afoul of one of eBay's numerous rules?

Old 05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: runscott

Old 05-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: leon

I believe he might have exposed, or tried to expose, some BS and got burned for it.....regards all

Old 05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: BROOKS

NO-CRYING-IN-BASEBALL & THE SPLENDID - SPLINTER*....... HE GOT BUSTED FOR BIDDING AGAINST HIMSELF IN AUCTION # 2727779671. REAL ETHICAL AND SMART <LOL>..........REGARDS BROOKS

Old 05-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Is eBay now NARUing users to prevent them from hurting themselves?

I've seen stranger things than that bid history, but none come to mind at the moment.

Old 05-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

the same person who is selling these two beauties?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2729660949
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2729669032

Old 05-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Charlie

problem if he used 2 id's to bid?

Old 05-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Anyone that wants to bid against themselves in my auctions may do so......best regards (

Old 05-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL IT IS SCOTT AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT. HE HAS ACTED SO PIOUS ON THIS BOARD FOR SO LONG ,HE SHOULD BE EXPOSED FOR THE CHARLATON HE IS. BY THE WAY WOULD YOU CARE TO SEE ANY OF HIS MATURE EMAILS TO ME.......GREAT READING

Old 05-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

PULL UP THE BID HISTORY ON THIS AUCTION AND TELL ME IT DOESN'T SMELL.......EBAY THOUGHT SO AND THEY ARE THE HARDEST TO CONVINCE

Old 05-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

I AM SUPRISED AT YOUR REACTIUON LEON, COMMING FROM SOMEONE WHO EXPOUNDS ETHICS IN THE HOBBY.............OH WELL YOU SLEEP WITH THE DOGS YOU WAKE UP WITH FLEAS

Old 05-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

but apparently it could indicate you are shill bidding for the seller.

It's very interesting that Brian would get canned, yet Broadway Rick's Scam Zone is alive and well, and even kept their feedback. It's all about $'s, and Brian doesn't bring in as many for ebay as BRSZ.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

the fleas wake up with their wings clipped

Old 05-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Explain to us please why it would be wrong? Basically, isn't it "upping" your own bid? What am I missing?.....as far as fleas go I get flea powdered every week.....btw, why do you continuously sell trimmed cards on ebay without mentioning it? best regards

Old 05-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: BRPPKS

SO LET ME UNDERSTAND THIS .....IT IS NOT RIGHT TO PUNISH ONE TRANSGRESSION AS LONG AS WE BELIEVE SOME ONE HAS DONE AS MUCH OR WORSE WITHOUT RETRIBUTIOIN?.......SOUNDS LIKE A LIBERAL COMMIE-PINKO TREE-HUGGING RESPONSE TO ME

Old 05-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

IF YOU CANNOT PULL UP THE BID HISTORY AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF I CANNOT ASSIST YOU.....AS FOR ME LISTING TRIMMED CARDS WITHOUT MENTIONING IT , I FEEL THAT IT IS A FALSE CHARGE AND I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY FEEDBACK WOULD SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS.......I AM SORRY I SULLIED YOUR BUDDY'S REPUTATION,ACTUALLY I DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP, BUT NOW I KNOW WHERE YOUR ALLIANCE AND ETHICS RESIDE

Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Brian H.

would be if he was in some way in cahoots with the seller (a consignor). Was he ??

Old 05-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

HARD TO PROVE BUT WHAT WOULD GOOD OLD COMMON SENSE TELL YOU....IF IT DOESN'T SET OFF ALARM BELLS WHAT WILL

Old 05-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Brian H

Very clever, I guess someone convinced ebay...

