NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default DFW Sports Collectibles show

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Just thought I would give a very brief update on a local show held here today in Richardson, Tx. (a few miles north of Dallas but sort of connected). I actually coordinated with Scott B. and we got to meet for a little while. Usually we show up just in the nick of time to miss one another. No biggie but nice talking to fellow junkies for a while, in person, when possible. The show had about 30 tables total. Wally Moon and Johnny Podres were signing (I don't collect autographs...). There was actually a fair amount of folks there for the size of it. Roger Neufeldt was there and had his usual asssortment of very nice vintage material. He also had the other 1899 Imperial Beaneater Cabinet with him. It looked more awesome in person than they even look in the scans in the current auction. There really wasn't anything I needed, that he was selling, but we spoke for a good while and he was his usual polite (and very busy) self I did meet a newer vintage collector too. His name was Eric P. (I won't use the whole last name as he doesn't know I am posting about him). He was standing next to me at Roger's and introduced himself as someone that Scott did some trades/business with. Any card friend of Scott's is a card friend of mine !! He told me that Scott told him I would be there and seemed like a nice young guy. I showed him some of my collection that I brought up there to show Scott and he showed my some really nice T210's and Gypsy Queens he had. He said he was about to sell some stuff on ebay and could I help him with the scans? Get that- ME, helping someone with a computer!@# Anyway, he showed me some cards and I said I would post them for him. He had one I was interested in. I bought it from him, at a very decent price, and here it is....so the show was not a total shut out.....regards all....

Old 03-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Hey Leon, where was Roger when you made the deal to buy his card? Looks pretty nice.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Leon--What is the story on the Beaneater cabinet? Is this a player that Lew does not have in his auction or is it a duplicate of one that Lew has?

Thanks--Jay

Old 03-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Administrator

JC- Roger was in the other room. Scott, Eric, and I went into a little break room to chat so we wouldn't bother Rogers bustling business. JAY- the Beaneater Cabinet is a nice looking common that Roger talked his wife into letting him keep. It is not a dupe but not the nicest one by far. He is selling the nicest ones in the auction....something about promising Charlie (his wife) about business before pleasure ....or some nonsense like that regards all

Old 03-31-2003, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Thanks Leon! I didn't realize that Roger was the consignor.

Old 03-31-2003, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

They are very nice looking! Roger showed them to me here in Atlanta after he picked them up. He offered one to me, but I did'nt pull the trigger on it. I think I should have.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Just wondering if you guys saw any nice E90-1 through E102s and any decent T204 through T215s?
Any comment?
Bob

Old 03-31-2003, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Besides Roger's tables there were about 3 vintage cards in the rest of the place. Pretty normal for that show. It's usually walk in, see Roger's table right in front of you, stop there for 30 minutes, walk around the room in 5-10 minutes, go back to Roger's table for a little while longer, and leave He didn't have too many E cards but did have a few. No big name cards that I remember. regards all

Old 03-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: SCOTT BROCKELMAN

BOB, THIS IS A VERY SMALL SHOW, AND THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND, LEON BOUGHT THE BEST CARD OF THE DAY, THE N333 PRIVATELY IN THE HALLWAY, I BOUGHT THE ONLY W600 ROGER HAD AND EXAMINED HIS BOSTON CABINET. THE TRUTH IS SHOWS ARE NEARLY EXTINCT IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY, PERHAPS BACK EAST THEY ARE THRIVING, I KNOW OF ONE BOARD CONTRIBUTOR, IN THE N.E. AREA THAT HAS HAD GOOD LUCK IN THE LAST WEEKS AT SHOWS, BUT IN THE CENTRAL PART OF THE COUNTRY NOTHING IS TO BE FOUND. I ONLY DO 1 SHOW A YEAR NOW AND THATS THE NATIONAL AND EVEN IT IS NOT NEARLY WHAT IT USED TO BE. THE MARKET HAS NO WHERE TO GO BUT UP UNLESS PEOPLE GET DISCOURAGED BY THE LACK OF MATERIAL WHICH IS WHY I DROPPED OUT OF COIN COLLECTING YEARS AGO, LIKE MY CARDS, I ONLY COLLECTED THE EARLIEST OF U.S. COINS, COLONIALS AND LARGE CENTS, THE 1700'S PRIMARILY AND JUST COULD NOT FIND ANYMORE. PREWAR CARDS ARE THE SAME WAY AT SHOWS., WHILE COMMON MATERIAL IS ABUNDANT ON EBAY, TRUELY RARE MATERIAL IS VERY HARD TO COME BY AND WILL STILL COMMAND A PREMIUM.,

SCOTT

Old 03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

What is the actual market value for something like the N333 Newsboy league you bought. Just curious since these are just about impossible to find, but the books arent too high on them.

Old 03-31-2003, 06:39 PM
Administrator

My guess is in the $350-$450 range...depending on how much 2-3 people would want it....This, like many other scarce cards, can not be judged very well by a "book" value....regardless, of which book......

Old 03-31-2003, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

There was actually a card show here in our small town. Saw a sign for it on the way to work. Would have loved to stop by and see if there was anything worthwhile. Around here, auctions/estate sales are about the only to find anything decent

Jay