NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Default Charles Manson

Posted By: James Verrill

Take a look at some of this sellers cards. He/She has a bunch of them they have recently listed. All T206 white border cards. Every one of these cards is hammered (Or - I'm in Boston, so it's "hamm-id" around here). Many of them are hammered beyond belief. BUT, it is the WAY in which they are hammered that is most revealing. A pattern of traits emerges - psychological indicators or pre-cursors, if you will, that appear within the collection of cards he is offering. Many of them are trimmed. But, they are not JUST trimmed - it is the top 30% portion of the card that has been cut. And, the angle of cut is consistent with force and violence. Many of the cards have writing or ink marks on them. The marks are violent slashes. Several cards have newspaper images or clippings glued on to them. And the clippings are cut in a very abstract, very powerful, very angry way. And it is all somehow very methodical, almost religious. So, being the vintage baseball card / criminal profiler / agent-at-large-to-free-the-unfree-and "undecided" / sometimes writer / sometimes philosopher that I am, I figured I'd bring these important psychological traits to your attention. And, I wish to solicit your support of the theory that these cards belonged to Charles Manson or Bruno Kaupfmann, or some other highly-publicized psychopathic serial murderer - as a child. IT IS CONSISTENT with the FBI Criminal Investigation Unit profile guidelines which suggest most serial killers act out very brutal acts against animals, when they are children. It begins as early as age 8. It may start with a bird, and it may escalate to small animals and even domesticated pets. There are also handwriting analysis experts that are most certainly anxious to come forward, once they learn of our quest. And, that is why I think we should raise $5 million from the intelligent and wealthy folks on this board** and start a private foundation that does something really, really important. Like, finding an answer to the age-old mystery of why it is that men have nipples. What is the point? Were they ever "not obsolete"? Anyway, the first thing the foundation would do, is run a massive scientific study, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that this group of cards did in fact belong to Charles Manson, or another serial murderer, as a child. After that, we should have about $3.5 million left in our capital campaign fund, so we can go out for drinks and food and dancing and "dancin' goyles" and more drinks and more food and...

Oh, the link! Sorry. Were you listening that whooooolllleeee time? Wow. Sorry about that. I keep forgetting people can read my thoughts. It still throws me every time.

Anyway, that link, right..?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5128549149

Stranger things HAVE happened. After all - the Astros came from 14 games back in August, to making it into the post season in October!

Old 10-04-2004, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default Charles Manson

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Ummm ..... you came up with this line of "thinking" at 3:24 AM? Now this seems to fit the pattern.

Don't you think that the FBI is on to this? They will no doubt be watching everyone who bids on these auctions, very carefully. Maybe the seller is a part of this (what?).

And people can not read your thoughts, unless of course, you type them.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Default Charles Manson

Posted By: Julie

what I noticed is that ALL have the top border trimmed off, are otherwuse trimmed, and the bottom two corners have been rounded...and they are otherwise a mess, such as could be made by a small child with a sisors in the course of an afternoon.

But I only looked at 10...