Old 05-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

I agree...but what stops anyone from being in cahoots with anyone? It would be just as easy for ANYONE to bid on anyone's stuff with behind the scenes agreements. However, I still don't understand why you would need two ebay handles to do that, as far as that went..... I will admit it is not common practice. BROOKS- AS FAR AS ALLIANCES GO I REALLY HAVE NOTHING PERSONALLY AGAINST YOU AS YOU ARE A NICE PERSON. I KNOW BRIAN D. PRETTY WELL AND WHILE A LITTLE HOT HEADED IN THE PAST, AND WRITER OF SOME OUTRAGEOUS EMAILS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM DO ANYTHING LIKE SELLING BOGUS CARDS...PLEASE SHOW ME IF HE HAS....... THE N526 THAT YOU SAID WAS A POSSIBLE "SALESMANS SAMPLE" WAS A STRETCH....(IN MY NOVICE OPINION.) THE COLLINS T205 YOU HAVE UP RIGHT NOW IS EXTREMELY SUSPECT OF TRIMMING ON BOTTOM....THERE WERE SEVERAL CARDS PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED ON THE BOARD THAT YOU NEVER GOT PAST....IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY..OTHERWISE, AGAIN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS WITH YOU AND HOPE NOT TO IN THE FUTURE...I WAS MERELY STATING MY OPINION.......BEST REGARDS

Old 05-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Brian H.

I've never had a problem with BcD (or Leon or Brooks, for that matter).

As for the trimming allegations -- I personally find it rather difficult to sell some cards for the following reasons:
1. I can only know for certain it was trimmed unless I saw it happen..
2. I can know that it is possible/likely if the card looks questionable, measures wrong or if someone (or something like a grading company) told me that there was evidence of trimming.
3. Just because someone(something) told me that there was evidence of trimming doesn't mean it was so ESPECIALLY with the cards most of us collect which weren't exactly cut in mass quantities in high tech factories with laser beams. Actually, in certain situations I think that I may know more about certain issues than the professional graders etc and that I certainly am not limited to a few minutes to make my conclusion about whether a given card has been trimmed or whatever.
4. For this reason (and to my certain economic detriment) I note in descriptions when I think that a card may not "grade" even when I am all but certain that it was not trimmed.
5. Probably my solution is ethically unassailble. Nonetheless, I am not comfortable saying that it is necessarily unethical NOT to say that a card "may not grade" where one does not believe it was trimmed or something like that.

(The above has NOTHING to do with any particular card anyone is selling or has sold me or anyone else on ebay or otherwise, its just my personal conclusion on the matter).

Old 05-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: JC

I can vouch for both Brooks and Leon. I've never delt with Brian though. After he sells me something I will get involved in giving my opinions (not that you want to hear them).

Old 05-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: jay behrens

I also don't see what DCD did wrong. If you bother to take a look at his entire bid history, you see that almost every auction he bids in he has bids placed under 2 accounts. I have talked to him about this and he said that he just bids with whatever account he is logged in with.

I looked at teh auction you mentioned. Looking at the times that bids were placed, I don't really see anything suspicious. He didn't bid with both accounts on the same day. So what's the problem?

Looks more like you have a personal problem with BCD and you may have just bought yourself a world of trouble if he is as unstable as you claim he is.

