NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Let me get this straight

Jeff will take his ball and take it home if we don't stop picking on him? If we dont stop picking on him, he wont give us updates. I am sorry but, he brought this upon himself. He was the one who made claims against Brent and PSA and now if we behave, we will be allowed to read his posts? BLECH!!!! I am sure I will be ok without them as most of what will come out will be public record anyway.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Jason Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
Jeff will take his ball and take it home if we don't stop picking on him? If we dont stop picking on him, he wont give us updates. I am sorry but, he brought this upon himself. He was the one who made claims against Brent and PSA and now if we behave, we will be allowed to read his posts? BLECH!!!! I am sure I will be ok without them as most of what will come out will be public record anyway.

Agreed. I could care less if he comes on again and gives "inside " information on the case or anything for that matter. He chose his side on this one.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Agreed. I could care less if he comes on again and gives "inside " information on the case or anything for that matter. He chose his side on this one.
Anyone thinking he's going to give N54 insider info is.....well, just wrong. Laughable really. Anyone thinking that he's taken Brentsy's case out of the best interest of the hobby is...well, just wrong. Again, laughable. His interest lies in protecting PWCC...period.

Anyone think he took El Chapo's case because he cares about the drug crisis? Gotti's case because he's concerned about organized crime?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:27 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Anyone thinking he's going to give N54 insider info is.....well, just wrong. Laughable really. Anyone thinking that he's taken Brentsy's case out of the best interest of the hobby is...well, just wrong. Again, laughable. His interest lies in protecting PWCC...period.

Anyone think he took El Chapo's case because he cares about the drug crisis? Gotti's case because he's concerned about organized crime?
Maybe he's just bad at judging character? Even Leon got fooled by the Mastro guys.

Jeremy W@goner.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Maybe he's just bad at judging character? Even Leon got fooled by the Mastro guys.

Jeremy W@goner.
I think if you go back and look you will see I wasn't as much fooled as I took a wait and see approach. For the record, Mastro was never an advertiser on this forum. And lastly, if you go back and look, I can guarantee I never said either Mastro or Doug weren't guilty. I just wouldn't do that. It gets said so much it is believed but is far from the truth. Go spend some time and find it, you won't. Mostly it's little internet anonymous trolls that spread the lies and then folks like yourself believe them. It's ok, you aren't alone. I usually just let these kind of statements go but figure I might as well correct the incorrect record of some things. Now, that all said, of course both of those guys are charismatic. A lot of people committing fraud are. I should also say, at one time I admit I was friendly with Doug and Mastro but only in a few hobby scenarios.....and never knew they committed fraud until it came out they did. And in the end, except for restitution, got mostly what it seemed they deserved.

As far as Jeff defending Brent, while leading the charge against fraud in the hobby, I will let others discuss it.

Last edited by Leon; 07-24-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Jeremy W.

I never said anything about advertisements. You thought they were your friends, but they turned out to be criminals. That's all I inferred. Not your fault. Criminals are nice to people that they make a lot of money from.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
I never said anything about advertisements. You thought they were your friends, but they turned out to be criminals. That's all I inferred. Not your fault. Criminals are nice to people that they make a lot of money from.
Well, I agree with that. It was unfortunate and it is still sad it happened. But greed is what it is.