NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-22-2014, 09:18 PM

Default 1930's Baseball Who's Who Album /w 20+ Signatures!! +Walter Johnson Auto!

I forgot to add pictures of George Willis Hudlin, Joe vosmick on an old picture print, newspaper cutout of an article titled "meet you four new cleveland indians" "Ab Wright, Roy Hughes, Bruce Campbell, and Boze Berger" it has photos of all four, and a couple of others I just can't find them in the book at the moment.

How much money would you ask for this collection of signatures + the book?

The book is worth no less than $150

Also the signatures on the end papers, I can't read some of them or they are not on google.

I know one is Hal Metzger and another is Tom Manning.

This book is strait from the house of the man the book is addressed to, it was a gift from his mother.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:18 PM

Old 06-22-2014, 09:29 PM

screen capture tool

screen capture tool

Last edited by bullgill; 06-23-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:49 AM

That is the Cleanest and Boldest Walter Johnson autograph I have seen.

Please contact me as I offer you $6,500.00 for the Book with all the autograhs.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Boy, the Mack Daddy must have deep pockets. This doesn't smell does it?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy777 View Post

Lol
Old 12-07-2014, 08:11 AM

C'mon!!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:

I would want to witness this doozy.
A shill on Net54, imagine that.
LEON, LEON, LEON.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
That is the Cleanest and Boldest Walter Johnson autograph I have seen. YOU HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND MUCH, HAVE YOU??

Please contact me as I offer you $6,500.00 for the Book with all the autograhs. I GOT A DEED FOR THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE, CARE TO MAKE AN OFFER?
Where do these jerk offs come from?
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Where do these jerk offs come from?
Richard,
I think they are born on the autograph side of the forum and then migrate back to the memorabilia side!!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 12-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I would want to witness this doozy.
A shill on Net54, imagine that.
LEON, LEON, LEON.
You should PM me if you ever want a quick response to something. As for this thread and post, what do you want me to do? If those 2 guys contact each other and make a deal, it's not my business. If they are the same person it should be a pretty quick deal too.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Richard Simon

Leon,
they are either the same person or close friends.
Nobody in the world would believe that a $6500 offer for that book is a real offer, most especially a $6500 offer from someone with no other posts.
I thought such open shilling would be considered a violation , that is why I addressed you.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-07-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Adam B

Quote:

I'm sorry did I miss the Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig autographs in the book?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon,
they are either the same person or close friends.
Nobody in the world would believe that a $6500 offer for that book is a real offer, most especially a $6500 offer from someone with no other posts.
I thought such open shilling would be considered a violation , that is why I addressed you.
Richard, you know I follow up on just about everything that is sniffed out. This will be no different.. Being a weekend it just takes a bit more time. But a first post is like a first ebay feedback, they have to happen, and not all of them are bogus (though a large amount are). Of course shilling wouldn't be permitted on the board but I don't have definitive proof of that and am slow to rush to judgement. That being said this is being moved to the autograph forum as that is what it is. PM me if you see (fraud?)crap on the board, please. I don't think it's too prevalent but we get tested sometimes.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:40 AM

Default Collector of History vs Horse Traders

I am a buyer for a Museum, this is a Great piece, unlike all the Horse Traders who posted and need to start a collection of Pennies or better yet Rocks....
Old 12-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
I am a buyer for a Museum, this is a Great piece, unlike all the Horse Traders who posted and need to start a collection of Pennies or better yet Rocks....
Mack, if you read the rules when you joined, when you post in a thread like this, you need your whole name in it somewhere, unless your real name happens to be Mackdaddy
Old 12-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Pardon me while I stop .
E mail me a copy of your museum credentials and I will offer you some fantastic stuff from my personal collection, I promise.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-07-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:55 PM
David Linardy

Default Who's who guide

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Walter Johnson page from this book was recently sold at auction...

Pretty sure runscott posted photos in the auto forum looking for opinions...

That said, I think it would rule out shilling....

And on another note: if I owned it, I would happily accept 6500 for the book!
Old 12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Walter Johnson page from this book was recently sold at auction...

Pretty sure runscott posted photos in the auto forum looking for opinions...

That said, I think it would rule out shilling....

And on another note: if I owned it, I would happily accept 6500 for the book!
If I owned it I would happily accept a LOT LESS then that.
Like an earlier comment said "where are the Ruth and Gehrig?"
--
Old 12-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I think Big Daddy er,, Mackdaddy just insulted this entire board.
--
Old 12-07-2014, 02:26 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Mr. Daddy
I do not want to ruffle feathers but you say you are buyer for a museum, is there a name to it or a theme for it? It seems to me that the term museum is a bit arbitrary--somewhat akin to those of us that have a crucifix or menorah in our homes calling ourselves a church or temple. I could not conceive of making an offer of this amount for this item or any item without more info and scrutiny about it. I have been collecting for 45 years and have never made that large of a purchase without due diligence, of course if you are a buyer for a museum you may not be using your hard earned money but those of your backers or customers or maybe even corporate or government grants to purchase items or even this item...good luck I envy you if that is the case and I think of all I could do with others money!
I also think you will find most , if not all of the members here have museum quality items in our collections, but we call them collections not museums .
So forgive me if I have been impolite questioning you and your museum statement among other statements you posted but you see skepticism comes with the hobby.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Richard Simon

