NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Default early Kodak cabinet snapshots - Cricket

While on vacation in Colorado I stumbled upon a pile of early Kodak mounted snapshots from 1889-94, including rare smaller format ones taken with the Kodak or Kodak #1 cameras (not possible to tell which was used, as format was the same).

Here is one from the early 1890's taken with a Kodak #2, featuring cricket action, followed by detail from the photo and detail from a similar one. It looks like some sort of practice field, as there are several batters and pitchers. The few that were dated from this batch, were 1892 or 1894.

Below those is an 1889-dated snapshot, just to show the formatting difference. The images were round to compensate for blurred edges. The Kodak #2 corrected for some of the blurring, allowing a larger image to be printed. To develop these you sent in your camera which included film of 100 photos, and they mailed back the cabinet photos and your camera. The two 1889 photos I picked up (other Kodak/Kodak #1 prints were not dated as early) both have a print design I have not seen before: "The Eastman Dry Plate & Film Co", as opposed to "Eastman Kodak Co." or "Eastman Co." Many of the snapshots did not have a back ad, some were mounted to larger pieces of cardboard and some had gold edges while others did not. This could mean that people were sending the photos to a developer other than Kodak, but I don't know.

Keep in mind that these were the first photos taken by folks like me and you, so most of them are not all that great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cricket1-lg.jpg (63.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 1.jpg (49.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 2.jpg (39.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 3.jpg (71.5 KB, 136 views)

Belltown Vintage Cards Store
BelltownVintage on ebay

Last edited by Runscott; 11-08-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
GaryPassamonte

Default baseball

Scott- I've got a group of baseball Kodak 2 photographs. Here are a couple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kodak1.jpg (8.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg kodak5.jpg (6.7 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by GaryPassamonte; 11-08-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:46 PM

those baseball ones are very cool!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:33 PM

Here are mine:

Belltown Vintage Cards Store
BelltownVintage on ebay