NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 01-18-2014, 04:21 PM
David Linardy

Default Great Surprise from my Wife

So,

I am sure some of you have the same conundrum that I do... I have a wife that doesnt have a clue as to what I like when it comes to my collecting pursuits... That said, I typically buy all my own stuff...

On another note (and this will seem like a tangent for a moment)... I have a difficult time parting with things such as clothes that don't fit, haven't been worn or even have holes in em... A couple weeks ago she made me go through my closet and fill a bag for the local goodwill store...

While going through it she came across this "Tommy Sport" Tommy Hilfiger jacket that my brother's ex girlfriend gave me for xmas many years ago (Circa 2004)... I refused to part with it despite the large outdated "Tommy Sport" Label and the fact that I haven't worn it during this decade... She reluctantly reattached it to its hanger & put it back in the closet...

And I thought that was that, Until I came home this afternoon from a morning of errands etc... She picked up one of those centennial patches, and sewed it over the Tommy sport logo... I was psyched & very appreciative... I may still look like a goofball wearing it (Wore it to the gym today), But I like it & am forever appreciative of her efforts...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 118_Jacket_1.jpg (33.5 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 1218_Jacket_1.jpg (32.5 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by daves_resale_shop; 01-18-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:09 PM
FredYoung

My wife would do something like that! I have the same closet problem you do--some stuff in there brand new-never worn, but I won't part w/ it!

She also sews, so I should give her some ideas!