NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default PowerSeller status gets easier

Posted By: jay behrens 

I thought you were supposed to have no more than 2% negs, yet here is a PowerSeller with with more negs than that.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=anseladam1

The whole PowerSeller label is total joke.

Jay

Old 03-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Ward

you are bored

Old 03-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Administrator

And no activity on the board either. And I just can't get excited about all the college hoops going on.

Jay

Old 03-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cycleback

I beleive the PowerSeller status is evaluated at the end of every month. If one fell below the required status, one would loose the PowerSeller status at the end of the month not right away. The status is partially based on average monthly sales, which is not calculated until the end of the month.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Is till say it's way to easy to get PowerSeller status. So many of them would lose that label if they raised the standard to a more realistic 1% neg cutoff. There is no excuse for having more negs than that, especially when your rating is over 1k

Old 03-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Knowing eBay I think the dollar amount of the items you sell more then makes up for any feedback issues.

Remember the eBay Powersellers motto - QUANTITY not QUALITY.

Old 03-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Jeesh - the guy's feedback is only off by .3%. Maybe the rock buying community is a picky bunch...

Have Lee take you outside to play catch .

Old 03-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

You have to be over 98% to keep the statis going.. After this month Ebay will probally pull it... Maybe not....

Old 03-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

what I need to do is figure out exactly many negatives it will take to bring Kingcollectibles down from his powerseller status by buying up all those 9.99 reprint Frojoys? Let me get my calculator....

Old 03-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

Tbob,

Take a look at a recent Ebay win from "KING" number 3903464746, maybe he dances around in his new shoes and sings some kind of song from the Frojoy Icecream days... "I'm so pretty, oh so pretty..." Kidding all. You sure can learn a lot about people when you see what kind of stuff they bid on.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

For a big seller with thousands of transactions, a 2% bad feedback rate sounds low but represents 20 pissed off customers per 1000. That is 200+ people for a 10,000+ feedback seller.

When there is a new seller I don't know, or when the item is really expensive, I look not at the feedback score per se but also at the timing and raw numbers of bad feedbacks. Did the seller get hit with a cluster at the start of business that might be attributable to snafus with a new business or is the seller getting hit continually, representing an ongoing problem? What are the reasons given for the negatives? If I see even one fake or altered card complaint, I run like hell. How did the seller react to the negative? If they go into name calling and insane rants, I'm inclined to stay away, too.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joel

97.6 is really 98