All I can say to bullgill (OP) is don't spend that money yet.
--
Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Mr. Daddy
I do not want to ruffle feathers but you say you are buyer for a museum, is there a name to it or a theme for it? It seems to me that the term museum is a bit arbitrary--somewhat akin to those of us that have a crucifix or menorah in our homes calling ourselves a church or temple. I could not conceive of making an offer of this amount for this item or any item without more info and scrutiny about it. I have been collecting for 45 years and have never made that large of a purchase without due diligence, of course if you are a buyer for a museum you may not be using your hard earned money but those of your backers or customers or maybe even corporate or government grants to purchase items or even this item...good luck I envy you if that is the case and I think of all I could do with others money!
I also think you will find most , if not all of the members here have museum quality items in our collections, but we call them collections not museums .
So forgive me if I have been impolite questioning you and your museum statement among other statements you posted but you see skepticism comes with the hobby.
+1 Excelient post Dr. K!
Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Brock

Richard,
The original Poster made this thread back in June and this book has since been sold at auction and ebay.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Richard Simon

Round and round it goes and who knows what the hell is going on.
It seems every day there is some new idiocy going on in this hobby.
Gets very discouraging,,,
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-07-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Default Ebay

Quote:
Round and round it goes and who knows what the hell is going on.
It seems every day there is some new idiocy going on in this hobby.
Gets very discouraging,,,
Unfortunately Ebay makes it very easy for the jerks to operate and scam people. There are so many forgeries on EBAY it is mindblowing. A friend who is a Larry Bowa fan showed me a horrible fake Bowa he bought for $5 on EBAY. Imagine if people will stoop that low to forge Bowa, an easy autograph just how prolific it is. There was that UsCaine guy who had private signings with Don Wilson, Bob Moose, Mike Miley, Herman Hill among others. He sold probably about $10,000 before he was suspended. He will just resurface under a different name. Think about how much the autograph market has been held
by the sale of Bob Moose signed cards for $20 to $40. Its a joke how ebay does nothing.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Chris L.

Default Walter Johnson

Hey man, nice Walter Johnson signature! I happen to have a pretty nice one too. It was signed during his 1932 season as manager of the Washington Senators.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Chris L.

Default Walter Johnson

Hey man, nice Walter Johnson signature! I happen to have a pretty nice one as well. It's was signed during his 1932 season as Senators manager.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.5 KB, 168 views)
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Richard,
The original Poster made this thread back in June and this book has since been sold at auction and ebay.
So much bull and so little time. Please tell me what auction house sold this item and how much and who authenticated this wonderful item.As far as ebay is concerned who cares.

Last edited by shelly; 12-07-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Chris L.

Default Walter Johnson

It's just a page from a old autograph book of mine. By the way, I can't seem to figure out who the last signature is from, the one that looks like the first name might be Leonard. If anyone recognizes who it is, I'd love to know! - Thanks
Old 12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I'm sure there's at least one member who collects pennies. Really old ones, but yeah, pennies. And I'd bet we have at least one who collects rocks.

I've collected both at times, but haven't done much for years so I didn't count myself.

Oddly, I've never traded a horse.........

Steve B
Old 12-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
So much bull and so little time. Please tell me what auction house sold this item and how much and who authenticated this wonderful item.As far as ebay is concerned who cares.

I'm pretty sure the book was taken apart and pages were sold by RR Auctions like a month or two ago.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Richard Simon

http://www.rrauction.com/past_auctio...cfm?ID=3332975

RR sold the entire book in one lot
--
Old 12-08-2014, 09:25 AM
$teve O.

Quote:
Did they sell any rocks?
Old 12-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39special View Post
Did they sell any rocks?
No rocks but a few pennies scattered throughout. I think they were consigned by a Museum
--
Old 12-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Look what is sold for. If that does not get you attention nothing will
Old 12-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Belltown Vintage

That RR price looks pretty low if the Johnson signature is good. When I posted the pics from the RR auction a while back, I believe the consensus was that it was good.

As far as the history of this book goes, it looks like bullgill made a legitimate attempt to sell it here, but his pics were not great, nor was his salesmanship...and he was ignored. It then ended up consigned to RR, either through him or someone he sold it to. It sold for less than bullgill originally asked, and so now mackdaddy is trying to drum up $6,500 worth of interest. Seems to me like the poor salesmanship continues.

No one has ever parted this particular example out, but I remember a different Who's Who with signed pages sold at auction a year or so ago, and the winner dismembered it and sold some of the pages here on Net54. Different book, different seller.