NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Default Mouschi's Rolling Canseco Pickup Thread

Some of the best collections out there are probably stored in boxes in closets, which is a shame. The only air time they get is when talking to other collectors about what you have. Whenever I say anything about cards to anyone I know, they have a sneaking suspicion that I'm really a 12 year old with a beard.

I thought I'd take this time to post up a thread that will show some recent pickups I have made for my personal collection. Some will be cheap and some will be expensive. I'll try to update it as frequently as possible, and will show the card I have displayed on my desk for that day.

Not only that, but I would like to post a short story along with each card, whenever possible.

Here is the first!

2013 Panini America's Pastime Jose Canseco Eckersley Dual Autograph #/15

There was a long period of silence for Canseco collectors. From 2007 to 2012, Canseco simply didn't have very many cards to speak of that looked all that collectible to many. Sure, there were some down right strange cards of him playing poker, cards of him in a suit, etc. but not many that I feel showed him as the true slugger he was.

For me, Panini broke the silence in 2013. This card was different from the others - plus, it was a booklet - with Dennis Eckersley's autograph on it as well! This is a win-win for me, because I LOVE Eck as well. This is a card that I would have went bananas for when I was a kid ... heck, I still go bananas for it now! This card screams 1989 dominance all over.

Sure, there are no logos, but Panini does a great job hiding them inconspicuously, and they use plenty of GREEN to trick your mind into thinking that it is a legit A's card .

This came folded up in a case in a collection I purchased a short while ago, and it was only yesterday that I put it in a booklet holder to display next to my monitor. I think it is a great addition to the PC!

Have any Canseco cards I may need? HIT ME UP!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:47 PM

What's his toughest card ?
What are the 86 donruss rookies selling for ?
Old 04-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
What's his toughest card ?
What are the 86 donruss rookies selling for ?
He has many tough cards. I'd love his 89 Donruss & Leaf Blue Chips, 90 Donruss Aqueous, 98 Crusade Red, 96 Select Certified Mirror Gold, 97 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold among many others. The 1986 Donruss rated rookie goes for $5-10 and I'd say his "The Rookies" version may go for $1-3
Old 04-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i found this card (in my football stash)
I figured you'd like to see a shirtless Jose (for those wo-man collectors!)
Disregard the card on the right- its a football player-Griese

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-03-2015, 04:43 PM

I do have it but thanks for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
i found this card (in my football stash)
I figured you'd like to see a shirtless Jose (for those wo-man collectors!)
Disregard the card on the right- its a football player-Griese

Last edited by mouschi; 04-06-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:08 AM

Today's card is a 1999 Sports Illustrated Fabulous 40's hand numbered to the number of homers Canseco hit. Here is a picture of the regular embossed version and the hand numbered prismatic version.

This card caught my eye the first time I saw it quite a while ago on ebay and thought I would go for it if it was low enough ($10-15 range). It was such a nice/quirky looking card hand numbered card. The finish is beautiful, and the design work is so 90's.

Fleer made these cards with odd coloring on the close up picture, and squeezed/elongated that photo to fit on the right hand side. The design is certainly true to its time period. The fact that it is embossed is cool, too. They have like, a trillion things going on with this card. If anyone is a 90's inserts fan, this is right on the mark.

It ended up going for $60 or $70 which blew me out of the water. The last one went for $27.50 including shipping, which had 2 bids and was listed under the player Mark McGwire.

There are no hand numbered Fabulous 40's of anyone listed on ebay right now out of the 13 card set. I'm glad I was able to get my copy!

Old 04-23-2015, 12:35 AM
Bill Gregory

Could we possibly get this moved to the correct forum? This isn't really a pre-1980 topic.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Could we possibly get this moved to the correct forum? This isn't really a pre-1980 topic.
My apologies - yes, if someone can move it, please do. When I first made this thread, I saw post war and jumped on it, only to find out a week later it said pre '80. Let's get this icky 80's to present stuff out of your forum!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
My apologies - yes, if someone can move it, please do. When I first made this thread, I saw post war and jumped on it, only to find out a week later it said pre '80. Let's get this icky 80's to present stuff out of your forum!
I think that, deep down, you want to collect vintage baseball cards Mouschi. It is okay to admit it. We won't judge.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I think that, deep down, you want to collect vintage baseball cards Mouschi. It is okay to admit it. We won't judge.
I love vintage I'll be writing about it shortly, but I did a deal a while back with someone for a BOAT LOAD of vintage for all my 80's stuff. This was in the early 90's, so don't worry ... the only way it would have been known as a rip-off is if I had done the deal with a time machine involved.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I agree, Chris.

No problem, Mouschi. I did that once or twice when I started here, too. It's a little more structured than Sports Card Forum, so I'm just trying to pass that along. The posters here are more mature on the average than you'll find over there. Of course, my coming here messed that all up, lol.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:33 PM

I'm just getting back to this thread - I've just been busy spending some time hanging out with the guy on the cardboard I collect! I'm sorry - I know you are probably sick of hearing about that right now, but buckle in ... I'm not likely to shut up about it anytime soon.

This evening's edition features the 2001 Donruss Elite cards.
One regular, red die cut to 67 and gold die cut to 33

I actually picked up the gold #/33 while we were on our road trip and I was just jumping out of my skin, because I've wanted this card for so long and wasn't sure I'd ever see it again. I got it for a *LOT* less than I thought I was going to have to pay!

Here it is in all of its serial numbered, die-cut, refractory glory:

I can't tell you how much I love this card.