NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Default SGC website question

Posted By: rob

Hey guys,

I went to check out my submission status and a pop-up came out asking me for my user name and password. My normal information did not work and I have never seen this type of pop-up before. Anyone else have this issue, is it my browser problem or something on SGC's part. It doesnt affect the set registry, only pop-report and submission type stuff.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

SGC has been this way for years. The submission status and population reports require a login & password. To see your submission status, you'll need your login & password while I supose you could use anyones login & password to see population reports.

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski

Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

Joe,

the log in and password have always been the same for editing your set on the registry and seeing the pop-report/submission status. I am saying something is new with a pop-up window asking me for a user name and password I have never seen before.

Rob

Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Rob:

I'm getting the same thing. It's odd and this is the first I've seen it. Probably a temporary glitch on the site. If it were me I wouldn't enter the requested info. I'd wait. But that's just me.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

same thing happened to me. when i called sgc, they didn't seem to care. they implied that i didn't know how to navigate their website. not very helpful.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: S Gross

I also called cust serv. They said it's a site issue that should be fixed later on, when later on is, I don't know.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

Just wondering whether anyone has anything new to report on this issue? I'm still getting the pop-up sign-in box, and when I enter the user name and password that previously let me track a submission, I'm denied access. Because my previous two inquiries to SGC's "customer service" pretty much netted nothing but frustration, I thought I'd have better luck here.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I think if you can find a way to get rid of that pop-up, you will be able to get right in. It happened to me too a while ago and I figured it out, I just forget how I did it.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Sometimes you can hit the ctrl and shift keys at the same time and it will disable pop ups and allow access to whatever you are doing....not sure about the site issue...

Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Fortunately I don't have any pending submissions but plan one soon, an express, ten business day turnaround. That being said I won't have to check for at least 30 days thereafter.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

You might try contacting Michael Goldberg at SGC. He has been quite responsive to my issues when they have arisen.

Michael Goldberg
Customer Service Manager
mgoldberg@sgccard.com
800-742-9212

Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fessgreg

unfortunately the sgc website still has problems. signed greg

Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

Take solace in the fact that SGC's "IT people are working diligently."

Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Yes, SGC is still having problems. I too am getting this weird pop up box which I never saw before. Before you always had a normal login box which popped up and allowed you to see where your submission was. Now you get a squirrely pop up box which requires an id and password which aren't the same as the one you logged in with just 3 weeks ago. Weird.....

Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

just had to request a submission kit by mail since the online submission printout is messed up...but i'd rather them spend the time undergrading my cards than fixing the site anyways.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Rivera

I dropped a submission at the reading show 3/3 -10 day service -received the cards back on 3/22. Had the same problem with the site so I called and got my grades. One of the cards was a different grade than what I was told on the phone -an honest mistake but might not have happened if the site was up.