NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Maybe a dime a card is what they can afford? Hell, I spend an inordinate amount of time at dollar boxes, but I enjoy it. That's the bottom line.
Nice work, Adam. I'd pay 5 bucks for that lot all day long.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Pics?
On vacation Daryl, will post a pic when I return.

Joe
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Default Run that by us again....

[QUOTE=Vintageclout;1306606]On vacation Daryl, will post a pic when I return.

....you just bought a Babe Ruth card.....you just bought a Babe Ruth card at The National...You just bought a Babe Ruth card at The National from Leon's booth.....and you can still afford to take a vacation ? Serious props , Bro.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Default Chris and Alex.....

Thanks guys!

Adam.....great pick ups! you have that error bug like me......I love small buys like that...

Larry,

Wow!!!

and all others, great posts.....really painted a great picture for me
Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
Brent if it's pre 1980 it might be on my wantlist I bought a bunch of 50s and 60s Topps hockey as well but I had to sort that on the dresser as I ran out of room on the bed!
Should make you glad I left on Sunday so you had some place to sort all those cards. LOL
Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Dave

[QUOTE=MikeGarcia;1306618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
On vacation Daryl, will post a pic when I return.

....you just bought a Babe Ruth card.....you just bought a Babe Ruth card at The National...You just bought a Babe Ruth card at The National from Leon's booth.....and you can still afford to take a vacation ? Serious props , Bro.
Whats a vacation ? I haven't had a decent one in years.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Bob McLean

This was an outstanding National. I was busy from start to late Saturday. Sunday was slowing down, but the locals were exhausted as were the dealers. Cleveland is the easiest venue for dealers in regards to hotels and finding places to eat.

Sales of Indians, Reds, and Tigers cards were strong along with Yankees cards.
Also sold a lot of Clemente cards.

As a dealer I am always puzzled by dealers who are there to show off their inventory or prized cards and are not there to sell. I enjoy meeting collectors and other dealers alike, we are all in this together.

I will second what Tony Schaffer had to say: If you price your cards right they will sell and you will have repeat customers. I like to think I helped several collectors finish or nearly finish a bunch of Topps and Bowman sets. The whole experience was very positive.

In closing I want to say that the locals were great, wildly enthusiastic about the National and that they wore themselves out walking the floor looking for cardboard gold. I hope they had a good time.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
Just got back from my first ever National. Son and I drove out from Michigan for the day.

We had fun and saw some amazing stuff, but I came back with way more money than I intended. I think the Sunday afternoon theory might be the best bet for me next time.

And thanks to David Cycleback who literally crawled under a table with a black light to examine an old Babe Ruth photo of mine just to verify its authenticity. Best $10 I spent all day! Super nice guy as well.
I have a video of David doing his black light work - I'm sure it will amuse all who see it for years to come. Unfortunately I can't think of any angles that will profit me.