NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Default Andrew Peck

A few years ago I bought a group of Andrew Peck letters (all on Peck & Snyder stationary). Included with the letters were several family photos, including one of Andrew Peck. Since the caricature on the back of many Peck & Snyder trade cards is, I believe, supposed to be Andrew, I thought I would provide an image of what he looked like in real life. The trade card image is shown in the link http://www.oldcardboard.com/eNews/20...nyder-back.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apeck.jpg (78.6 KB, 500 views)

Last edited by oldjudge; 04-16-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

Thanks for sharing Jay. Very interesting.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Well, there are some serious questions as to whether that photo is in fact Andrew Peck. I have attached a scan of a signed photo of Andrew Peck that appeared in a prior REA auction. This image was sent to me by a very knowledgeable baseball historian. To me these two images look different but perhaps MarkF.imoff could compare the two. If in fact they are different my guess is that the photo I have was simply mislabeled. There were several photos in the group, a younger woman and an older man. They were all labeled as Pecks, but what their relationships was I do not know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APECK.jpg (16.7 KB, 426 views)

Last edited by oldjudge; 04-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Mark

Jay - the REA scan is not nearly as clear as we would like, but from what I can see I think it is very unlikely that these two are the same person.

As to which may be Peck, I surely don't know.

Last edited by bmarlowe1; 04-17-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Thanks Mark! From the images on the back of the Peck & Snyder trade cards I think the REA image is more likely the correct one. Mine was probably mislabeled, or perhaps, as was suggested to me, it could be a photo of another member of the Peck family also named Andrew.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Jay,

For what it's worth, I believe this could be an older Andrew Peck. The eyes, nose and ears do look similar, as well as the widows peak in the hair, although he is wearing it in a different style. Further he had no "family" he was an only child whose parents died when he was young and he was raised in the Leake-Watts Orphan home. Also as the letters came from the Hodge family(his wifes family), who he was quite close to, I doubt they misID'd him??

The REA photo does certainly appear to be signed in handwriting, so that undoubtedly most be him as well.

Just some random thoughts to throw in the mix.
Old 07-18-2023, 04:15 PM

I've also recently come across a photo that I believe is him, from 1880's.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bsy...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Utz...ew?usp=sharing

It's in a family photo album in which half of the photos are from new york, but the other half are a "Lundgren" family in Sweden. Anything you know about, or anybody could help me piece together ?

They could be work associates, as I see Nicholas Lundgren (born in Sweden) was in New York 1886, and on the Swedish cencus records it reports him and his wife are "marketers" ... ?

Anybody?
Old 07-18-2023, 10:02 PM
Peter F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo View Post
I've also recently come across a photo that I believe is him, from 1880's.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bsy...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Utz...ew?usp=sharing

It's in a family photo album in which half of the photos are from new york, but the other half are a "Lundgren" family in Sweden. Anything you know about, or anybody could help me piece together ?

They could be work associates, as I see Nicholas Lundgren (born in Sweden) was in New York 1886, and on the Swedish cencus records it reports him and his wife are "marketers" ... ?

Anybody?

Well Ergo, the sentiment and signature are certainly in line with how he signed the back of his trade card with 1869 Red Stockings. See pic. (Not mine)
Old 07-19-2023, 02:18 PM

It certainly seems that way, which is cool. I've found all sorts so far, but nobody connected to sports.

Do you know where I could look for his family histroy? I called the New York library and they've given me an email address to try. I jsut find it a bit surprising nobody has put up a family tree with him in it
Old 07-19-2023, 04:35 PM

There is not much online in the way of a family tree for him.

His parents are Andrew Peck and Catherine (last name unknown), both born in Germany, and show several siblings, they appear on the 1850 census in Williamsburg, Kings county, New York.

He married Henrietta Hodge in 1881 in New York. They had no children.