NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Ed Hans

Default 2017 National Dealer's roll call

Two weeks to the 2017 National convention. I'd like to invite all members who are setting up to reply with their booth number(s) and a brief description of the wares they'll be displaying. Please reply in this thread only if you're setting up. If kept short enough, the thread could be printed to serve as a Net54 road map at the show.

Gary Nuchereno and I will be in booth 1140. We will be with Richard Masson and Scott Brockelman (booth 1142). We will have singles from all four sports from the 19th century through 1979, as well as a few non-sports cards.

Scott will be accepting consignments for his fall auction as well. Please stop by and say hello.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Cory

A buddy & I are setting up at booth 204. We will have mostly pre-war including a decent selection of T205,T206, E90-1, etc. Also a little bit of post War HOF rookies (Mantle, Mays, Mathews, Koufax, Ryan, etc.)

We will have all cards priced on the front of the card, and not crazy stupid prices. We will also be contrarian in the fact that we will acknowledge people as they approach. Stop by to chat.

Cory Weiser
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM

Default Andy Sandler AllSportsAuctions.com

Hi Everyone!

As always I will be walking the aisles at the National wearing my San Francisco Giants cap. I will be bringing numerous rare and vintage baseball, football, and basketball programs as well as a 1954 Bowman Mickey Mantle baseball card and game used pro baseball flannel pants.

Please say hi and introduce yourself!

Regards, Andy Sandler (914) 388-2940

www.AllSportsAuctions.com

andy@allsportsauctions.com

Last edited by Andy Sandler; 07-24-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieJoss View Post
A buddy & I are setting up at booth 204. We will have mostly pre-war including a decent selection of T205,T206, E90-1, etc. Also a little bit of post War HOF rookies (Mantle, Mays, Mathews, Koufax, Ryan, etc.)

We will have all cards priced on the front of the card, and not crazy stupid prices. We will also be contrarian in the fact that we will acknowledge people as they approach. Stop by to chat.

Cory Weiser
I wish net54 had a 'like' button.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Default SF Giants Hats

I think everyone should wear a SF Giants hat this year at the National to throw Andy off his game.........
Old 07-12-2017, 07:08 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Savage View Post
I think everyone should wear a SF Giants hat this year at the National to throw Andy off his game.........
I'm a little embarrassed to wear my Giants cap to the Nat. But we may be in full Warrior apparel.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Robert Klevens

Prestige Collectibles will be at booth 707.
Largest selection of Japanese baseball cards and memorabilia.
Stop by and say hello!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twitter4.jpg (80.6 KB, 1499 views)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Cory

Default Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I wish net54 had a 'like' button.

Every year I go... most good cards for auction and not for sale. Then when they are for sale, they aren't priced or I can not get anyone's attention.

Figured...Just reasonably price the cards on their front and acknowledge people who may want to buy them. Appreciate the "like" comment.
Thx,
Cory Weiser
Old 07-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Don Hontz

I will be at booth 954---Loaded with stuff---2 Lou Gehrig Exhibit Rookies (SGC 10 and SGC 35) Plenty of T206 Cobbs, Max Stein PC758 Mathewson, 1914 and 1915 CJ's, Goudey Ruths and Gehrig's, 1950's Rookies,1935 Chicle FB, PSA 8 Unitas, Tarkenton and Ditka Rookies plus much more---
Old 07-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Al

Love of the Game will be set up in booths 917 and 919, displaying material from our 5th Anniversary auction (which will be open for bidding by then), and giving away catalogs. We'll also be accepting consignments for our fall baseball and boxing auctions.

Cameo appearances in the LOTG booth by Ryan Christoff and Adam Warshaw, as usual.

Stop by, have a seat, say hi. Can't wait to see everyone.

-Al
Old 07-14-2017, 10:12 AM

Default Back to original topic!!

