NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Default I Made The Hate Site Again.

I am proud to announce that I made the Hate Site again.

http://www.autographnewslive.com/

What, no Todd Mueller on that list? Or is that Todd's list?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Chris do you get paid. Have you ever issued a cert to anyone? Take comfort that they thought that much of you.

1) Coach’s Corner
2) Victor Moreno
3) Donald Frangipani
4) Christopher Williams
5) Joe DiMaggio Company
6) STAT Authentics
7) Roger Epperson or REAL
8) Nicholas Burczyk
9) Justin Priddy
10) Steve Cyrkin (Starbrite Autographs)

WHO IS THE ONE PERSON MISSING THAT IS BY FAR THE MOST FAMOUS OF ALL AUTHENTICATORS.THAT SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST BEFORE ANYONE?

Sorry for the caps just really Pissed just how stupid that site is.

Last edited by shelly; 05-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Chris do you get paid. Have you ever issued a cert to anyone? Take comfort that they thought that much of you.

1) Coach’s Corner
2) Victor Moreno
3) Donald Frangipani
4) Christopher Williams
5) Joe DiMaggio Company
6) STAT Authentics
7) Roger Epperson or REAL
8) Nicholas Burczyk
9) Justin Priddy
10) Steve Cyrkin (Starbrite Autographs)

WHO IS THE ONE PERSON MISSING THAT IS BY FAR THE MOST FAMOUS OF ALL AUTHENTICATORS.THAT SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST BEFORE ANYONE?

Sorry for the caps just really Pissed just how stupid that site is.
I think he meant Morales, but has Chris on his mind WAY too much!

How about Drew Max???
Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post

How about Drew Max???
No, they (The Hate Site) meant me.

Another Badge Of Honor bestowed upon me by the friends of Travis Roste.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:

How about Drew Max???
I have no idea what you meant by Chris on my mind.
I asked the question of all the people who where listed who is the one that they did not mention.
I felt Chris should be honered that they said he was an authenticator. Everyone on that list has been paid for there opinion except Chris.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Here we go. Another "they're trying to crucify me because of all I do for you" thread.
And, just to show us how wrong it is to use these fora to run others down, Chris, once again and for no reason, uses his perceived martyrdom as an excuse to attack Travis.

Thanks, Chris, for all you do.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:

How about Drew Max???
Forgot about him.
How about Mike Baker?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Chris, two questions for you, since I see you're logged on right now:

1) Why would you ever even look back at that site? By posting here, you have to realize you're giving them what they seek: attention.

2) While you're here, how about going to some of the other recent threads you've started and closing up some of those loose ends? Right now you remind me of some guy on a shark boat: dump some chum, then step back and watch as the feeding frenzy happens. But you never seem to go back. (OK, technically that's incorrect. In the Ruth ticket thread, you came started off by saying it's fake. Then in the middle somewhere, you posted two seemingly random autos from two ends of the baseball spectrum, saying they were linked. Then at the very end (so far), you came on to finally clear the whole thing up by stating the Ruth ticket was definitely fake.)

Ken
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Christopher Williams

Actually, Ken, I didn't go back. I was sent the link by someone else.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 PM

And this thread--clearly drawing attention to the site--must have been started by someone else, too.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Actually, Ken, I didn't go back. I was sent the link by someone else.
But you're giving it far more attention than it deserves by posting it here.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

David, so help me, if you keep posting at the same time as me, with the same type message, some pinhead is going to get the crazy idea we're a team!!

Ken
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
David, so help me, if you keep posting at the same time as me, with the same type message, some pinhead is going to get the crazy idea we're a team!!

Ken
+1!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Here we go. Another "they're trying to crucify me because of all I do for you" thread.
And, just to show us how wrong it is to use these fora to run others down, Chris, once again and for no reason, uses his perceived martyrdom as an excuse to attack Travis.

Thanks, Chris, for all you do.
David, he keeps running me down like that, instead of sticking to answering questions about autographs, which i am interested in, but he evidently is not. he comes after me and i have nothing to do with anything he talks about when he wants to elicit sympathy from others while trashing my name that i took years to build up.

He is playing the old "you have friends i don't like, so you better change your friends" thats the old saw steve cyrkin likes to use over on the real hate site that williams posts on a near daily basis.

if you are not on their approved friends list, then get ready for mud. lets see a list of his friends, who do i care who he is friends with, but they are so interested in my friends because its not about the autographs anymore. i love autographs, they love to pin guilt by association on people with no proof.

if they got a problem with someone posting about them, then go after that person, but they go after me instead. i didnt post anything about him, he always comes around to blaming me.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-08-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
No, they (The Hate Site) meant me.