Jay

Old 05-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: BRIAN C DANIELS

can e-mail me for the correspondence. Brook,who is 64,fat and senile...not to mention blind by his own admission,is falacious and even though he tried rrrrreeeeaaaallll hard to get me suspended for using two handles to bid on T-206's I have commonly bid on for almost 5 years now.My closing the accounts in question have nothing to do with what he thinks he can write clearly enough for someone,( e-bay safe harbor)to interpret and possibly act upon. I am on business as usual & there is nothing wrong or unethical about bidding on cards from two handles. I did not outbid myself.I simply rebid with one of my other handles again later while posting items for sale......outbidding dildo man in the process so he started to bark.Being a trailer park junkyard dog waiting for the next trimmed gravy left overs from someone with money's real collection they liquidated, And selling stupid belly boy the scraps because they feel sorry for him in the twilight of his useless and purpose free life gave him the motivation to camp on this chat board waiting for me to state something about him so he could go off on his alleged accomplishment of disbaring me (NOT!) from e-bay!
For anyone who wants to see my response to Brook's absurd and demented e-mails,feel free to ask me.You'll laugh until you howl.You will never see a bigger,dunce who does not even know what I look like yet goes on and on about my appearance,( and is blind to boot!) wealth,accomplishments et...et..et..ZZZZZZZZZzzz brook,you have trimmed trash. Left over garbage from collections of folks who have had jobs. Even Pete and I have agreed on the quality & desireability of many a card! A card! The bare minimal of commonality on this board! You brook,have nothing but **** nad want to attempt to retaliate for being caught with your hand me down pants down! And this is going to have some big effect on my life?card dealings? $$$$$$$$ MONEY Brook? I don't think so pal. you still try to peddle cards the previous owners would be too embarrassed to be connected to.

Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

1. Yes, at times you CAN tell, simply by visually inspecting the card.
2. Actually, you can be almost dead certain, which is good enough reason to state in your description that a card is trimmed.
3. You can state that you bought it "as trimmed", but that you think it might be okay. This would be ethical
4. I applaud you for this - this is what all sellers should do, but most would not.
5. Too many double-negatives in this one for me to figure out what you were trying to say

Old 05-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Was I around 80 years ago to see the card trimmed? No.

Do I have enough brain power to determine that this card had the bottom cut off by another human being? Yes.

Will this card be re-sold as "measures a little short and may not grade"? Possibly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2729418520

Old 05-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: MW

Brian,

I don't mean to offend you, but your post above reflects the same type of general (feigned) ignorance that many charlatans and scalawags use to sell reprinted and altered vintage material on eBay. To suggest that it is difficult or impossible to tell if some vintage issues have been trimmed or altered is not only ridiculous, but logically bereft.

<< 1. I can only know for certain it was trimmed unless I saw it happen.>>

Say what? That's analogous to saying that you don't know if a bank has been robbed unless you see the masks, handguns and bags full of money leaving through the front door.

<< 3. Just because someone(something) told me that there was evidence of trimming doesn't mean it was so ESPECIALLY with the cards most of us collect which weren't exactly cut in mass quantities in high tech factories with laser beams. >>

You're right. They weren't. But that fact makes vintage issues EASIER to examine for evidence of tampering, not more difficult. Anyone can duplicate a modern cut, but it is much more difficult to deceptively trim a vintage issue and fool an experienced collector. Vintage issues nearly always have very specific cuts (angle of cut, cross-section) unique to the year of issue; and in those cases where an abnormal factory cut is suspected, a host of other clues, including those that relate to consistent wear and the age of the card, can easily be collected and applied to determine the likelihood of tampering.

<< 4. For this reason (and to my certain economic detriment) I note in descriptions when I think that a card may not "grade" even when I am all but certain that it was not trimmed. >>

If a card does not grade there is usually a very good reason for it. Experienced and legitimate grading companies (i.e., SGC) do not reject cards unless there is clear evidence that they should not be encapsulated. These reasons include: tampering or alteration, authenticity, hobby legitimacy or signs of restoration.

The bottom line is that a card is either trimmed or it is not. Those who list vintage cards on eBay with the disclaimers "may be trimmed", "sold as is", "no returns for any reason", "looks good to me but I'm not sure", "Is 100% unaltered but no one will grade it" are confused; for what they really meant to write was, "I'm selling altered cards but please ignore this fact when bidding."

Old 05-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: MW

edited as it was a duplicate post.

Old 05-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I agree with Leon and MW. I don't have any problems with BCD'S bidding and I think it's pretty easy to spot trimmed T206's on Ebay.

PS BCD What's the real scoop?
LMK Brian

Old 05-17-2003, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

If you are going to respond to a post, read it first.

