NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks to David McDonald...

Posted By: Brad Green

Last week I was fortunate enough to travel to Hawaii on business. While there, I was fortunate enough to have dinner with David McDonald. David and I had a great time talking about baseball cards and life. David even brought some of his favorite baseball cards to dinner with him. He showed me many cards that I had not seen in person before. David is a true gentleman!

I have met several members from net54 over the past year or two and found them to be extremely nice and friendly. If all of the members of net54 are as friendly as the few that I've met, then I know that net54 is composed of a great group of people!

Old 08-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DMcD

It's been said before but one of the best things about this hobby is the people you meet and the friends you make. Communicating on the internet is one thing; it's always nice to meet a fellow collector in person, especially out here in deepest, darkest Hawaii. It's not that often that one gets to talk story with a guy who helps design Navy fighter jets and is Lefty Grove's cousin. Brad is a very interesting fellow whether the subject is Diamond Stars or F-18s and everything in between. The pleasure was all mine.
========
Edited (rather than bumped so that this thread can happily fade away and spare us the prospect of a Net54 group hug) to add: Matt and Michael, you guys are living proof of the lead sentence of my original post.

A Class Act? You decide . . .

Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Goebel

Brad,

I will echo your sentiments. I was in Hawaii a couple years ago and met David and Jeannette for dinner along with my wife. We had a great time discussing cards, travels, life, etc. and I'm happy to consider him a friend. Very much a fun part of the hobby!

Matt

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

David is a real class-act.

i received an email from him before the Nat'l...we had never met, never spoke, only conversed a few times in threads on this board...well, thanks to a suggestion from Barry Sloate (thanks Barry!), he contacted me saying he had 4 tickets for "South Pacific" in NYC, that he couldn't make it to NYC for the show, and they were mine at no charge, if i could use them...long story short, i was able to go and had an awesome evening courtesy of David. we eventually met up at the Nat'l and had a lot of fun hanging-out...

Hawaii must be a wonderful place if it has other people like David!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I really enjoyed meeting David at the National !!!