NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Default I'm in trouble; I owe apologies.

Posted By: Julie

Somehow i thought it would be David who goit angry with me; it was Kevin Struss.

Someone pointed out my post "Disillusioned with Mastro; still grateful," and he wrote me a (remarkably) polite and explanitory letter. he said he had examined the large photo of the'68 Red Stockings while on the phone with David, and, after he hung up, but before he called me, he examined my Walker photograph. His 'scope was only 20X, he said, but he saw the fibres, just as I did under 100X. He also said he had quite a collection of his own of albumen photos, including a number of N173s (of which I have none).

I'm really embarassed, and apologize.

Still glad i got my microscope, though--with A PIECE OF REAL PERUVIAN MUMMY WRAP! (the 'scope was made for kids, 8 and up--so everything possible is plastic, which is a good thing, because i break everything--but it has lenses which show things at 40X, 100X and 400X.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

with those damned Peruvian mummies...they create quite a nuisance buried on top of those mountains. Evidence shows that those ancient Peruvians were constantly destroying the mountain landscapes by digging holes and leaving foreign objects (bodies and such) up there.

Hey, you Peruvians! If you pack it in, you pack it out!

Old 05-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

For the record, I had mentioned to Julie that Kevin talked to me briefly about the photograph that she won on auction night. By phone he asked me a few factual questions (photography-only questions, as I'm not a Fleetwood Walker or Reds historian), about two of the photos in the auction. Though I was unable to see the photographs in person, I didn't see/hear any photograph-related problems with either photo, and I'm sure both winners got fine photos. I don't beleive that Kevin had any doubts about their essential authenticity, but wanted to clear up a few photography points.

Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Also, my last post shouldn't be interpreted as me being mad or anything like that at Julie, as her concern all along was that she was buying an original photograph. That she went out and bought a microscope to examine her own photograph says more than enough, in my opinion.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: julie

I'll have to check it out sometime.

Old 05-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I hope it wasnt J Dimaggio (see the FBI stuff in the current SCD), or you may have a forged mummy diaper!