NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Very well stated by vintagechris!!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
THREE HUBBS? I missed one.

glad he's gone

Scott, One of the Hubbs was certified and I can't remember if it was in BST or on ebay. There seems to be a pattern of some of these autographs being authenticated and some not, which just seems fishy to me. Especially someone like Hubbs.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
I find it very funny what people try to get away with stating as fact this day in age with the internet. It's not difficult to look up the 1998 Major League Baseball Draft results and see that not only was Joseph or Jose Tijero not get drafted by the Mariners with the 36th pick of the 1998 Draft, but the Mariners didn't even have the 36th pick!
It's too bad, cuz with Cano and Tijero I could have seen the Mariners going all the way this year. Although the boos Tijero would have gotten from collectors every time he stepped to the plate.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I posted this in the other thread but want to post here too...

I am really up in the air on this situation right now. I know of no one defrauded and he has been on the board 2 yrs. I am not saying it couldn't still happen, after all, in watching the news today it did look like Hell Froze over recently ..
There are 2 currently open issues, I expect them to be resolved as all of the others have been. Most likely, we'll get through these couple of situations and he will be allowed back but not on the BST. I don't need the drama . A few other members are only on the main forums too.

**However, I will add......am I understanding correctly that someone on this board has been defrauded?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Can someone please direct me to the Honus Wagner issues?

Ken
Old 01-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Chris B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Can someone please direct me to the Honus Wagner issues?

Ken
First came this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177449

Then this one http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177824
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikSyko View Post
"I Remember Now."

Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

This one has me scratching my head.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181215

Four slabbed Paytons for $320 ($80 per card).

or

unslabbed Payton cards for $22 a piece.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
This one has me scratching my head.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=181215

Four slabbed Paytons for $320 ($80 per card).

or

unslabbed Payton cards for $22 a piece.
It's all about the slab...
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

I am really up in the air on this situation right now. I know of no one defrauded and he has been on the board 2 yrs. I am not saying it couldn't still happen, after all, in watching the news today it did look like Hell Froze over recently ..
There are 2 currently open issues, I expect them to be resolved as all of the others have been. Most likely, we'll get through these couple of situations and he will be allowed back but not on the BST. I don't need the drama . A few other members are only on the main forums too.

**However, I will add......am I understanding correctly that someone on this board has been defrauded?
I would say that so far I have technically been defrauded since the check was cashed almost a month ago and still no items. If they show, then I will let you know. Until then, I don't think he deserves to be back. I have been here for I think close to 3 years and have bought and sold tons of items through the BST and never has a problem until now.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
If you had that many that you wanted to sell, why not list that many to start with?
More times than not, you'll get more money if they think there's only one available.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

*******FOR THE RECORD*******I AM DEFRAUDED $350*******

Leon,
I am not a computer expert, but you must be. Please go in to my private messages and you should be able to see the MULTIPLE times I asked him, "What about the $350 you owe me?" I did not tell him I was going to resend the signed 1955 All American I bought from him to PSA, but I did tell him that it didn't look right to me and JSA failed it as well.

What I did tell him was, if he wanted to choose to send it to PSA with the other three signed RARE 1955 All American's that he was attempting to sell that I would buy all four from him if they passed. I am so sure that not even PSA would pass any of these four that I offered to pay him FULL PRICE and pay for this PSA fees if they did pass. HOW MUCH MORE CAN I OFFER TO HIM??? I cannot send him back an item without an address or ANY communication from him. Why would I if he wont even answer me. The last answer from him is like December 15th.

EVERY STORY THIS GUY COMES UP WITH IS BS and I think I am going to call his work and discuss this if it does not get resolved. Before the multiple Ken Hubbs, the Honus Wagner, and the rare 1955 All American's, I was going to just chalk this up to a bad purchase, but if he wants to push back with more BS it's not going to end well.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Jose Tijero

I just sent Leon a copy of my original Paypal receipt for the $350 signed All American he owes me money for that is not responding to.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 PM
qu@n nguy3n

so he does have a pp account? when i asked for a refund via pp he told me he didn't have one and can only send out an mo.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

He did when I paid him. This transaction is old so I think I am out of luck. Who get's their Paypal account shut down?????? Hum, people who are not doing the right thing.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
He did when I paid him. This transaction is old so I think I am out of luck. Who get's their Paypal account shut down?????? Hum, people who are not doing the right thing.
I was considering buying the lot of 6 Paytons from him, but I've never sent a money order/cheque so I decided to pass. If he had PayPal I'm 100% sure that I would have ended up purchasing it (and possibly getting scammed in the process).

Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
*******FOR THE RECORD*******I AM DEFRAUDED $350*******

Leon,
I am not a computer expert, but you must be. Please go in to my private messages and you should be able to see the MULTIPLE times I asked him, "What about the $350 you owe me?" I did not tell him I was going to resend the signed 1955 All American I bought from him to PSA, but I did tell him that it didn't look right to me and JSA failed it as well.

What I did tell him was, if he wanted to choose to send it to PSA with the other three signed RARE 1955 All American's that he was attempting to sell that I would buy all four from him if they passed. I am so sure that not even PSA would pass any of these four that I offered to pay him FULL PRICE and pay for this PSA fees if they did pass. HOW MUCH MORE CAN I OFFER TO HIM??? I cannot send him back an item without an address or ANY communication from him. Why would I if he wont even answer me. The last answer from him is like December 15th.

EVERY STORY THIS GUY COMES UP WITH IS BS and I think I am going to call his work and discuss this if it does not get resolved. Before the multiple Ken Hubbs, the Honus Wagner, and the rare 1955 All American's, I was going to just chalk this up to a bad purchase, but if he wants to push back with more BS it's not going to end well.
Got it Jason.....he is not on the forum, and won't be until he proves something other than what you have shown...He has not been let back since he was booted.......not sure what else I can do.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM

I was interested in some of the payton cards awhile back but when I requested to do through paypal he said didn't have it, but reassured me by saying a few other members purchased items without any issue. I luckily stayed clear from doing any business with the individual.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Jon Canfield

I posted this before, but I did purchase an item from Joseph (the Clemente booklet below) and although it may have taken a little while to come (I remember it being about 2 weeks), it did arrive as promised. In addition, although I have not sent it in for authentication, I did show it to a few people before purchasing and got the "looks good". So, not sure what to make of the whole situation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130910_184324.jpg (48.7 KB, 485 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:52 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I still have not received my Payton items and sent an email to Jose yesterday requesting tracking with no response.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
I posted this before, but I did purchase an item from Joseph (the Clemente booklet below) and although it may have taken a little while to come (I remember it being about 2 weeks), it did arrive as promised. In addition, although I have not sent it in for authentication, I did show it to a few people before purchasing and got the "looks good". So, not sure what to make of the whole situation.
Just a thought, but how can the booklet have been signed by Clemente when it indicates his death date?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
Just a thought, but how can the booklet have been signed by Clemente when it indicates his death date?
If I remember right the signature is actually on a card or photo and is glued (I think?) inside the booklet.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Jeff P0tter

The Clemente looks to be a deckle edge card from the 1960's that the top was cut off and affixed to the booklet.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
The Clemente looks to be a deckle edge card from the 1960's that the top was cut off and affixed to the booklet.
Ahh! I see. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Jon Canfield

Yup - it's a deckle edge that has been trimmed down and glued into the booklet.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

A month and 11 days....still no items from Jose...Sent another email. I'll give it until the end of the week before I call the police.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
A month and 11 days....still no items from Jose...Sent another email. I'll give it until the end of the week before I call the police.
Your police or his boss?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Probably his boss. I obviously want to make sure it's the correct person.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Probably his boss. I obviously want to make sure it's the correct person.
He told me he was a sheriff but I am not sure what we can believe. I am sorry this is happening. But quite honestly, no amount of board security will prevent a seller gone bad. He's not really ONLY a scammer.....kind of like a good guy gone bad. By the reactions on the board he really has (maybe until now) never defrauded anyone. It's always been very slow shipping and poor communication.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Brandon Raber

The Jose Tijero we identified only is only a Sheriff's Deputy. I think he lied about his identity too.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206trader View Post
The Jose Tijero we identified only is only a Sheriff's Deputy. I think he lied about his identity too.
It is common in my area for deputies to refer to themselves as Sheriffs.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
qu@n nguy3n

any update james?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

No updates. Just an email last week that said my items would go out…but of course they didn't. I sent another email Sunday night and Jose simply responded with "your will receive your items"…I have looked into my other options of finding resolution in this matter.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

You appear to be far more patient than I am.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Just curious, but has anyone called the police station that he supposedly works for and verified if this is the same Jose Tijero? If so, seems like this would make it an open and shut case. I know this has already been mentioned, but I keep expecting to see someone post about actually calling the police station at which he is supposedly employed.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 PM
keith janosky

Jim, I know it's easy for me to say since it doesn't involve me but I would contact some authorities or an attorney or someone to help you out with this guy.This guy is dragging this thing out with you and he knows you keep giving him more time and I have dealt with guys like that where they think they'll wear you down to where you just give up and say you'll take your losses and that is what he hopes you do. At this point he has no intention of sending you your items as you can tell by how long it has taken. Just my opinion and like I said easy for me to say since it is not my problem. Good luck to you and hope you come out on the winning side of this.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Charlie

