NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
As an outsider, and hindsight being 20/20, I really don't understand why Brent didn't just kill the auction when he saw how much was being made of the grade, etc. Why chance having to eat that kind of money if things go bad, like they did. Especially if you compare your commission to the amount you may have to refund, it seems like a no-brainer. Brent should know that nothing ever gets by this board, there are way too many knowledgeable people on here. Also, I don't get why PWCC would post a couple of comments and in the second one state that this is the last time you're going to address this issue. It seems like a really big issue with potential fraud, and if you are just an innocent auction house, why not answer as many questions and be as transparent as you possibly can? Again, I'm new to this issue and these are just my 2 cents.

Joe K
That's not the PWCC way. Read the old posts I linked above. And it works, because ultimately "stuff" trumps transparency.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-28-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Jeff Lar.son

One of the things that may be overlooked here is that it appears that PSA is stating (without actually stating) that before and after photos are in fact enough to deem a card "Evidence of cleaning", regardless of a lack of chemical smell or other indicators.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Jake,
I hate to tell ya, you are NOT the judge and jury of this hobby!
No one really gives a rats ass about what you think.
It's just annoying as hell to constantly read your whining, especially about subjects that are none of your business.

I understand you are a semi struggling lawyer, do you really think practicing "debate" on message boards is gonna help your career?
It's not!

It just makes you look like a jack ass.
I added Jake to my ignore list about six months ago. Best decision I've ever made.

Tu.rner Eng.le

Last edited by asoriano; 04-28-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I know you said this was the last post on the thread, but there are still real questions to be asked/answered. Here is mine: will the card now be returned to PSA under their insurance policy and bought back down to the original price/grade range and then either cracked or reholdered?
If true, I wonder if they could then ship it back to SGC, so SGC could put it back into the "4" holder it apparently belongs in?

Nah, SGC cannot seem to provide a proper grade for their cards...

Old 04-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
If true, I wonder if they could then ship it back to SGC, so SGC could put it back into the "4" holder it apparently belongs in?

Nah, SGC cannot seem to provide a proper grade for their cards...

It belonged in that holder before it was altered. Not so sure now.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyredlegs View Post
i truly believe pwcc would not have done anything if courtney had not come on here. So, i won't give pwcc the "easy pass"
totally agree!!!
Old 04-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Man, we have a very noteworthy event, a 50K card that PSA supposedly specifically blessed during a live auction after serious questions were raised about it being altered, the card now suddenly gets yanked from the registry, all sorts of questions remain about the supposed explanation from PWCC and the lack of other relevant information, and the thread degenerates into a name-calling and pissing contest.
Are you new here?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:43 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
One of the things that may be overlooked here is that it appears that PSA is stating (without actually stating) that before and after photos are in fact enough to deem a card "Evidence of cleaning", regardless of a lack of chemical smell or other indicators.
++This is true. The 2nd item overlooked is the fact this crap happens every day at the AH's and nobody seems to give a hoot.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Steven

Technically the card is now altered and belongs in an authentic slab.

I would assume PSA detected nothing...why would they slab it a 7 if they had?

What a shit storm...and what are the odds that this is the tip of the iceberg?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:00 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoriano View Post
I added Jake to my ignore list about six months ago. Best decision I've ever made.

Tu.rner Eng.le
Yes lets endorse John.....John did say this about the Dimaggio card that he was the consignor while it was still being bid on with PWCC in that famous thread people are referencing..

"Whoever cleaned it up did the hobby a huge favor. Great card either way"

Is there anyone on net54 that agrees with that statement? I will assume nobody does unless someone posts otherwise.

