NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Default Pre-War Autographs - Post 'em If Ya Got 'em

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old 09-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Nice Heinie!

DJ

Old 09-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingbaseballgolf33

picked this up this summer - will send to PSA in the fall - Hank Greenburg on 1941 Play Ball

Jimmy

Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Atkatz

Got this one in 1966... Given to me by "Mimmie's" sister:

One of my favorites (for obvious reasons):

I'm sure I posted this 1927 Yankees ball before, but I never tire of seeing it:

And how about a Yankee rogue... Hal Chase:

Old 09-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brock

Nice lou Gehrig signed photo. Thats the only thing i really want in my life is something autographed by Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth. Maybe one day i will get one but intill then i will only have to dream.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I don't know if the collector is a member of this board, but one of my favorite autograph collecting stories is from a guy who got a program signed at Yankee stadium at fan day or whatever. He was just a little kid at the time and didn't know who was who and what was what, so his program ended having the autographs of Mantle, Whitey Ford and other Yankees, along with the stadium ground crew and security. He asked everyone to sign the program.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn Chambers

Wow, love that Hal Chase letter. I've never seen one of his auto's for sale. Anyone know how often one of his signatures crops up??

Beautiful Gehrig sig, too. Probably my dream autograph as well.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George Dreher

His autographs are so rare, they very seldom come up for auction. When they do, expect them to go for around $2000 on a piece of paper or card. Mr. Atkatz appears to have a collection that many people only dream about. His Hal Chase handwritten letter might go for $5000 in the right venue?
I've been corresponding with a seller on eBay who is selling Harold Shigley's collection (his grandson). He mentioned having a Hal Chase autograph that the grandfather got in-person after Chase was banned from baseball. So you might try contacting him if you're in the market because he said everything is going to be sold on eBay one item at a time and that it might take years at the rate they are being offered.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Atkatz

has taken many, many, years to assemble. Luckily for me, material was much cheaper in "the old days." Some items, like that Gehrig signed photo, were given to me gratis.
I couldn't possibly afford to duplicate it today, prices being what they are.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys Yeakley

George is a touch high on his estimates of Hal Chase signatures. A cut signature is somewhere between $$300-500 on an envelope cut (pop up from time to time) and $1000-$1200 for a nice 3X5 signature. Maybe a touch higher for an earlier signature before age took its toll on how he signed. The letter posted shouldn't be too hard to price as it was auctioned about a year ago in a Mike Guttierez auction with other Hal Chase signed items. I am not sure of how much the items went for but I was one of the underbidders at about $1000 for a few items. If I had to value the letter right now I would say $1500 is a fair market estimate.

Rhys Yeakley

Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

Here are a few of mine:

The Peach:

The Father:

The Babe:

The Big Train (best $75 pickup for me):

Rob L

Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris D

Hi everyone new to this board. Here is my favorite autograph in my Hof autograph collection. I am currently at 115 different baseball Hofers and my goal is to be at 135 by the end of the year. I have collected for many years but this is the item that focused my collection on Hof Autographs. My grandparents knowing that I am a big collecter called me up and told me they had found something of my great grandfathers (who I had never met) that they wanted to give me. The love of baseball must have skipped a couple generations. This is what they gave me a signed program from a Hot Stove dinner that my great grandfather attended in Niagra Falls Ny. It was perfectly saved for almost 70 years before I got it. Its is signed by Hofer Rabbitt Maranville, George Selkirk, Specs Torporcer and Rip Collins.

[IMG][/IMG]