Jim, I had a similar issue some time ago and had an attorney friend of mine send a demand letter out. Sure enough, matter was resolved within a week with him asking me why did I have to get an attorney involved
I would take Keith's advice here.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

The problem with that last statement is, "attorney friend of mine". If no attorney friend, that equals $300 per hour. "If you are only out $300, that does not really work. If he in fact works at that department, calling Internal Affairs might be a much cheaper alternative. I have not made that call as I have been too busy during the day recently, but seems like the next route. Very disappointing.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
T Mac

If I were you, I would call the American Canyon Police Department and ask to speak to the Chief, Tracey Stuart. Tell her your story and that someone has been using one of her Deputies names while conducting business on here. If this Tijero guy is really a Deputy, she will get to the bottom of it.

AMERICAN CANYON POLICE DEPARTMENT

911 Donaldson Way East
American Canyon, CA 94503
(707) 551-0600 Office
(707) 648-0171 Dispatch
(707) 644-8641 Fax
Email: amcanpd@cityofamericancanyon.org
Good deals with: Mrc32, Anthony S., White Borders, T206hound, Idiottax, Tonyo, Gradedcardman, Scott L., kamikidEFFL, T213, Danny Smith, Dru724, FamilyToad, Bigb13, Wymers Auction, rjackson44, mintacular, skooter, t206wagner, edwolf1963, tjb1952tjb, chesbro41, 39special, swanstars, willowgrove, leerob538, dog*dirt, AndyG09, jschris, rp12367, grayghost, wazoo, wolf441, robextend, tolstoi, markf31, matthew80, kodiak, bunker, frankbmd, bocabirdman, Joem36, bamadad2000, cammb, 4815162342
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsportscards View Post
If I were you, I would call the American Canyon Police Department and ask to speak to the Chief, Tracey Stuart. Tell her your story and that someone has been using one of her Deputies names while conducting business on here. If this Tijero guy is really a Deputy, she will get to the bottom of it.

AMERICAN CANYON POLICE DEPARTMENT

911 Donaldson Way East
American Canyon, CA 94503
(707) 551-0600 Office
(707) 648-0171 Dispatch
(707) 644-8641 Fax
Email: amcanpd@cityofamericancanyon.org
+1
Old 01-29-2014, 05:03 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

well????
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Maybe it's time to post this thread to their facebook website?

https://www.facebook.com/American.Ca...59482100750184
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Update:
Hello all,

I finally was able to get Jose to mail out my items and he provided me with tracking. The only problem now is that the item shows delivered to my town, but not to my home. I was expecting 2 packages today and one was delivered with my normal mail at 1:30pm, but the package from Jose shows it was scanned as "delivered" at 9:30am....

I am beginning to think I am going crazy. I called the post office and alerted them to the issue, gave them the tracking #, and was told the driver would check his route and return a call to me tomorrow.

I assume someone at the post office scanned it in and took the items, but who knows. This is the first issue I have had with this particular post office, after having 100's of items delivered.

I confirmed the address was correct and Jose said it was, but who knows.

My two questions:
1.) It was shipped "First Class" and I don't believe that includes insurance, so is there anything I can do? Especially with the discrepancy in the delivery times?

2.) By me giving them the tracking #, Are they able to see what address the package was designated to? Let's say it was sent to "907 Street Address" instead of "970 Street Address" ?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:46 PM

I hate to say this, but he may have "Boned" you. Ask the mail carrier which one of his blocks would have been completed aroudn 9:30. He may have put a different address with nothing in it and hoped no one will claim it. Ask them to check for that.

If the Zip codes match, paypal doesn't care. Call them and call their attention to both tracking numbers to confirm when your mail was delivered and when his "Package" supposedly was delivered.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I called the post office and gave them the tracking info. I live in a small town and the mail guy confirmed to her that he delivered a package to my house at 1:30, but not at 9:30...so that is the issue. Are you saying that he shipped an empty box to a different address?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
so that is the issue. Are you saying that he shipped an empty box to a different address?
I believe that what he is saying.

Since delivery confirmation only shows delivery date and a zip code (not street address), that would be a shady way to try to get around PayPal buyer protection.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Default Time to call his Watch Commander

and quit screwing with this guy. You could also talk with the USPS Postal Inspectors... And good luck with this.

Keith
...whatever I want
Old 02-12-2014, 08:39 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Hello Keith,

This goes back to early December. Nobody is "screwing" with this guy. Also, check was mailed, Paypal not involved.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM

Yeah, I was saying he shipped it elsewhere. The box probably had no name and only an address on it to get someone tk open it and claim as their own.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:58 PM

The tracking isn't always correct. I have had packages shown delivered and either showed up later that day or the following day.