Old 05-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

You are flat out lying. You told me that you sent the Lennox Reulbach t206 and several other cards to PSA, and they came back as "trimmed". I told you in advance that they were trimmed and that the Lennox was sold to me as trimmed, so you obviously were trying to screw people when you sold it without mentioning that it was trimmed. So that makes you a liar.

Old 05-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

I agree that Brooks is a pleasant guy to know and to talk to, but I would not touch any of his cards with a 10-foot x-acto knife.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: warshawlaw

<< 1. I can only know for certain it was trimmed unless I saw it happen.>>

"Say what? That's analogous to saying that you don't know if a bank has been robbed unless you see the masks, handguns and bags full of money leaving through the front door."

It is a valid analogy and refusal to jump to conclusions without eyewitness reports is something that the law has recognized for hundreds of years. How many times do we need to review the Evidence Code, kids? If you were not there and did not see something being done, you cannot offer direct eyewitness testimony to its being done. You either heard about it from someone else (hearsay) or you have made an observation of circumstantial evidence and come to a conclusion based on it. In that circumstance, you THINK you are right, but you have no way of knowing for sure. All you can do is offer an expert opinion as to what happened. That's it.

This is a very serious distinction--there are a lot of people on death row based on circumstantial evidence and conclusions that DNA testing is now disproving.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: Jerry

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't see the problem in the way Daniels bid? What IS the issue here?

Old 05-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

especially concerning the law, so don't take this the wrong way please.

Card descriptions on ebay are used to describe cards accurately, to the best of knowledge of the seller

Everyone here realizes that you CAN legally leave out the fact that a card is trimmed, simply because you didn't see it trimmed. Yes, we all are very aware that deception is okay legally in these examples...in fact, it's not even legally considered deception.

We do not live our lives by trying to describe and interpret life around us in terms of what we can get away with legally - in fact, most of us consider people who do this to be "sneaky" and we don't trust them. Maybe lawyers DO live their lives this way, but I don't think so.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: julie

Old 05-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

OKAY DCOTT I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ANY ONE ABOUT YOU SELLING ME A CARD THAT WAS TRIMMED. I ONCE HAD IT ON EBAY ANND IT DID NOT SELL. I SUBMITTED IT TO PSA AND IT CAME BACK TRIMMED. NOW LETS GET TO THE GIST OF THIS, WHEN I CALLED YOU AND TOLD YOU ABOUT THE PSA GRADE SND THEN YOU SAID YOU KNEW IT WAS TRIMMED AS YOU BOUGHT IT LIKE THAT. SO I ATE THE CARD. I STILL HAVE IT IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME A REFUND, SO WHOSE THE LIAR NOW . PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD REFRAIN FROM ROCK-THROWING. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT BCD BUT SOMEHOW YOU RELISH BASHUNG ME ON THIS BOARD.WHEN YOU GET THE EMAILS FROM BCD MAKE SURE YOU GET THE UNABRIDGE ONES THAT HAVE THE UNNEXESSARY LEWD AND PROFANE REMARKS ABOUT MY MOTHER. I'M SURE YOUR BOARD WILL BE AS IMPRESSED WITH HIS MATURITY AND COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AS I WASE. CIRCLE THE WAGONS AROUND BCD YOU DESERVE HIM

Old 05-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Many of the people on this board saw the t206 Lennox Reulbach that I auctioned on ebay, as well as my description which stated clearly that it was trimmed. You then bought it from me and tried to sell it on ebay without mentioning that it was trimmed.

NEW LITTLE TIDBIT I SAVED: You then apparently bought it from yourself on ebay (how did you do this?) and then sent it to PSA...because not only are you are blind, but you also have no memory.

You then called me, unsolicited, and attempted to explain your innocence in regard to all the trimmed cards you had been selling. You also listed a load of cards you had sent to PSA, many of which were rejected (including all that we accused you of selling sans "trim" description). This leads me to believe that the t205 Collins (trimmed variation) that you are currently dumping must also have come back from PSA with the trimmed designation. Brooks, you little crook, you!