Correct me if I am wrong and he did not say this in that thread. Yes hes doing the card community a favor so lets support him... Yes later on he did disclose he was the owner of the card so he may of had a bias. So its a situation where Bias is involved and its not Len I am talking about.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Dan Bretta

I wonder how much trouble Doug Allen had getting cards past PSA that he had worked on? I wonder if PSA looks past their "big" customers? I honestly don't believe that any of what is going on is on the up and up. The HUGE dollar amounts between a 7 to 8 to 9 to GEM MINT have got to be very tempting. When the number a grader slaps on a slab pushes a card up tens of thousands of dollars when the difference between a 9 and 10 is difficult for anyone to see...I don't see how there isn't fraud happening unless every grader is Mother Theresa.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:11 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I wonder how much trouble Doug Allen had getting cards past PSA that he had worked on? I wonder if PSA looks past their "big" customers? I honestly don't believe that any of what is going on is on the up and up. The HUGE dollar amounts between a 7 to 8 to 9 to GEM MINT have got to be very tempting. When the number a grader slaps on a slab pushes a card up tens of thousands of dollars when the difference between a 9 and 10 is difficult for anyone to see...I don't see how there isn't fraud happening unless every grader is Mother Theresa.
Well whoever is making the cards better is doing the hobby a favor some would argue, at least the submitter would argue and anyone who buys the card trying to sell it at a profit

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
All submitters are equal, but some are probably more equal than others.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:50 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
And I think it's good it came off the pop report (if it did) and it's not in that holder any longer.
Where did you read/hear this? It is not in Brent's post. That's why I asked the question as to what the end state of the card would be.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Richard L.

Well, the SMR on this card in PSA 1 is 950 (authentics not listed). I would be willing to help the hobby and buy this infamous card at "their" valuation
Old 04-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I assumed (yikes) this from what I read, I don't know if it is there or not, personally. I thought I read it got cracked out of the holder (and therefore wouldn't be there) but am not wading to find out. Again, if it is still in the 7 holder and on the report, so be it. I don't really care that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Where did you read/hear this? It is not in Brent's post. That's why I asked the question as to what the end state of the card would be.

Last edited by Leon; 04-28-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:22 PM

Default Unequal Submission----

Quote:
All submitters are equal, but some are probably more equal than others.

..I have never had much contact with any of the brass at PSA.... except for a couples rounds of golf at Pebble Beach with Joe O. ( Oh ,and yeah --there was that crazy weekend at Catalina....)

Old 04-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Brent did say it had been removed from the registry.
"PSA decided to remove the card from the registry due to concerns raised by the hobby about the restoration."

Old 04-28-2017, 04:37 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I was questioning the cracking out of the card. It sounds like the buyer hasn't sent it back yet.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:43 PM
James
James Kin.chen

I wonder how many soaked cards have been sold by members here without full disclosure.
James
Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyredlegs View Post
It seems to me PWCC only did "the right thing" after Courtney blew the lid off of this issue. I truly believe PWCC would not have done ANYTHING if Courtney had not come on here.

Mark
I liken it to theft. Someone gets caught stealing something, they return the item, they apologize. Because the item went back to the owner, doesn't mean that a crime or misdemeanor wasn't committed and that there isn't consequences to the actions. The police could still get called, and that person could still be charged.

Regardless of the fact that they ate the commissions, price of the card, the card was pulled from the registry, all does not change the fact that the act actually occurred, and that there should be and could be consequences to that.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I wonder how many soaked cards have been sold by members here without full disclosure.
James
Full disclosure? Lol. How abiut ANY disclosure?
Old 04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodunit View Post
Full disclosure? Lol. How abiut ANY disclosure?
James is trying to suggest Brent did nothing different than what people here do. I very much doubt anyone here has had a card chemically treated (a virtual certainty see other thread) and obtained a three grade bump making the card worth 50k plus and then said nothing about it. So no it's not at all the same as soaking a card out of a scrapbook or soaking it in water to remove glue or paper. But carry on with the defense, please.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-28-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoriano View Post
ignore list

Tu.rner Eng.le
I learn something new every day. That will really shorten certain threads.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-28-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
That is the funniest I've seen in a while!!

Spring 2015: Sold in REA as an SGC 50 for $6600 to Brent (according to Betsy from PWCC "for an unnamed client" - a request to confirm the unnamed client has no ownership interest in PWCC has not been responded to)

Question - Has anyone on here had any dialogue with Brent about purchasing cards for them from other AH's? Is this a service he offers or something he has done for anyone?

