NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Paulanthony

Default KUDOS To Capo Auction

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/ I recently noticed an Auction with many sports signed memorabilia with Certificates of Authenticity. Morales, Legends, Coach's Corner LLC. I emailed the Auction and told them many of the items they are auctioning have questionable certificates and are suspected forgeries and are currently banned on ebay and have been investigated by the FBI. I explained the consignor more then likely knows this and is using the auction to recover his losses. The owner of the Auction replied . Thank you. That information was very helpful and we wanted to know if we could trouble you for additional information. Many of the items have certificates of authenticity from Autographed Legends LLC, which we do not see on this list or other banned lists that we found online. Do you have any information on this entity? Once again, thank you for your assistance. I was more than happy to provide the information. (Auction response to information provided.) Thank you for your assistance. We will be pulling the items shortly. Based on your information, we reached a similar conclusion that the consignor was likely looking for a new distributor for these items. KUDOS to Capo auction. I thanked them for taking the time to address the matter. The adherence to a strict moral or ethical code as an Auction House is very much appreciated. Capo Auction should be noted in high regards.
Paul
In the future, while we infrequently offer sports memorabilia, if you see any questionable items, please feel to email me directly at nathan@capoauction.com.
Best regards,
Nathan
Nathaniel B. Buchek, J.D., M.A.
Vice President
Capo Auction
36-01 Queens Boulevard
Long Island City, N.Y. 11101
(718) 433-3710
nathan@capoauction.com
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulanthony View Post
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/ I recently noticed an Auction with many sports signed memorabilia with Certificates of Authenticity. Morales, Legends, Coach's Corner LLC. I emailed the Auction and told them many of the items they are auctioning have questionable certificates and are suspected forgeries and are currently banned on ebay and have been investigated by the FBI. I explained the consignor more then likely knows this and is using the auction to recover his losses. The owner of the Auction replied . Thank you. That information was very helpful and we wanted to know if we could trouble you for additional information. Many of the items have certificates of authenticity from Autographed Legends LLC, which we do not see on this list or other banned lists that we found online. Do you have any information on this entity? Once again, thank you for your assistance. I was more than happy to provide the information. (Auction response to information provided.) Thank you for your assistance. We will be pulling the items shortly. Based on your information, we reached a similar conclusion that the consignor was likely looking for a new distributor for these items. KUDOS to Capo auction. I thanked them for taking the time to address the matter. The adherence to a strict moral or ethical code as an Auction House is very much appreciated. Capo Auction should be noted in high regards.
Paul
In the future, while we infrequently offer sports memorabilia, if you see any questionable items, please feel to email me directly at nathan@capoauction.com.
Best regards,
Nathan
Vice President
Capo Auction
36-01 Queens Boulevard
(718) 433-3710
nathan@capoauction.com
Good work Paul and kudos to Capo Auction.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Just the opposite happened here... R&R Auction house in town - I told them ALL the memoraiblia they had (at the time) were likely fakes (same BS certs), as well as many of the cards they had up... Spent an hour typing an e-mail giving him proof links and all that stuff... Needless to say he still sold them all. I would avoid this place like the plague.

Even in his newest auction he lists fake after fake.

Email: Lreid2@q.com
Web: www.randrauction.com
5234 West Missouri Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301
(623) 939-7355

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-21-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Banned

randrauction i have to keep that one on my list of places to watch out for.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Just the opposite happened here... R&R Auction house in town - I told them ALL the memoraiblia they had (at the time) were likely fakes (same BS certs), as well as many of the cards they had up... Spent an hour typing an e-mail giving him proof links and all that stuff... Needless to say he still sold them all. I would avoid this place like the plague.

Even in his newest auction he lists fake after fake.

Email: Lreid2@q.com
Web: www.randrauction.com
5234 West Missouri Avenue Glendale, AZ 85301
(623) 939-7355

I have always heard of R and R as being a very good auction house..and they have been around a long time. How do you know for sure you were right and they weren't? Not accusing, just questioning.

Last edited by Leon; 10-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Different house, Leon. You're thinking of RR Auction, in New Hampshire.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have always heard of R and R as being a very good auction house..and they have been around a long time. How do you know for sure you were right and they weren't? Not accusing, just questioning.
Leon, I believe you are referring to:

http://www.rrauction.com/

I am referring to:

https://randrauction.com/

The sad part is that there is a coin shop in town that goes by "R and R", and they are by far the best in town - can't say that about this auction house.

I hope this clarifies,

Sean
Old 10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Leon, I believe you are referring to:

http://www.rrauction.com/

I am referring to:

https://randrauction.com/

The sad part is that there is a coin shop in town that goes by "R and R", and they are by far the best in town - can't say that about this auction house.

I hope this clarifies,

Sean

Yeap, I thought you meant the other one. Sorry about that. happy collecting..
Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yeap, I thought you meant the other one. Sorry about that. happy collecting..
No problem, no need to apologize and thanks for your time the other day.

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 AM
James Wymer

That is great to hear about Capo. I hope they really do well in the future and I wish more auctions would take that same stance. It is certainly your responsibility to monitor what you sell.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 11-15-2016, 03:20 PM

Default thanks for making us aware

Thank you, all, for making us aware of potential problems regarding Autographed Legends - I just turned down a potential consignment from them because of your concerns with the legitimacy of their items. We never want to sell anything that isn't right.