Ed Hans original topic was for dealers setting up at "THE NATIONAL" to list their wares and table location. Not intended for wearing of hats, "like buttons" and unfair pricing.
I will be in booth 841 across from the corporate booths. Will have pre 1950's sports equipment such as football helmets, laced basketballs including a beautiful outer seam basketball and basketball carrying cases. Boxing posters, programs and tickets. Cardboard display pieces and early baseball supplements. Plenty of 1930's - 40's non-sports cards and many ex condition 1950's and 60's baseball and football commons. Sam Majors
Booth 841
Old 07-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Will anyone there have vintage autographs?
Old 07-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default Table 447

Mike Peich, Chris Bland, and Tim Newcomb will be set up as LUTFA Cards at Booth 447. We will have an eclectic mix of graded and ungraded (mostly) prewar cards including:

- hundreds of T206s
- assorted E and T cards
- M101-4/5 with tough backs
- a near-set of 1933 Goudey in collector grade
- a set break of 1966 Topps in EX/EX-MT with all high numbers
- near-set break of 1921 Exhibits
- dozens of other 1920s Exhibits
- some 19th century material
- graded HOFers from exotic prewar issues

Like Cory, we price to sell rather than just to display. We are generally open to deals when multiple cards are involved. We'll also consider buying and trading.

Finally, again like Cory, we really value those dealers who greet people with a cheery word and we do that at our table. In fact, Chris' father Bill will be our designated greeter; you'll hear his distinctive central Illinois "How ya doin' there buddy?" resounding through the aisles.

Stop by and say hi -
Old 07-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Mark Macrae, Sal Dichiera, and I will be set up as usual with our 19th Century, and 20th Century T-cards, E-cards, Goudey's, Diamond Stars, Play Ball's
Bowman's, Leaf's and Topps cards. Sal specializes in an eclectic inventory of sports related vintage memorabilia, posters, yearbooks, etc.

Our booth is situated near the entrance, so it is easy to find us. Look for Sal's vintage posters display. Also, we may have a guest dealer at our booth.

" Talking BB cards " is our favorite pastime, so feel free to engage in any discussion with us regarding cards from 1887 to 1977.

Looking forward to seeing you.

TED Z
Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Default Sterling Sports Auctions at the Nationals

Hello Everyone,

Sterling Sports Auctions will be set up at Table #472, the featured cards in the current auction will be on display, if you have a lot you wish to see in person please let me know before Tuesday so I can bring it along.

Will also be accepting consignments throughout the show.

Always enjoy meeting clients so stop by and say "Hello"

Lee Behrens
320-219-1372
Old 07-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Josh Adams

I'll be at 412 selling vintage baseball and hockey. BST auctions will be with me, in 414.

Come by I think we will have a couch. I'll bring snacks.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Lou Brown

We (Lou Brown Cards / Legends Sports) will be set up this year at booth 835 (across from the corporate area in front of Dave & Adams and Upper Deck). We will have a nice variety of vintage cards - graded and ungraded - and autographs. Many original Jim Rowe and JD McCarthy signed PC's. Vintage commons - mostly better grade material from 49 Bowman to 1972 Topps for collectors working on sets.

Be sure to stop by and say hello. I always enjoy meeting people I've dealt with in the past as well as people I haven't that are on here.

Also, I have a room reserved currently at The Aloft (across from the Convention Center) that I do not need. It is booked from Tues-Sun. I'm sure if you only needed it for part of that time it can be changed. Their rate is $152+tax. If you can use it, let me know. Email is best - Lou@lbcsports.com

Thanks

Last edited by loubrown; 07-17-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

During the National this thread will probably be pinned to the top for everyone's use while there. The Net54baseball banquet will probably be pinned for a few days preceding that event too. As most know stickies (pinned threads) are not often used on this forum but sometimes they make sense and can help. I will try to make it by and say hi to all folks setting up and posting in this thread too. That could be kind of fun since I won't be setting up this year (though I might have a few things on display}.

Last edited by Leon; 07-19-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Larrie Dean

Default Dean's House of Cards (NOT DEAN's Cards)

The Chicago Nationals always attracts a large crowd! We will be set up in our usual location....in Booths 161, 163, 260 and 262. I recently acquired a collection which included 15,000 cards from the 40s, 50s, 60s and early 70s. We are restocked with 18 boxes of cards in numerical order (by year) to save the time of those trying to complete sets. Also, at least at the beginning of the show, there will be a number of sets. Stop by to at least say hello! Mention this post a receive a 10% discount on individual cards and a 5% discount on sets!

See you soon!
Larrie Dean

P.S. There are "new to me" T206s.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:37 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I won't be at the show, but have an important suggestion for this thread...