August 2015: Sold privately by Brent to Courtney as a PSA 7 for $75k (Betsy from PWCC states that this was on behalf of another client (it has not been clarified how the card made it from alleged client 1 to alleged client 2), Courtney the buyer states that Brent represented the card was owned by him personally). It was between the Robert Edward purchase and the Courtney purchase that the card was altered and jumped from an SGC 50 to a PSA 7.

Speculation - Brent had the card altered and submitted to PSA (the submission is fact) and at this point Brent is +$68,400 (less shipping, alteration and grading fees)

Oct 2016: Consigned by Courtney to Goldin and won by John Perez for $46,800

Courtney -$28,200
Brent - +$68,400

Feb 2017: Consigned by John to Brent and sold to unknown buyer for $52,300 (after which according to Betsy from PWCC - buyer returns card to PWCC who is "taking the loss" on the card)

Courtney -$28,200
Brent +$16,100 ($68,400 - $52,300)
John +1,300.

Speculation:

The "loss" on the last sale still leaves Brent +$16,100 from the original sale to Courtney. The card conveniently for PWCC - "disappears". If PWCC is truly innocent, it only makes sense that they go to PSA looking for reimbursement of the sale price - as PSA missed the alteration and $52,300 is A LOT of money........unless PSA would be able to come back and prove that in fact PWCC did or contracted for the alteration - giving them a solid argument not to pay. By not pursuing it, PWCC conveniently avoids this potentially more visible and costly public relations nightmare. I think PWCC has created a story about the "unnamed clients", believing it allows them "plausible deniability". PWCC tries to spin it that they are "doing the right thing" by taking the card back and refunding it's latest purchaser, when it actually conveniently leaves the card in their hands, Brent +$16,100 and Courtney out $28,200 (leaving him starting this thread and understandably upset).

Would be really curious to hear PSA weigh in on the conversation. Unfortunately, I presume PWCC is one of their best customers and they have a vested interest in finding a way to cover their own ass while protecting PWCC.

This situation raises a number of questions:

1) Is it illegal to alter a card, make no representation about it and let a grading company grade do the talking? What if it is ungraded? Some have suggested "removing what is not supposed to be there is okay" - curious to hear opinions - where is the line? soaking to get rid of paper or scrap book residue? removing tape? removing stains? removing creases? whitening? trimming? Coloring? replacing missing pieces? Does it make a difference if the card is $50 or $50,000?

2) I like the idea of doing something similar to what CGC does - a separate color label with details of alteration (these comic books sell for less than unaltered books in the same grade) - Clearly the grading companies have a harder time detecting alteration? - or just choose to ignore it?

2) If PSA's policy is it will not grade cards it determines are altered, then like many have raised, why is the Gretzky Wagner still in the PSA population?

Last edited by hcv123; 04-29-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I do what I can.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post

Spring 2015: Sold in REA as an SGC 50 for $6600 to Brent (according to Betsy from PWCC "for an unnamed client" - a request to confirm the unnamed client has no ownership interest in PWCC has not been responded to)

Question - Has anyone on here had any dialogue with Brent about purchasing cards for them from other AH's? Is this a service he offers or something he has done for anyone?

August 2015: Sold privately by Brent to Courtney as a PSA 7 for $75k (Betsy from PWCC states that this was on behalf of another client (it has not been clarified how the card made it from alleged client 1 to alleged client 2), Courtney the buyer states that Brent represented the card was owned by him personally). It was between the Robert Edward purchase and the Courtney purchase that the card was altered and jumped from an SGC 50 to a PSA 7.

Speculation - Brent had the card altered and submitted to PSA (the submission is fact) and at this point Brent is +$68,400 (less shipping, alteration and grading fees)

Oct 2016: Consigned by Courtney to Goldin and won by John Perez for $46,800

Courtney -$28,200
Brent - +$68,400

Feb 2017: Consigned by John to Brent and sold to unknown buyer for $52,300 (after which according to Betsy from PWCC - buyer returns card to PWCC who is "taking the loss" on the card)

Courtney -$28,200
Brent +$16,100 ($68,400 - $52,300)
John +1,300.

