NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
you will love it here! try on a t206....be careful, they are addictive

peace

johnny
Yeah, I forget how addictive this hobby was but we are having a blast. Just seeing my son's face light up when he gets a Mike Trout or Aaron Judge makes it worth every penny.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Kyle May

Not sure how old your son is, but if he's middle elementary/middle school age, have him check out the "_____ & Me" books by Dan Gutman. That's where my love for Pre-War started, and now I'm 24 with over 55% of the Hall of Fame complete (one playing days/involvement card of each HoFer; yes my signature needs updated).

Half the fun of these pieces of cardboard is the stories behind them and how they tell not only the history of baseball, but America as well.

Current Project: Hall of Famers - 1 playing-days/involvement card (if possible) of each.
Progress: 194/323 (60.06%)

In-depth tracking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 10-12-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Not sure how old your son is, but if he's middle elementary/middle school age, have him check out the "_____ & Me" books by Dan Gutman. That's where my love for Pre-War started, and now I'm 24 with over 55% of the Hall of Fame complete (one playing days/involvement card of each HoFer; yes my signature needs updated).

Half the fun of these pieces of cardboard is the stories behind them and how they tell not only the history of baseball, but America as well.
Great. I am going to look them up. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A belated welcome to the fray here and also back into the hobby, Derek. Collect what you enjoy, do some research before buying, and it will be fun. Our BST areas are quite safe but you still have to be on the lookout for a scammer who might have gotten in. Any member can always PM me for a reference on someone. Many times it will be obvious once their posts are looked at, their interaction etc..... It is caveat emptor on our board BST areas and there are no other protections besides our US legal system. Other places to buy are any of our great advertisers who run auction houses. All of the banners you see are advertisers who have good reputations (and of course there are many others too). Good luck and have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown0398 View Post
After a 25 year "break," and spurned on by my 12 year old son wildly picking up the hobby, I have started collecting baseball cards again and having a blast as it is now a hobby that I get to share with both my son and my father, who is also starting back a little. I collected through most of the 70's, all of the 80's, and into the 90's but sold 95% of my collection back in 1996 so I am essentially starting all over. Would really appreciate some suggestions on places to buy on the internet (other than Ebay), shops in the north Alabama area, and shows that we can all go to together. I would also appreciate any tips and suggestions on the new cards to buy as I am a bit blown away by all of the types and brands available (not like the old days of Topps, Fleer, and Donruss). I am mainly into the cards of the 50's through the 70's, but my son loves the new stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

Derek
Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM

I have two words for you: Topps Heritage
Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomass View Post
I have two words for you: Topps Heritage
We have discovered those. One of my son’s favorites.