NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default Buy/Sell/Trade pages etiquette

Posted By: leon

I see Eric S asked a question and instead of continuing in another thread not about the BST I feel a new thread is warranted. There are more and more transactions going on over there. This thread is not to bicker about any certain transaction, please.

So for Eric and others....On the BST pages there are very few formal rules except what are law and what are customary in our hobby. You know, be courteous, communicate well, show big front and back scans, treat others as you want to be treated....that kind of stuff. The other moderators and myself have no authority other than to not let folks play there if they act up very much. I/we try hard not to get involved in others' deals on purpose. If you list something there, there are no rules for "bumping". I think maybe bumping a thread after 4-5 days wouldn't be too bad and then just let it be. IF nothing happens then wait a while and decide to try again or not. I want to reiterate the "communicating" thing. If someone sends a freaking scan or answers a question....a friendly "thanks" or "no thanks" goes a long way. The general premise is Caveat Emptor, buyer beware..regards

Old 02-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joseph

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with B/S/T. I love it.
Happy Valentine's Day, B/S/T!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences, both buying and selling, on the B/S/T. It is somewhat annoying the way that some people bump repeatedly or list the same items in a separate post.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Speaking purely as a buyer, I have had nothing but positives experiences from my BST deals..
great stuff from great folks.. knock on wood.

Which reminds me, where the hell are my cards Lee?!?!? jk

marty

Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Donavon Arabie

I have nothing but praise for the B/S/T. The people here are easy to deal with & my transactions have all been wonderful experiences.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

I love the B/S/T section and have had fun using it. The problems are in the 50's to 80's category i believe instead of the pre-war. I think alot of guys are buying cards in A holders that are trimmed and then they crack them out and list them as mint or Nr-mnt and grab a huge profit. Anyone can mistakes but the last two people i dealt with sold me trimmed cards and i had to return them.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

My BST experience has also been trouble free.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric S.

Leon,

Thanks for the clarification. I too have really enjoyed this site and have both bought and sold cards without any hitch. Everyone I have dealt with has been professional and pleasant and I hope they feel they got the same in return. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

And if there are any problems on the BST those issues will be settled in the VBC forum under the leadership and guidance of Judge Judy... I mean, Judge Leon....

Soon, coming in to you in the VBC chat room... we present the VBC Court....

Is it possible to have N54 prepare the chat room with 7 jury seats, a judges chair, plaintif(s) and defendant(s) chairs? We could use avatars and everything. The only mics that will work will be those that belong to the judge, jury, plaintiff and defendant... we could keep a text box open for public comments. I suppose we'd have to make concessions for the witnesses to.... is it possible?

[linked image]

Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I guess I can chime in too about my experiences on the BST but all should understand I am a bit biased. My bias' aside I do try to call things as I see them. Overall I think it's a fantastic place to do business and trade. I agree that most of the issues do happen with the later era cards. For some reason it's the same way on ebay, I believe. The less of the value of transaction the more mucked up they get, or so it seems.

Fred- I am no Judge Judy but I do watch her sometimes and really enjoy the show. I would guess that over 95% of the time I agree with her (not that it matters). I dislike being put into a position of having to get in the middle of something, on the BST pages, but do from time to time. Most of the times I will give my opinion but sometimes, like the current unopened pack issue, I try to stay completely out of. I just didn't have enough information to even give much good, friendly advice. I think our BST is a little different than technical law too. We are friends on there and friends should be a little more lenient with friends. I do tons of transactions on there, and privately, and can't remember any big issues. I probably do 3-5 deals a week. Yesteday it was with Toby and Dan Collins, 2 of my favorite trading partners. I love dealing with guys I always deal with as I am assured of a straight up deal. God forbid something happen (knock on wood) and I know it will be made right, and vice versa. We don't always come to an agreement but when we do it is almost always a smooth situation. I see the BST continuing to be a great place to hang out and find stuff we want....Kudo's to all who use it and have pleasure doing it. That is what it's there for. best regards

edited typo

Old 02-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Leon, I want to take the time to thank you for the opportunity to use the BST. I have had several dozen transactions on the BST, both buying and selling, and every transaction has gone smoothly. Thanks to all of you that I have traded with, sold to, or bought from.

Rick

Old 02-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck

I find the B/S/T/ to one of the easiest and nicest places to transact card deals.

I don't have much of a collection but enjoy it.

Thanks

Old 02-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Hrechka

I have used the B/S/T Forum on the Non-Sport side and every transaction has been a pleasant one.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 AM
Administrator

If there were some type of feedback system (something to keep in mind for the new board) to give buyer/sellers an idea of the others reputation. Especially for new folks buying and selling.

Cards arrived Lee, love 'em!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Administrator

There will be a feedback system or at minimum a number of posts, sytstem. Brian and I communicated briefly yesterday. You guys will like the new one. It is going to take some time and we are still figuring some things out but it will have all of the bells and whistles of any other (new) forum. The problem might actually be to keep it simple.. I like simple. Just to give a bit more detail I am trying to find a host site where we can control our own destiny, so to speak. It looks like it will be some forum s/w that we buy and put on a server that we choose. I don't really want to host it on Network54.com because of their lack of communication and very poor customer service. It will happen but I am not sure of exactly when. Again, my guess is in the next 3mos or so we will have a whole new look with a million features, if we want them. There will be major communication and 0% chance that someone won't be able to find it or use it. regards

edited to add it will probably be hosted on yahoo as it is where my luckeycards.com site is....and yahoo is fairly steady, hosting-wise.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Leon,

You will want to put some kind of placeholder at this location pointing to the new location.

ie. WE HAVE MOVED TO www.leonrocksthehouse.com something like that.

There will be bookmarks all over the web pointing here that will cost you some drive by type surfers.. Perhaps you could look into to a redirect.. that would work even better but Network54 may not approve of that.. who knows.

yahoo hosting? Hopefully they are cheaper than they used to be..

marty

Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

All of those things have been thought about and discussed. They are being taken care of......I/we appreciate the input...I don't think it will be "leonrocksthehouse.com" ...

Andrew Smith

Old 02-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve F

Is www.bringthenoize.com taken?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Leon- you said the new site will have a million new features...will we be able to get free HBO?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Barry:

Leon said something about free Seinfeld DVD's to the first 100 signups.....I'd check with him though happy.gif

Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator

I hope I'm not too late...happy.gif

Old 02-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Just for you Barry, free HBO.....Seriously, from what I have been looking at it will be a small chore to keep the new site simple. But that is the goal.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Great...I'm getting really tired of $13.95 a month!