NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default Confession's Of A Lurker

Posted By: Jerry Hrechka

I read the posts on this board on a daily basis. The only reason I don't post more is because I have nothing to add to discussed topics (At least in any knowlegable or intelligent way).
I'm mainly a Non Sport card collector but I have started collecting Old Judge BB cards. So far I have 2 beaters.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hey Jerry
Don't feel lonely. I don't have anything to add either but still hang out with the guys and girls here. As I have often said, you don't need to necessarily start threads unless you want to.....but every now and then a
"Wow, nice card" or "ooh, that looks neat" kind of keeps you in the game. Good luck in the hunt for cards. For the most part I like cards I think are neat and am a type collector. Basically type collecting is collecting whatever you want to....one of each pre-wwII card series is my goal...take care and don't worry about that other thread....you only expressed your feelings....We can all empathize with that...but as moderator there are some subjects I need to nip in the bud.....otherwise, 400 posts later everyone hates everyone else .

edited spellin'

Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

don't worry about what you can add or how intelligent you may sound.

Half of my posts have zero intelligence behind them.
And the other 65% aren't too bright either!

I look forward to your posts.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Well...we've had some pretty strange posts in the past...so I wouldn't worry about saying something profound. We are just a bunch of guys and gals having some fun posting our thoughts.

Peter C.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I never have anything intelligent to add, and that never stops me.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

ditto to what Cycleback said-that goes for me as well.
In fact, at home, I will just make stuff up to hear myself talk on occasion.
true story.

I am far from what I would consider an important collector.

My most interesting contribution to this board (aside from the innane chatter about my cousin-ballplayers) is up for grabs between new information on collecting international baseball cards (Australia), and a "Show me your favorite sunset" card contest (for which I could not even pony up a prize)...neither one I would consider terribly earthshattering...so, please don't be shy - post away!

..and yes, if anyone's curious, I am personally offended and disappointed that no one voted for my sunset thread for the HOF.

Edited to Add: I just re-read my post and realized that, the fact that I wrote anything after my first line proves my very point, doesn't it?!?!? Ha!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Welcome, just sorry that you are going to collect Old Judge Cards. More competition.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Jerry, I feel the same way about posting info. Very little, if anything I can add to this group's knowledge.
But in an attempt to "earn my keep", so to speak, I'll post something or add a comment no matter how pointless . But as far as I'm concerned, except for the sometime mean-spiritedness and condescension, it's all fun.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Thanks Leon for being so forgiving. Actually I'm working on a "R" Non Sport Type Set. I have over 100 different so far and then the tough ones begin.
My Old Judge cards are very simple - as many beat up examples as I can buy at the lowest possible price. Two down and an infinity to go.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...and number of your cards has nothing to do with it. I now have less than 100 pre-war cards. But I come here all the time!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

Jerry, you have nowhere to go but to descend to our level. Welcome.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Can't go wrong with OJs Jerry! Have you formulated a goal: team, position, etc? Or is it condition only?
There sure ain't much downside to an OJ beater.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

No focus as yet. Just plan on getting them as I can afford them.