Best regards,
Bonnie Stanford
Wilton Gallery
wiltonauctions.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulanthony View Post
Paul
Best regards,
Nathan
Vice President
Capo Auction
36-01 Queens Boulevard
(718) 433-3710
nathan@capoauction.com
Old 11-16-2016, 07:01 AM
Richard Simon

Kudos to you guys at Wilton.
The slime have tentacles that reach all over the country. They know they cannot sell their horrid garbage in major hobby auctions so they reach out to smaller places.
This was a tactic of the Florida forgery ring for quite some time.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-16-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Autographed Legends, LLC....COA

Here is that "Florida" COA.........

COA-Legends.jpg
Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Richard Simon

What is a "court recognized exemplar file"?
Sounds like some wet dream of a crooked authenticator.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-16-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Christopher Williams

More "Florida" COAs:

Podsada-New-COA.jpg

bbos-3.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 11-16-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

How does one guarantee an opinion?
Drew
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Steve Zarelli

They keep changing the name of the company, but use the same boilerplate text on the worthless #CrookedCOA.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Default The original "Florida" COA?

The original "Florida" COA?

The one that started "it" all?

Poor Nicholas Burczyk. Never examined a sports autograph in his life.

at-burczyk-4.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 11-16-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:43 AM
Scott

Mystograph? lol. whoever signed the purported signature is NOT the athlete, but a mystery.

what a joke
Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
The original "Florida" COA?

The one that started "it" all?

Poor Nicholas Burczyk. Never examined a sports autograph in his life.

Attachment 251369
Hey Tony,,, look at all your stuff here now!!
Myst O Graph,, so aptly named.
And like my buddy Chris says,,, poor Nicholas Burczyk,, probably rolling over in his grave.
So much money was stolen using those certs.
And most egregious of all,, they sold the bogus crap on a website only accessible to active military and veterans. They stole from them with no conscience at all troubling their actions.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-19-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:51 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Here is another one I just came across. No FLorida address, but Fla Phone number and exact wording.

It came from this auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-DiMaggio...p2047675.l2557
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (74.0 KB, 61 views)

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 11-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay Seller Sportspic4u Mantle Maris Forgeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Here is another one I just came across. No FLorida address, but Fla Phone number and exact wording.

That is "Florida's" latest COA.

From what I can observe, "Florida" has replaced GFA with "his" new Showtime Memorabilia COA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roger-Maris-...4AAOSwmtJXZIr7

sportspic-1.jpg

sportspic-2.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 11-19-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Richard Simon

How much lipstick can they put on the same damn pigs?
How come the feebiis did not put these guys away a long time ago?
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-19-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post

The seller of those Joe DiMaggio/Ted Williams forgeries (that sold for a whopping $33.50) is Ebay seller Jessmk12; an Ebay seller of forgeries for years.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
That is "Florida's" latest COA.

From what I can observe, "Florida" has replaced GFA with "his" new Showtime Memorabilia
It's #CrookedCOA whack-a-mole
Old 11-19-2016, 05:33 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
It's #CrookedCOA whack-a-mole
Exactly.

From Nicholas Burczyk to Myst-O-Graph to Autographed Legends to Showtime Memorabilia and approximately a dozen other COAs in between.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Exactly.

From Nicholas Burczyk to Myst-O-Graph to Autographed Legends to Showtime Memorabilia and approximately a dozen other COAs in between.
what a great Thanksgiving belly laugh everyone. When I saw this again I spit up my drink...That Tony, what a kidder.

Supreme Court Delivers Blow
To Autograph Authentication!

High Court ruling sides with Forensic Document Examiners as Experts rather than practical experience.

(March 23, 1999: Gumbo Tire Co. v. Carmichael) The U.S. Supreme Court by an 8-1 ruling told federal trial judges to screen out dubious testimony by self-proclaimed experts when opinions are not based in science. The ruling extends to all manners of individuals such as engineers, psychologists, accountants or handwriting analysts. Before they are permitted to testify to juries, stated examiners must show that their opinions are based on "scientific principals,"
and not just a hunch based on self-described practical experience.
The high court has shown a skepticism toward hired self-proclaimed experts. Six years ago, the Supreme Court said that lower courts should act as "gatekeepers" and to carefully examine testimony by these applicants. Judges should look beyond advertised qualifications and examine the basis of their conclusions on facts.

What does this mean to the industry?
The decision delivers a major blow to the autograph industry. For years, dealers have served as their own authenticators relying on their stated experience to render an autograph authentic or not. Their reputation and experience have been readily accepted by collectors, auction houses and other dealers. Unfortunately, their opinions are not based on "scientific methods" and can be very subjective. They do not have a laboratory and have not apprenticed under anyone trained. Many fabricate their credentials and are clearly not Court Qualified and/or Board Certified. Their opinions are based solely on their self proclaimed experience.

What does this mean to the collector?
Simple, if a dealer-authenticated autograph is disputed and taken to court it will not hold up unless the dealer used scientific forensic techniques. Without credentials and facts the dealer will not be allowed to testify because they are not considered experts by the court. You, the collector, will be left hanging. The federal courts will rely on established Court Qualified & Board Certified Forensic Document Examiners as their experts

all my fakes are good and all your real are fake, Love Tony.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 11-23-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Chuck, the scammers who sell that GFA-certed and Showtime Memorabilia garbage, have been inserting that crap into their Ebay auction descriptions.

Laughable at best.