You would be best off just disappearing for a while, or at least sticking a sock in your mouth.

Old 05-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Text from original auction ending November 3, 2002, that Brooks "the Butcher of San Antonio" Newell won from me, then re-sold with no mention of hand-cutting, trimming, or anything else. Apparently the price he got on ebay wasn't good enough because oddly, he called me later to tell me he had submitted it to PSA!...after he sold it on ebay !?!

1909-1911 T206 LENOX BACK - REULBACH
Gorgeous rare LENOX back and also a very nice crease-free front picture of Ed Reulbach Although this card has been hand-cut at the top, it still measures correctly for a T206! Great chance to pick up a beautiful LENOX back at an affordable price. Thanks for looking - please be sure to check out my other auctions currently running.

Old 05-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: julie

certain Old Judges and certain T202s have been trimmed. Old Judges come in all sorts of sizes and shapes and cuts. T202s are so long--who's to say whether a slightly short one was trimmed or made that way? A cynical person might say that all T202 HOFers have been trimmed; all commons are O.K...

Old 05-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Julie, it seems the real issue here is Brooks and his lack properly describing his cards, yet villifying someone who has seemingly done nothing wrong.

Yes, OJs and t202s have odd cuts, but I've seen Brooks offer an OJ. Not sure about t202s.

I know I am still waiting on Brooks response to Scott. I've never bought a card from Brooks, but the more see about him and his responses to different sitiuations makes less inclinced to want to buy anything from him.

Jay

Old 05-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: BROOKSW

THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR ORIGINAL AUCTION DESCRIPTION THAT DOES NOT REFER TO ANY TRIMMING, OR IS HAND CUT YOUR CODE WORD. CARD MEASURES CORRECTLY AS YOU STATED IN YOUR AUCTION.........FAST FORWARD NOW AND I GET ASCCUSED OF SELLING A MYSTERY PERSON THIS CARD .....WHO???? INSINUATING I DID'T GET ENOUGH AND BOUGHT IT BACK MYSELF. THEN WHEN I SUBMITTED IT TO PSA AND IT CAME BACK AS EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING I GAVE YOU AN "UNSOLICITED PHONE CALL"(YOUR WORDS) AND THEN YOU SAID YOU KNEW IT WAS TRIMMED AS YOU HAD PERCHASED IT THAT WAY FROM BROCKLEMANN.........FUNNY I DID NOT SEE THAT IN YOUR DESCRIPTION..........WHO IS BEING DECEPTIVE NOW?...........PROTECT YOUR BUDDY BCD AND TRY TO SHIFT THE SUBJECT,BUT YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIMS BETTER.......YOU JUST TOLD ON YOURSELF IN WRITING. I STILL HAVE IT IF YOU WISH TO GIVE A REFUND

Old 05-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

HOW'S THAT FOR A RESPONSE

Old 05-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Sorry Brooks, but several board members saw it on ebay, and, yes, it SOLD. Do you think that when you pull this crap others don't talk about it off-line? There was a great deal of discussion when you sold the Reulbach on ebay without mentioning that it was altered.

What we didn't realize at the time was that it must have been another one of your handles that won it...from YOU! Either that, or the buyer refused to pay for it. I have no idea, but in any case, you somehow ended up again with a card that you "SOLD" on ebay.

Again, my suggestion is that you put tape over your keyboard to protect yourself from yourself.

