NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

That GI Joe base brings back a lot of memories.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
That GI Joe base brings back a lot of memories.
Yea, I was given the base towards the end of my GI Joe playing days. So therefore many wartime atrocities were committed in that facility. I vaguely remember the jail cell being overfilled with Cobra Commander foot solders. Poor Scarlett was also put in the cell before her brutal execution via fire crackers.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Eric Nelson

Default GI Joe

That last comment cracks me up. Right there with you!
Old 01-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Ted Zanidakis

I can name many fellow collectors who have had a positive impact on my collection. And, a good number of them are members of this forum. Thanx guys.

But, I must 1st credit my Daughters..Debbie and Zoe..who motivated me to get back into this hobby in 1977. I brought them up to play Baseball & Tennis.
I would take them to Yankee Stadium to see the Old-timer's game in the Summer, so they could appreciate the players I saw in my youth. They even saw
Mickey Mantle hit his last HR at the Stadium (1973).
The resurgence of the NY Yankees in 1976-78 era inspired Debbie and Zoe to start collecting BB cards. Which led to their persuading me to dig-up my BB
card collection from my youth (1947-1952). I was lucky, my sportscards were stashed up in the attic of our home by my Mom and my Aunt. My sister and
her husband purchased our home in 1967. So, the "goodies" stayed in the attic till I discovered them in 1977.

Zoe and Debbie posing silly.. circa 1977

. .

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 04-24-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:13 PM

I had to respond when I saw the GI Joe command center. Did anyone on here ever ACTUALLY obtain or know anyone who had a USS FLAG back in the day? GI Joes were the only thing I was more passionate about in my life than baseball cards became. My life centered around those things between watching the cartoon everyday after school to immediately setting up a battle and playing it out until dinner. That was an awesome blast from the past to see that box in this thread!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:45 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
I had to respond when I saw the GI Joe command center. Did anyone on here ever ACTUALLY obtain or know anyone who had a USS FLAG back in the day? GI Joes were the only thing I was more passionate about in my life than baseball cards became. My life centered around those things between watching the cartoon everyday after school to immediately setting up a battle and playing it out until dinner. That was an awesome blast from the past to see that box in this thread!
I was about to say whoever had the navy ship was the bomb....i remember a school mate had the ship and said he would love gi joe forever when i questioned why it was so expensive..
Old 05-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Mike Reid

I meant to post this yesterday on Mother’s Day and didn’t get around to it. I got to thinking about my mom and the impact she had on my card collection. I am sure I am not alone on this but I am one of the lucky ones because my mom didn’t throw away my cards. I remember very clearly the ultimatum I received as a 7 year old in 1969. It went like this “ you better get your cards organized or I am going to throw them out”. In all fairness to my mom I had cards in every room in the house. My dad helped me get things picked up and organized and the rest is history. My dad and I have enjoyed this hobby for 49 years. Thanks Mom!