Speculation:

The "loss" on the last sale still leaves Brent +$16,100 from the original sale to Courtney. The card conveniently for PWCC - "disappears". If PWCC is truly innocent, it only makes sense that they go to PSA looking for reimbursement of the sale price - as PSA missed the alteration and $52,300 is A LOT of money........unless PSA would be able to come back and prove that in fact PWCC did or contracted for the alteration - giving them a solid argument not to pay. By not pursuing it, PWCC conveniently avoids this potentially more visible and costly public relations nightmare. I think PWCC has created a story about the "unnamed clients", believing it allows them "plausible deniability". PWCC tries to spin it that they are "doing the right thing" by taking the card back and refunding it's latest purchaser, when it actually conveniently leaves the card in their hands, Brent +$16,100 and Courtney out $28,200 (leaving him starting this thread and understandably upset).

Would be really curious to hear PSA weigh in on the conversation. Unfortunately, I presume PWCC is one of their best customers and they have a vested interest in finding a way to cover their own ass while protecting PWCC.

This situation raises a number of questions:

1) Is it illegal to alter a card, make no representation about it and let a grading company grade do the talking? What if it is ungraded? Some have suggested "removing what is not supposed to be there is okay" - curious to hear opinions - where is the line? soaking to get rid of paper or scrap book residue? removing tape? removing stains? removing creases? whitening? trimming? Coloring? replacing missing pieces? Does it make a difference if the card is $50 or $50,000?

2) I like the idea of doing something similar to what CGC does - a separate color label with details of alteration (these comic books sell for less than unaltered books in the same grade) - Clearly the grading companies have a harder time detecting alteration? - or just choose to ignore it?

2) If PSA's policy is it will not grade cards it determines are altered, then like many have raised, why is the Gretzky Wagner still in the PSA population?
The prior thread has extensive discussions on issue #1. And as far as I know, PSA has never made a determination the Wagner is altered. Mastro acknowledges he trimmed it, but I have not seen PSA acknowledging this.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-29-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:47 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
The prior thread has extensive discussions on issue #1. And as far as I know, PSA has never made a determination the Wagner is altered. Mastro acknowledges he trimmed it, but I have not seen PSA acknowledging this.
Nor will they ever!

I think, although this is not breaking news, that the 2 parties being discussed in this thread are more than just acquaintances.

Still a ton of unanswered questions from both parties, and although one has attempted to clear the air, so to speak, the other has been silent.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Nor will they ever!

I think, although this is not breaking news, that the 2 parties being discussed in this thread are more than just acquaintances.

Still a ton of unanswered questions from both parties, and although one has attempted to clear the air, so to speak, the other has been silent.
PSA is notorious for avoiding public discussion and shutting down dissent on its own board. It seems to be the right judgment, as business is thriving. Similarly, I doubt the issues some of us have with PWCC have much if any impact on its business.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Perhaps if those who sell on EBay, link to the threads here, it may.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Still a ton of unanswered questions from both parties
Not really. I think both parties have explained their side pretty well. Answers only lead to more and more questions. That's pretty obvious. Where does it end? At this point I think we have enough information to draw our own conclusions.

That's just my opinion.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Again, the main unanswered question is when Brent gets the card back from the buyer, will he crack it out of the PSA 7 case? If not, it's still a problem as PSA has disavowed the card. It could still be sold as a PSA 7 in a private sale, even though it technically isn't anymore.

I would bet PSA and Brent will probably come to a settlement that allows them both to show that the card was removed from the holder and both split the loss. PSA has bought back cards graded in error before when called on it, especially since they're financially liable to losses based on the insurance policy covering their grades.

Another good question is whether or not any of the buyers of the other cards in that submission asked for and received refunds due to the possibility of them having been altered and bumped. If so, those prices in VCP are now bogus, as the sale never actually took place. Or whether the buyers of those cards were even informed about the bumps/possible cleaning.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Sam Lemoine

I'll ask the stupid question. Comments have been made about soaking being ok if it is with water, but not with other chemicals. So why is one ok and not the other?