Does the National have a map to hand out (like they do at amusement parks), pointing out all of the attractions? If not, and for the sake of efficiency, why doesn't someone create a list here (in the very first post of a thread) in numerical order that vendors can add their names/specialties to. Say there are 200 booths. List out the numbers from 1 to 200 and then have people post where they are going to be. (Think about how set breakers list all the spots in their break and fill in the names over time as the slots are sold.) And it doesn't have to be just the vendors, per se. Not everyone taking part in the National is an active member here, so if someone knows what booths certain people will be in, they can add them to the list as well. With this sort of effort, people will have an incredibly handy, organized tool to refer to on their phones as they stumble around the 'Windy Convention' (patent pending).

Perhaps put it in a quick 5 row/column format:
1. Booth number(s)
2. Name of exhibitor/company
3. The exhibitor's speciality (what their main focus is)
4. The rest of their inventory (quick summary of other things they have available)
5. Other (quick thoughts, a personal note, 'specials,' etc.)

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 07-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Darren

Hi Darren, a map and a list of dealers are available on the National Website.

http://nsccshow.com/

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:31 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Darren, a map and a list of dealers are available on the National Website.

http://nsccshow.com/

Rick
Geez, Rick, way to ruin my brilliant idea!!

Casey Stengel

Old 07-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Glenn

Default 2017 National Dealer's Roll Call

Booth # 417 - Glenn Mechanick

I will be there with my usual (and unusual) assortment of quality, eclectic and interesting material.... mostly 19th century through turn-century (pre-WWI).

I will have 12 table top show cases + a large standing showcase all displaying material ranging from:
..... Baseball, Boxing, Display Memorabilia & Antiquities, Americana & Non Sports.
..... Cards, i.e. include 60-70 Old Judge HOF'ers & stars/ commons, almost exclusive nice to extremely nice images, with technical conditions ranging from SGC 10/ PSA 1 to SGC 84/ PSA 7; 3 Kalamazoo Bats; Buchner Golds; Allen & Ginter; Mayo; a set break of T201s, etc., etc.
..... Memorabilia includes some figural pieces, games, tobacco advertising, cigar labels & artwork, baseball currency, photographs (CDVs, Tintypes, Cabinets, Albumens, etc.) etc., etc.

Please stop buy & say Hello!

Glenn
Old 07-20-2017, 05:43 AM

Default AntiqueSportsShop.com at the National

AntiqueSportsShop.com will be set up at booth 309, exhibiting a wide variety of antique sports equipment and memorabilia, including bats, pennants, gloves, early football helmets, trophies, photos, turn of the century footballs, etc. Looking forward to the show.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM

Default Dealers at NATIONAL... who will have signed balls by BABE RUTH

I'd like to know the dealers who plan to take higher grade signed BABE RUTH BALLS to CHICAGO for the NATIONAL.....I'm planning my time .... Respectfully, Herbert Eustis,RETIRED....
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Bob McLean

I'll be in either 801 or 803, with All American Collectibles. My buddy Ron Estes and I will wrestle to see which one gets 801 I guess.

Terry Brown will be in 900.

I have a variety of cards from 1909 to 1975, with a mix of conditions. As always some cards for the OBC guys and mid grade collectors as well.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Jeff

Default anyone?

With any wrappers (any sport) to sell, please contact me. I could get your National off to a great start!
Old 07-21-2017, 12:37 AM
thomas c killeen

Default 1019

Table 1019
1952 Topps
near PSA
Old 07-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjavic View Post
Looking forward to the show.
Me too....!!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Joe Drelich

Default Booth 415

I will be set up at 415 with some high end graded cards. 1952 Topps Mantle SGC ? having it graded at the show, thinking probably a 50/4, card is well centered. 1951 Bowman Mantle rookie SGC 60/5. 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson PSA 8 along with lots of other goodies. I am also buying and or trading so stop by and say hello.

On the show front, I will have contracts and fliers available for my upcoming shows, September 22-24 "The Philly Show" Valley Forge Casino, King of Prussia PA as well as October 13-15th CSA Shows Chantilly Show at The Dulles Expo center Chantilly VA. Both shows are 250-300+ tables loaded with a great variety of material , well worth a visit. My monthy Sports card show and Auction 35-40 tables + live auction Parsippany NJ PAL building first Tuesday of every month. More information available at: www.phillyshow.com , www.csashows.com, www.palcardshow.com.

See you all in a few days !