Travis he called them you friends. If that is insulting you then maybe he has a point.
You can write a whole page if you want but that is all he said. Did not insult you put you down just stated a fact that you have said is true.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 AM

He made "the Hate Site again." What does that have to do with anything Travis has done? Why bring up his name at all?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Travis he called them you friends. If that is insulting you then maybe he has a point.
You can write a whole page if you want but that is all he said. Did not insult you put you down just stated a fact that you have said is true.
it's insulting because he uses my name and hate site in the same sentence, and people pick up on that, and he has no proof once again. I don't post there and don't know who does.

like david said, what does it have to do with anything other than trying to inflame a board? if he has a beef with anyone who posts something, then take it up with them. i didnt see a byline by the way. maybe he could have the guts to post names of the people he knows is posting stuff about him? since he knows for sure? if not, then calling anonymous posters my friends to try to hurt me is pretty bad. we are here to talk about autographs, not peoples personal beefs with others, some of whom aren't even members here. his friends steve cyrkin, who is a member here, by the way, does the same thing, basically asking for a list of your friends so they can approve or either start the attack machine.

i know who my friends are. i dont see them posting anything. if he has proof, then prove it. he wants to elicit sympathy. well , he has mine, but not for any of the topics he has brought up recently like this one, but because i do feel sorry for him that he can't seem to find happiness within himself without having to try to drag others into his personal situations.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-09-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Guys- when someone gets slammed so often by someone else then that person sometimes just assumes he is being attacked or he retaliates without being provoked.

It's kind of like a father walking into a room with his child and the child automatically ducks in order to avoid being hit. *(yet the father didn't do anything)

You guys are all on the same team in wanting to root fraud out of the hobby. Why not get along with each other and act like it? It would make this part of the board much more enjoyable for ya'll. I do believe you all want the same things.

And lastly, as evidenced by my continued actions, I can't stand anonymity when it comes to bashing people or giving opinions. I hold no stock in sites that allow that sort of behaviour. And that part of what ya'll are saying I happen to agree with. I do think Chris (hi Chris) should just ignore that puss* site. If people want to be cowards and not stand behind what they say I wouldn't pay them any attention.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

I would agree, lets get on to preventing fraud in the hobby and leave our personal gripes at home. he mentioned my name with no proof of anything and i am willing to forget it, but i really wish he would confine his personal problems with the parties involved and not drag others into it. it was juvenile of him to mention my name in a McCarthy style way solely to try to inflame.

I expect an apology but am willing to move on without one. If he has a post written by me that is personal in nature or vindictive against him that doesn't have anything seriously to do with autographs, then i wish he would post it. If not, then he needs to man up and take his grievances over to who he perceives to be the offending parties and leave "friends" out of it less people go through his rolodex and find out who his friends are and what their predilections are. Who wants that? Not me.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-09-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I would agree, lets get on to preventing fraud in the hobby and leave our personal gripes at home. he mentioned my name with no proof of anything and i am willing to forget it, but i really wish he would confine his personal problems with the parties involved and not drag others into it. it was juvenile of him to mention my name in a McCarthy style way solely to try to inflame.

I expect an apology but am willing to move on without one. If he has a post written by me that is personal in nature or vindictive against him that doesn't have anything seriously to do with autographs, then i wish he would post it. If not, then he needs to man up and take his grievances over to who he perceives to be the offending parties and leave "friends" out of it less people go through his rolodex and find out who his friends are and what their predilections are. Who wants that? Not me.
I believe it's your "church buddy" Todd Ol Mighty" wholier than though...you know the story teller who rarely sees an autograph he doesn't like...your buddy. You are a confirmed dick....and David is close behind, IMHO

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-09-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Great post, Fudd! Any minute now it should receive a "+1" and a couple of big smileys from a noted autograph dealer.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
I don't post there and don't know who does.
From Peter Nash's site:

"According to collector Travis Roste, who writes for AutographNewslive.com, this is nothing new for Spence and JSA."

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=8457

Is he wrong? Are you going to ask him to redactt his statement?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Travis, why would he need to apologize for saying the truth. I know you did not write the artical but they are your friends. If they are not please make that clear. Then he should apoligize.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
From Peter Nash's site:

"According to collector Travis Roste, who writes for AutographNewslive.com, this is nothing new for Spence and JSA."

Is he wrong? Are you going to ask him to redactt his statement?
Anyone home..... Travis?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Travis, you are always there to say you have been insulted, picked on and I would go as far as say humiliated by Chris. If what Nash site says is true I think you owe Chris an apology, because what he has said about your relastionship with that site seems to be true.
No. 14 on this thead so it is clear what I saying to you.

Last edited by shelly; 05-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Dan Bretta

: crickets chirping :
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Dan, besides the sound of silence from Travis, where are all the people that defended him. I would think someone should speak up. I like you enjoy the quite of night.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUy9ePyo6Q‎
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Travis didn't write the article--even Chris doesn't accuse him of doing so.
I said it before, and I'll say it again--there was absolutely no reason for Chris to bring up Travis' name.

