NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-13-2019, 10:20 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Should I or shouldn't I?

I have a question for you autograph guys.

I have had a few of these Ryne Sandberg Red Lobster cards but this is th eonly one I have left. While not rare they are not easy to find in great condition due to the fact the set was given away at Wrigley and it was heavily shrink wrapped which caused many corner issues. As this is Sandberg's real rookie card I am in a bit of a conundrum.

Sandberg signs through the mail for ten bucks and I do know those autographs are real. He lives within an hour drive of me and he is around town signing autographs to getting a real one is not a worry. The question is SHOULD I have it signed or leave it as it is? I love the idea of signed rookie cards but I know these Red Lobsters in better condition have some collectability as well.

What are your thoughts??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ryno.jpg (34.2 KB, 209 views)
Old 04-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Jonathan Sterling

If you want to know the answer to your question then you are going to have to send in the Rhino for grading. If it comes back a ten then best not to disturb it. A 9 maybe?? anything less definitely get it signed.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:15 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Thanks for the reply. You are probably right. I think I will be packaging this up and sending it to PSA to take my chances.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:31 PM

If this card is indeed better than most out there and you deem it worthy of being signed, I would strongly advise against the $10 through-the-mail scrawl you'll receive. Best to give the item the signature it deserves: a full-name version with the inscriptions of your choice as done at a paid signing. You'd be killing that card otherwise. The $10 black Sharpie scrawl is fine for less pristine copies.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 04-13-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:17 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
If this card is indeed better than most out there and you deem it worthy of being signed, I would strongly advise against the $10 through-the-mail scrawl you'll receive. Best to give the item the signature it deserves: a full-name version with the inscriptions of your choice as done at a paid signing. You'd be killing that card otherwise. The $10 black Sharpie scrawl is fine for less pristine copies.

Sandberg used to have a great signature back in the day, a signature that can be seen as a facsimile on this card. His autograph right now looks less than ideal but I guess it is the only one that can be had!

I didnt realize that his TTM autograph was much different than what is obtained at a paid signing. You may have a great point in that if there is a different autograph at a signing I may just wait until the National to get it there as I have no doubt he will be signing. Thanks for the idea!!
Old 04-14-2019, 06:44 AM

His show autograph isn't a huge improvement over the $10 version, but you'd have more control over pen type and signature placement. Ryno is a huge fan of thick Sharpies when signing from home--something that would look horrible on this card.