Joe Drelich

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 07-24-2017, 04:31 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Please stop by and say hi

I will be set up at 1053 and 1055 P i have a large selection of thousands of PSA graded cards from 1884- the 1970's. These cards are from Baseball, football, basketball, boxing, and non sport primarily. I will also have some Hartlands, cabinets, photos, Sgc cards, etc. Hall of famers, rookies, and commons available in various grades. Some of the prewar cards i will have: PSA 7.5 T206 Matty Dark Cap, PSA 5.5 Piedmont Factory 42 Matty Dark Cap, several other Factory 42 Piedmonts PSA graded, some AB T206s psa, Assorted PSA T206 Commons (1-7), SL, Stars, Hof'rs, PSA 1-7. T205 (PSA 1-7), T207 including Broadleaf, Annon, Napoleon, etc. (A-PSA 6), 20 different t202 Cobb including a psa 8,T213 II Cobb PSA, Assorted Caramels and other T cards, over a dozen PSA/SGC graded T5 Pinkertons, assorted Sport Kings including several Didrickson, T230 Duke Kahanamoku ( 3 different), some nice goudey indians, S81 Matty, and other various pre-war stars commons and hall of famers.

Last edited by glynparson; 07-25-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
Prestige Collectibles will be at booth 707.
Largest selection of Japanese baseball cards and memorabilia.
Stop by and say hello!
Hey Robert please bring me a Masao Ohba card.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Any dealers interested in adding a nice piece to their table for a commision (if it sells) let me know via PM. One of a kind piece and the type of item that would get a lot of attention.

Tom C
Old 07-24-2017, 01:33 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Hi Ted!

Sitting between you and Mark while listening to you guys talk T206's and other issues would definitely be on my bucket list. hope you guys have a great time.

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Mark Macrae, Sal Dichiera, and I will be set up as usual with our 19th Century, and 20th Century T-cards, E-cards, Goudey's, Diamond Stars, Play Ball's
Bowman's, Leaf's and Topps cards. Sal specializes in an eclectic inventory of sports related vintage memorabilia, posters, yearbooks, etc.

Our booth is situated near the entrance, so it is easy to find us. Look for Sal's vintage posters display. Also, we may have a guest dealer at our booth.

" Talking BB cards " is our favorite pastime, so feel free to engage in any discussion with us regarding cards from 1887 to 1977.

Looking forward to seeing you.

TED Z
Old 07-25-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Booth 515

Saco River and I will be set up in booth 515. Saco River will be displaying cards for an upcoming auction. I have have a partial t206 set, 1898 and 1897 silver season passes ( ny giants), goudey Ruth, us caramel Ruths, t206 Hindu/epdg cards, e121 Ruth montage, York Ruth, t206 Johnson Cobb young, uncle jacks Ruth, a few Ruth autos and a Jackie signed exhibit. Partial list..,Trades welcome.

Stop by to say hello.

Toby / TROY

Last edited by bigfish; 07-25-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:22 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Toby-Pretty amazing passes--the Giants didn't join the NL till 1883. 😀
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM

Default Well played

Correction made. Thanks Jay!
Old 07-25-2017, 04:45 PM

I'll be at 1142 as listed above. Last minute packing's include 50+ SGC graded 1952 Topps 60-80's. A partial Horrors of War set sold as singles VG to EX+ including 1st series and high numbers. A few T206's with better backs, a nice array of graded T204's and several other misc. issues for sale.

Scott

Last edited by sb1; 07-26-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:19 PM

Default Vintage minor league baseball and hockey programs

I will be set up at booth 843 with over 1000 minor league baseball programs. Mainly from the 1940s thru the late 60s but also included are many early 1900'S thru 1930s. Will also have some 50 TO 60S basketball and hockey programs. This collection is new to the market.

Jim
Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Hey is rmy auctions at the national? I can't find them. Any help?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Before heading out here I reviewed the vendor list a few times and do not recall seeing their name. Definitely would say hello. Just wrapped up a large auction and no doubt have a lot of work to do
Old 07-27-2017, 04:08 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
I don't think they were able to get a booth but they could be set up with someone else.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241330
Old 07-27-2017, 04:53 AM
John Wondowski

I'm set up with Glyn Parson at booth 1053 with a ton of high grade T202 Hall of Famers, 25 Cobbs, Black Sox, Moe Berg, Babe Ruth Japanese, etc. Stop by and say hi!

Thanks,

John Wondowski

Last edited by wondo; 07-27-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Bob M

Is SCP Auctions at the National ? I don't see them on the list of participants. Many of the auction houses are present.