Old 05-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

I DID NOT SAY THAT I DIDN'T POST IT IN EBAY, AS I DID, BUT IT WAS NOT SOLD.I AM SURE IF IT WAS YOU AND YOUR CRONIES WOULD HAVE THE BUYERS NAME,WHAT WITH YOUR SUPERB POWERS OF RECOLLECTION. I ONLY HAVE ONE ID AS I SEE NO REASON TO HAVE MULTIPLES. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE POINTS THAT YOU SO ADROITLY SKIPPED OVER WHILE TRYING TO SHIFT THE BLAME. WHERE IN YOUR DESCRIPTION, WHEN YOU POSTED IT ON EBAY(YOUR PREVIOUS LETTER),DOES IT SAY TRIMMED? THIS IS IN LIGHT OF YOUR OWN ADMISSION THAT YOU BOUGHT THE CARD KNOWING IT WAS TRIMMED. ADDRESS THE WHOLE ISSUE AND ANSWER THE TOUGH QUESTIONS, YOU STARTED THIS "BEOOKS BASHING" WHEN THE SUBJECT WASN'T EVEN ABOUT ME. LIKE I SAID BEFORE THIS BOARD SOMETIMES HAS A SHARK FEEDING MENTALITY AND BULLIES PEOPLE. YOU PICKED ON THE WRONG GUY TO TRY AND INTIMIDATE. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED OR ARE YOU AFRAID THAT YOU MAY HAVE PUT YOUR FOOT INTO YOUR MOUTH UP TO THE KNEE. I AM SURE YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO FORGET THIS NOW BUT YOU OPENED THIS CAN OF WORMS NOT ME.

Old 05-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Brooks, you brought this upon yourself. Between this recent episode and your sometimes questionable descriptions of the cards you sell, you have done nothing to win over any future customers. I've had several people tell me that you are a decent guy, but your outbursts here, you lack of full disclosure on some cards, combined with my run-in with you gives me no reason to trust or want to buy anything from you. You sell lots of stuff on eBay and you have seen the power that this board can weild in the vintage catagory. You certainly aren;t doing anything to help your business.

As for you accusing scott of doding the issue and trying to change the subject, you have not addressed the question asked by numerous other people in this thread, "What sis BCD do wrong that is so obvious to you, but to no one else on this board?" Try answering that question instead.

Jay

Old 05-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Abnormally high levels of "buttockxin" in your brain.

So I will help you out. Following is a definition of the verb "trim", found in Webster's Dictionary: "to make neat or orderly by clipping". There was nothing "neat or orderly" about the top cut of the Reulbach, so I gave it an extremely accurate description of "hand-cut". This same description would have sufficed when you re-sold it (to yourself), but, yes, "trimmed" would have been okay as well.

But now I will serve this concept up to you on a platter, then I WILL RESPECTFULLY RETIRE FROM THIS ASSININE DISCUSSION.

Here are two cards I am currently auctioning, one described as "trimmed" (note the orderly and neat bottom cut - but not neat enough to elude detection),http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2729418520,

and here's one described as "hand cut"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2729418574(note the cut job which is anything but neat and orderly). I'll repeat this one for you as well: I WILL NOW RESPECTFULLY RETIRE FROM THIS ASSININE DISCUSSION.

Old 05-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Posted By: petecld

I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING personal or on a busines level against Scott or Brooks, this is just the truth as I see it:

In auctions posted by Brooks AND Scott I have found some of the descriptions to be somewhat less then 100% accurate.

If Brooks bought the Lenox card as trimmed & sold the Lenox card without mentioning it was trimmed then he is WRONG but I feel Scott is just as WRONG for buying a card as trimmed and selling it as "hand cut." Saying "hand cut" doesn't excuse the lack of the word "trimmed" in the description if that's how he bought the card originally. Even if Scott didn't buy the Lenox T206 as "trimmed" I know the effort and time Scott has put into T206s so I know he knows better.

The way I see it neither party is innocent so can we call this one a draw?

Old 05-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Actually, I bought it as "Hand cut", "measures correctly", from someone who participates on this board.

And, yes, you do have issues with me, so don't try to play mediator.

Old 05-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Default Brian Daniels

Please. If it can be counted or cataloged, then, yes, you know what you are talking about;otherwise, I might as well ask for insight from my dog. Please, don't attempt to tell me what I know or don't know.