NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default Dean's Cards - Deja Vu All Over Again

There is an avalanche of Ebay cards ending tonight from Dean's. Most all are BIN's, and I just don't understand his pricing model. If he wants year-end clearance and cash flow then he ought to run a straight auction, take his chances and not ask such sky high prices.
On a somewhat related subject, my hit ratio with PWCC has hit an all time low and I am now batting below .100. For example, one the cards on my want list for so long the paper is brown and curled is the M116 Tris Speaker from the last series. To me, Tris looks like a noble young warrior, which he was, ready to do battle on the diamond. Anyhow, the example was a PSA 7 and had all the qualities I wanted. I bid well over a grand and was blown away by a bid three times mine. Anybody have a similar experience?
Old 11-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Ken McMillan

Dealt with Deans before and he does discount if you buy directly from his website and not ebay. It is a graduated teir depending on how much you buy.

Kmac
Old 11-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Joe H

I have also dealt with them in a positive way (though years ago)- for their BIN's that I wasn't willing to go all the way to, I just sent a message with an offer, and have had decent success
Old 11-14-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
There is an avalanche of Ebay cards ending tonight from Dean's. Most all are BIN's, and I just don't understand his pricing model. If he wants year-end clearance and cash flow then he ought to run a straight auction, take his chances and not ask such sky high prices.
Whose to say he needs/wants cash flow? Just cause he has stuff listed doesn't mean he needs to sell it right now. One thing I've learned in this hobby is there are more people than you would expect who just don't have to sell something all the time. The answer is quite simple, you either pay their price, make an offer, or go find it somewhere else. My guess is he's doing alright since he's been at it for quite a while and yet he's still willing to wait to get the price he wants.
W554 - Anyone with any red backstamp, Fonseca, Klein, Rommel
E/T Young Backrun - Need E90-1, E92 black Crofts Candy, E92 Dockman, E101, E105, T216 (all versions)
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Al Richter

Add me to the list of people who have done ok with them off line
Old 11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Their slogan is: "Why pay much, much less when you can get fleeced by Dean?"

Every time you see their dumbass red logo on ebay in the list of cards you're looking at (I set up my searches to eliminate that ridiculous pest, but no matter how much Raid you use, some ants still appear), simply check above it or below it to find out what you 'should' be paying for the exact same card...

1969mantledeans.jpg

1966mantledeans.jpg

1963mantledeans.jpg

PATHETIC!!!
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel
Old 11-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

I used to be adamantly opposed to buying anything from them, but for some reason, I've found that he undervalues Mathewson relative to other dudes. I recently purchased a nice T206 and T3 from him directly and didn't feel like I got completely hosed.

My only issue is that his eBay scans are downright nuclear and cannot be accurate representations of the cards offered.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post

PATHETIC!!!
This demonstration made me laugh. I have purchased one card at market value but it was raw. Maybe the prices are inflated for graded cards only?

Greenberg collection
Old 11-14-2018, 05:56 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post

Every time you see their dumbass red logo on ebay in the list of cards you're looking at (I set up my searches to eliminate that ridiculous pest, but no matter how much Raid you use, some ants still appear), simply check above it or below it to find out what you 'should' be paying for the exact same card...

PATHETIC!!!
Jeez. Is an honest guy asking strong prices really your idea of pathetic?
Old 11-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Albert Bee

Default Dean

You cant spell dependable without D E A N