NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
I think this debate has really been put to bed for quite some time, and I can't understand why it keeps being brought up. It seems less out of a desire for a scholarly debate, and more out of stubbornness. Every logical argument is being illogically refuted or ignored, and I don't understand why.

So maybe some of us are getting a little frayed as a result.

-Al
I was kind of thinking the same thing. It seems like everyone has come to their own conclusion and if they haven't changed their minds by now they probably aren't going to.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Tom Papa

Default Thanks Leon

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

However, I must say that for Barry to say that Ted was "needlessly attacked" makes me laugh out loud. I was called a "NEWBIE" and looked down upon by Ted immediately when I questioned him. Everytime anybody calls Ted's on his "facts" he cries foul intead of answering the questions with logical observations (because nobody will ever have facts in this particular case). Frank makes ever attempt to push me aside without bringing ANYTHING to the table. He hasn't even held the proof strip to examine it. But, at least Frank doesn't act like what he has seen in scans is "fact". Thank you for that Frank.

Just because you fella's know a thing about me doesn't mean I haven't been around for a long time. Many people here know me regardless of how often I post on N54. I did hold the strip and I did examine it thoroughly. That is the only reason I chimed in. I have posted about my observations and many many people apparently agree with those observations.

The difference between Ted and I, in this case, is that I call what I saw "observations" while he calls them "facts". Also, I try to help answer his issues about the strip while he continually ignores everybodys logical observations that refute his "facts" (post #128, 129, 130, 131, and 136 to name the most recent). That's all.

I find it entertaining when I run into this type of person. He does a little bit of homework and appoints himself the expert. heh

Anyway, I believe our point about Ted's opinion here has been made. I'm done with this now Leon as I'm sure nothing will change if we continue to ask questions. I apologize if this caused a disturbance on your watch.

Tom
Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
I think Tom was sort of written off by Ted as a "newbie" who didn't know what he was talking about, maybe five or six pages ago. As a friend of Tom's, when I read that, it stung. Had it been me, I'd be a little belligerent towards Ted as well.

As an acquaintance of Ted's, I think this debate has really been put to bed for quite some time, and I can't understand why it keeps being brought up. It seems less out of a desire for a scholarly debate, and more out of stubbornness. Every logical argument is being illogically refuted or ignored, and I don't understand why.

So maybe some of us are getting a little frayed as a result.

-Al
+1
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Barry Sloate

Tom- sorry then for that. This thread is already too long for me to remember posts made several days ago (or whenever). I didn't realize you and Ted were already at it. I apologize for it.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Tom Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Tom- sorry then for that. This thread is already too long for me to remember posts made several days ago (or whenever). I didn't realize you and Ted were already at it. I apologize for it.

No problem at all Barry. I certainly understand.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Tom .....I do agree

Hey Tom
I do agree with you. My good friend Ted (hey Ted) sometimes does feel he is being attacked when someone is only trying to have a civil debate and not agreeing with him. I like Ted a lot and he is one of the best hosts a guy could have, while said guy is freeloading at his house . Barry and wife were great hosts too, again as I was freeloading at their abode. Basically I just go from city to city freeloading and staying at board member's houses. I just need to find a place that will accept me, my wife and my soon to be 14 yr old, and I will have it made .

But getting back to the strip debate I am glad some good info has come out and the post(s) about the printing processes are extremely good. After reading everything in this thread I am in the "single strip" camp.

I hope everyone will continue to post, be civil and debate our little gems. That is what this board is best for...and I might add has more collective knowledge about vintage cards on it than anywhere else I can think of. best regards
Old 08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Barry Sloate

Never freeloading, always welcome back.