NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Default Paypal - Family and Friends. Cannot Use Resolution Ctr

Having an issue with a "friend" transfer where I have not received cards or refund. When I went to use the resolution center it said that the option was not available when money was sent to "family or friends".

Just a heads up for those that did not know.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Dave

..........and that's why it's free. It's not designed for an exchange of goods, so there's no reason for Paypal to offer protection for it.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
..........and that's why it's free. It's not designed for an exchange of goods, so there's no reason for Paypal to offer protection for it.
It's not a complaint, just information as I'm sure of the thousands of people who read these posts that there is at least one other idiot amongst us. I do appreciate you being a smart ass though. I bet you would have made the same snarky comment to my face, right? Sellers here request the family and friends option and now after what is appearing to be a failed bst transaction will no longer be an option from me. They will have to receive funds the legitimate way which is payment for goods. There are many new members buying from bst so I felt this relevant info to share.

Sincerely,

Eric Sharp

Last edited by Tao_Moko; 04-18-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Signed
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

I'm sorry to hear that's happened to you Eric, if I were you I would definitely keep contacting that member to either send your card/s that you paid for or refund your money. Could be (and hopefully is) a simple miscommunication. Many of us do a lot of safe buying and selling on the forums and most have very few problems with members here who are very honest and easy to work with, but of course every BST section everywhere can have a problem from time to time.

I would surely give it a little bit more time (if you haven't already, not knowing the time frames) to make it right, as you don't know what might have happened to the seller. If ultimately you were truly taken and never given cards or refunded, I would definitely post that member's identity here so everybody can protect themselves from doing business with them.

Last edited by Shoele$$; 04-18-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Ad@m Be11

+1 Shoele$$.... How long has it been? Have they just ignored you completely? Any riffraff on B/S/T needs to be taken care of quickly. It could compromise the integrity of the entire forum.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

It is relevant info and I am sorry for the loss; if it is a BST person here please publish the details and name so we know who to look out for.

That said, it really should not be a surprise that a fee-free fund transfer does not contain the same protections as a purchase. We've had the discussion here multiple times about the propriety of using a gift or personal transfer to avoid paypal fees. Personally, I think it is inappropriate to do so. I throw in an extra 3% when people want paypal gift or friend stuff just to avoid the issue.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
It's not a complaint, just information as I'm sure of the thousands of people who read these posts that there is at least one other idiot amongst us. I do appreciate you being a smart ass though. I bet you would have made the same snarky comment to my face, right? Sellers here request the family and friends option and now after what is appearing to be a failed bst transaction will no longer be an option from me. They will have to receive funds the legitimate way which is payment for goods. There are many new members buying from bst so I felt this relevant info to share.

Not sure why you got defensive. It wasn't meant to be snarky, it was meant to state facts, and I certainly would have no problem saying the same to your face.

If it was rhetorical you should have stated so.