To me it is like taking a shower. I can just use water, or I can choose to use shampoo and soap. Either way, it is still just me underneath. Nothing changed. Is a card so much different?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
I'll ask the stupid question. Comments have been made about soaking being ok if it is with water, but not with other chemicals. So why is one ok and not the other?

To me it is like taking a shower. I can just use water, or I can choose to use shampoo and soap. Either way, it is still just me underneath. Nothing changed. Is a card so much different?
Yes. Chemicals can cause the paper, ink or other materials to degrade faster and cause physical harm long term, not otherwise seen in the immediate short term. One such similar example may be like rusting. Its not rusty now, but once it starts rusting, it will continue to get worse and worse.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-30-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:26 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Not a stupid question, but one that's been asked over and over again on this board and elsewhere. And it's still being debated, but the current accepted practice is that soaking in just water is acceptable, while using chemicals is not.

Some people think erasure is okay and many do not. One of the most open card doctors is a member of this site, and to my knowledge, has never been banned.

Without soaking, high grade vintage cards become almost impossible. With soaking, they can be removed from scrapbooks and present very nicely, and are accepted across the community.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

So if Zima and wine coolers aren't cool anymore, I guess you guys are going to tell me my bottles of Boone's are not good anymore too. Damn it!!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 04-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Andy's Boones Farm....

......could still be good if it is vintage 1969 or 1970. And only if it has been stored in an appropriate wine cellar at the correct angle And temperature....with no direct sunlight....or...in the original case in the back of the garage. It could have morphed into ..."The Bomb". Thinking back to 1968 and 1969..Boone's Farm Apple "paired" nicely with a wide assortment of other products.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

UNCLE already!

Why don't you guys use PMs instead of all this BM?

-

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-30-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Relax....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
UNCLE already!

Why don't you guys use PMs instead of all this BM?

-
have a glass of Ripple.....or Tingle...

Old 04-30-2017, 04:29 PM

It seems that the hobby will always have these issues regarding alterations until an agreed upon set of practices is adopted. Since there is no organization to fill this void, maybe next best would be for the more reputable third-party grading companies to consult with major figures in the hobby -- including auction houses, dealers and collectors -- and come up with a set of principles to guide future practices.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

They really already have: Authentic - Altered. All three major grading services use it and 95% of the collectors are okay with it. Some completely ignore cards marked that way, and some use it to buy great looking cards much cheaper than without trimming or cleaning or recoloring or erasures.

If the TPGs can't tell it's been cleaned by non-water solutions, they can't mark it Altered. Altered grades can be priced lower than poors to around PSA 3s, from what I've seen, depending on what the alteration is and how nice the card looks otherwise.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Rennie
Re.ne Gal.letti

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Speaking of our beloved card, hmmm.... Check out the POP Report guys
The card has been removed.
I find it very hard to believe the winner of the card from PWCC
just sent it into PSA and asked to remove the card from the holder.
So who really won this card?
That's the question of the day.

Seems to me I should be reimbursed the commission I paid on this.
So PSA removes themselves from this mess by deleting the card from their Pop report and cert. verification but still lists the card in their past auction sales. So now what is the true value of this card in PSA 7/SGC 7?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1933 DiMaggio.jpg (19.3 KB, 971 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Scott Russell

I dunno but I wish I had bought the Dean in PSA6 in 2010
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Default What I don't understand

is how the guy, or his CSRs, thinks that it is acceptable to charge $35 in shipping for an $8 or less flat rate envelope.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardsnautos View Post
is how the guy, or his CSRs, thinks that it is acceptable to charge $35 in shipping for an $8 or less flat rate envelope.
What about insurance? He is covering the safety of the card arriving.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Oy vey.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

For anyone that doesn't know, Cortney (who started this thread) passed away several weeks ago at the very young age of 41. For that reason this thread is being locked.

Last edited by Leon; 07-02-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Closed Thread