Should someone say "Look what Chris' friend did," every time you act like a jerk, Shelly?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Travis didn't write the article--even Chris doesn't accuse him of doing so.
I said it before, and I'll say it again--there was absolutely no reason for Chris to bring up Travis' name.

Should someone say "Look what Chris' friend did," every time you act like a jerk, Shelly?
exactly, that is the whole point. i dont have nothing to do with anything and he brings my name out of the blue. something i dont do about him, but he can't stop fueling the fire, so.... meanwhile i talk about autographs and the hobby, not personal stuff.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-09-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
exactly, that is the whole point. i dont have nothing to do with anything and he brings my name out of the blue. something i dont do about him, but he can't stop fueling the fire, so.... meanwhile i talk about autographs and the hobby, not personal stuff.
Travis, that will not fly. He did not bring your name out of the blue. You are part of that site. That is what he said and you have yet to say it is not true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFjhEYXbbU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3DAXmr3fL4‎
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM

Enough, already, Shelly. Travis did nothing to deserve being called out.
And WTF business is it of yours, anyway? Chris is old enough to fight his own battles--especially as he starts them himself.

Chris has posted scores of YouTube videos. It could be said that he is "part of that site." There's been some vile sh*t posted by others on YouTube. Should Chris be blamed for that?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Dan Bretta

Travis apparently told Nash that he writes for Autographnewslive.com, but is unwilling to say that on Net54? Why? As far as I can see that site is set up to settle some agenda and it's done in the most cowardly way possible....anonymously.

The cloak and dagger secrecy in this hobby is laughable...especially when one of the proponents of openness refuses to answer simple questions about his association with a website that is anonymous.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Travis apparently told Nash that he writes for Autographnewslive.com, but is unwilling to say that on Net54? Why? As far as I can see that site is set up to settle some agenda and it's done in the most cowardly way possible....anonymously.

The cloak and dagger secrecy in this hobby is laughable...especially when one of the proponents of openness refuses to answer simple questions about his association with a website that is anonymous.
Agreed and still waiting for Travis's response. This isn't going away until Travis answers. It's not a personal attack at all. It is just a question that should be answered.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Leon, funny how you don't push Chris to answer questions but you do with other people.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Leon, funny how you don't push Chris to answer questions but you do with other people.
I agree with this...Chris is the absolute KING of the cloak and dagger BS.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
+1

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Dan Bretta

I believe Leon has said more than a few times that he doesn't agree with Chris's methods on this forum, but agrees with what he is doing to help clean up the hobby. Travis on the other hand is preaching openness in the hobby yet is apparently associated with this anonymous attack site which seems more than a little bit hypocritical.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 PM

Chris' methods point more towards drawing attention to himself than they do towards "cleaning up the hobby."
Old 05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Jeff

For pure unadulterated drama, you just cannot beat the autograph hobby. You would think we were curing cancer or building neutron bombs here.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
For pure unadulterated drama, you just cannot beat the autograph hobby. You would think we were curing cancer or building neutron bombs here.
Jeff, don't be silly. This is more like brain surgery.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Jeff, don't be silly. This is more like brain surgery.
Brain Salad Surgery

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Brain Salad Surgery
10 points for an ELP reference. Anyway, there's probably as much drama over on the card side with counterfeit cello packs or trimmed cards as there is over here.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Brain Salad Surgery
And "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends" is PERFECT for this forum!!

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post

And "Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends" is PERFECT for this forum!!

Ken
Karn Evel (carnival) #9 - extremely appropriate

Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have absolutely said I didn't agree with a few of Chris's threads, in the delivery of them.

Now, what about Travis saying one thing and doing another? Is it that difficult of a question? He said one thing and was quoted as doing something else. We're waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Leon; 05-10-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
I have not viewed some of Chris's recent threads positively and have told him as much in those threads, but I don't recall his name being associated with a website that is cowardly and anonymously insulting a fellow net54 member's sexuality. Chris's unanswered questions make himself look bad, and I don't expect a moderator to get involved there. The questions being put to
Travis are about his association with mudslinging another member's character and personal life. As such, I'm glad Leon is asking the same questions as others here.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
I have not viewed some of Chris's recent threads positively and have told him as much in those threads, but I don't recall his name being associated with a website that is cowardly and anonymously insulting a fellow net54 member's sexuality. Chris's unanswered questions make himself look bad, and I don't expect a moderator to get involved there. The questions being put to
Travis are about his association with mudslinging another member's character and personal life. As such, I'm glad Leon is asking the same questions as others here.
What he said.

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Christopher Williams

Travis posted this comment on Net54 about ANL:

Trav-ANL-3.jpg

And this, too:

Trav-ANL-1.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 05-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Find the articles Travis referred to. Are they signed?

Last edited by David Atkatz; 05-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Find the articles Travis referred to. Are they signed?
The last post quoted has Travis claiming authorship of an article on that website, also letting us know that he "won."

He has said here in this thread that he doesn't write for that site and doesn't know who does. I for one don't believe him.

Do you?