NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Default Kitty League stuff

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Who has stuff from the Kitty League?

Here's a 1947, Mayfield at Madisonville. 12 pages inside. It is not scored. There's a writeup about Frank Zubik, the manager of the Madisonville Miners. He played from 1934 to 1942, getting as high as AAA. Maybe the war cost him a brief time in the majors. Lots of ads, home and road schedules, 1946 final standings, league officials, and milage between cities are listed.

Somewhere I have a Mayfield schedule from the 50s, I'll try to find that.

Anyone have any photos, ticket stubs, or the like???

Frank.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Some more Kitty League stuff...

All of this is from the 50s.

A Hopkinsville Hoppers schedule.

A Mayfield Clothiers schedule.

And an unused bleacher ticket to the Owensboro Oilers.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Is there a specific team that is your favorite to collect Frank or do you go after all Kitty League stuff.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator

All...

But I'd prefer stuff from the Bowling Green Barons, Bowling Green is only 25 minutes up the road from me. They only had a team for about 3 1/2 years.

A close second would be Hopkinsville. One of my grandfathers lived just outside there. He got Dusty Rhodes to sign a photo for him. I think they met when Dusty was with Hopkinsville, which was about 1940, if memory is working today.

Dan, do you have some Kitty League stuff??? Does anyone here have anything???

Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Hi Frank, those are some neat items. I don't have any Kitty League material but can imagine they would be tough to come by. Dan and I collect different minor league material and can assure you it's not easy to come by. Even the 1950 memorabilia is scarce. I'll be on the lookout for you though. There's a neat season pass from the Kitty League in John Thorn's book, Treasures of the Baseball Hall of Fame, on page 120 if you want to look.

Clint

Old 12-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Frank, I don't have any Kitty League items, but like Clint said we are both minor league collectors and we share with you the difficulty of finding this kind of stuff - I still do not have a complete run of team photos and programs from the Lincoln Athletics/Chiefs (1947-61) and I live IN Lincoln. I place ads for the stuff and can't find it. I always appreciate seeing these kinds of items. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ErlandStevens

Here's the only item I have - a 1945 letter from the Fulton Bulldogs.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Franklin........

I collect Louisville Colonels stuff of course and find little of it except for some 1950's programs that most people overvalue. It's amazing how little of all that stuff has survived. I have a few things from the 1910's, just a little more from the 1920's and then from the late, late 1930's (Pee Wee Reese time) on I have quite a bit more like uniforms, rings, signed balls, etc. But early minor league stuff is REALLY hard to come by. I've searched antique malls, flea markets, etc in Louisville for 25 years and can't remember EVER seeing anything from any of the Kitty League teams............will let you know if that changes..............

Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Default kitty league stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post

Is there a specific team that is your favorite to collect Frank or do you go after all Kitty League stuff.

I do have lots of kitty league stuff . score cards from all teams from kitty league and bout 300 individual players score cards , news paper clipping, etc. allmontonya21@gmail.com
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post

All...

But I'd prefer stuff from the Bowling Green Barons, Bowling Green is only 25 minutes up the road from me. They only had a team for about 3 1/2 years.

A close second would be Hopkinsville. One of my grandfathers lived just outside there. He got Dusty Rhodes to sign a photo for him. I think they met when Dusty was with Hopkinsville, which was about 1940, if memory is working today.

Dan, do you have some Kitty League stuff??? Does anyone here have anything???

I have kitty league stuff from 1947 baseball. allmontonya21@gmail.com
Old 07-09-2014, 11:05 PM

I have kitty league stuff and lots of it.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:45 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya17 View Post
I have kitty league stuff and lots of it.
Congratulations.

If you would like to actually sell some rather than just announcing your good fortune, try posting an itemized list of what you have available, with prices for each, in the B/S/T Memorabilia section (not Auctions, and not here on the main board). You will get a warmer response that way.

Link to B/S/T Memorabilia Section:
http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 07-10-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Congratulations.

If you would like to actually sell some rather than just announcing your good fortune, try posting an itemized list of what you have available, with prices for each, in the B/S/T Memorabilia section (not Auctions, and not here on the main board). You will get a warmer response that way.

Link to B/S/T Memorabilia Section:
http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
And her conduct has earned her an infraction. If I had to guess this will be a member with one of the shortest tenures on our board. Her registering on the forum went about as well as her posting.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Skip

Default Jim Turner's Paris Parisians Jersey

I have this jersey, auctioned by the Jim Turner estate and attributed to Turner's 1923 season with Paris. There were actually two that were auctioned, the other may be seen at the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paris Jersey.jpg (44.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 07-12-2014, 04:01 PM

Default Kitty League Trophy

Here is a 1953 Paducah Chiefs Kitty League Championship Trophy. Also a 1953 Golden Anniversary arm patch. I live right in the middle of all the old Kitty League teams and their stuff is very difficult to find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4107.jpg (73.9 KB, 115 views)
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM

I do have a few score sheets from the bowling green kitty league...
Old 07-15-2014, 08:48 PM

I've got a Kitty League ball from around 1950.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 Kitty League a.jpg (48.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 1949 Kitty League b.jpg (42.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Skip

Default 1924 Kitty League photos, Paris

This is an album page from Jim Turner's estate, with captions identifying the Paris players...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jim Turner Photo 5a.jpg (52.4 KB, 48 views)