NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edwards Auction Catolog

Posted By: mike wrenn

I just recieve my Robert Edwards catolog today.
There are about 300 Preware items mostly cards
with reserve price and estimated selling price.
I receieved the older July 1997 catolog and the current April 2006 catolog. Ordered it online for free on monday arrived by priority mail thursday free of charge. Auction catologs are probably the best reference guide any collector can have especially when it's free. There are over 1500 sports items and 300 vintage pre war items. Email them Asap to get yours. This is not an post to promote the Auction it's a post to give beginner's and novice a great reference guide to educate all collector's.
robertedwardauctions.com

Old 04-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I got the 1997 catalogue and was surprised to also find in the envelope a copy of issue #12 of VCBC.

All I can say is that REA rocks and will always be at the top of my list of auction houses out there.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Hamernik

I agree. I just received the 05 and 97 catalogs in the mail today. I only sent the e-mail a couple days ago requesting them. They are a first class outfit all the way!! It is nice to see a company who cares about the collectors.

Jim

Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Just got this email from REA:

Auction catalogs are all mailing today via first class Priority Mail! All are being mailed direct from our printer in New Hampshire, so delivery time may range from just a day or two on the East Coast to four or five days on the West Coast. We hope you enjoy the catalog! If you have any questions about items in the auction, bidding, or registering to bid, please let us know. We will be able to help you!

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Hoped I'd get anj early one...

Old 04-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach Rice

Well the bidding has started, this will be fun to watch.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Is there a reason WHY Robert Edward Auctions is NOT listed on http://www.auctionreport.com ?????????????????

Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mike wrenn

Just recieve another catolog for another april auction that ends april 29, 2006. Once you request one you recieve there new catolog every months. Just scanned the 1st 20 pages it's amazings hope all enjoy there's

Old 04-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

like my intestines were being pulled out, hand-over-hand, yard after yard? No, not quite. More like "Hey--that's my stuff; that's not his stuff!"

See?

Old 04-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth B.

Wow, just received the ENORMOUS catalog from REA! I thought you guys were kidding about the heft of this one. It's beautifully produced, too. Can't believe this thing is being given out for free. Kudos to Robert Edwards Auctions, now if I can just find some treasure buried in my backyard to bid on stuff!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

I spent a good deal of time last night browsing the catalog.

One thing that stood out for me were how low a good number of the 'estimates' are. I'd like to think that this is merely conservatism on behalf of the auction house, but wonder if there is more behind it than that.

Is it a mechanism to get people to bid i.e. "Good heavens - thats a bargain estimate. I think i'll bid on it".
Is it a mechcanism for future marketing? e.g. "the auction grossed xx millions, x million higher than our estimate thus consign with us because we do better than advertised".

REA is not alone in this practice, but if you look at some of the estimates you'll find some that are laughably low.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

i believe it is common practice for auction houses to underestimate bids so they can say in the future "our auctions exceeded estimates by such and such an amount!" This certainly helps to lure consigners!

pete in mn

Old 04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

I agree with Pete. You need look no further than the inside back cover of REA to substantiate this theory.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

At least as far as the T206's on there, I think the estimates are conservative, but accurate. I think they are a good reflection of what the card "should" go for without a frenzy of people who have the means to/desire to over-bid (in most caes). I would imagine that the people who over-exceed the "estimates," in more cases than not, won't be able to recoup their initial investment. IMO.

And I agree--what a great auction!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I have a feeling the total auction amount (w/juice) for all the bids COULD exceed Mastro's auction. It will be close !!!