NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Da.vid Schu.lman

Default Turtleguy Satisfied

If you read the posts at this website,Doug Allen has been placed in the same category as a cross between Attila The Hun and Ghengis Khan.I still harbor faith in him regardless and he has kept his promises to me.I talked about this being a nation of 2nd chances ( ala Vick,etc.) and I am about to give Legendary a chance to sell my stuff in the future on consignment.Hit me with the negatives and accuse me of naievet'e but I'm giving them a chance to dump the albatross which is Mastronet from around their necks.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleguy64 View Post
If you read the posts at this website,Doug Allen has been placed in the same category as a cross between Attila The Hun and Ghengis Khan.I still harbor faith in him regardless and he has kept his promises to me.I talked about this being a nation of 2nd chances ( ala Vick,etc.) and I am about to give Legendary a chance to sell my stuff in the future on consignment.Hit me with the negatives and accuse me of naievet'e but I'm giving them a chance to dump the albatross which is Mastronet from around their necks.
Incredible. Were you even paid yet from your previous consignment? Why not try a go with one of the other houses and see which way you like it better?

Last edited by Matt; 09-01-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM

Yes Matt,

That's what I was going to ask. If not, seems like a giant leap of faith. But hey, they are turtleguys items to do with as he pleases.

Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice...............................

Mike

Last edited by docpatlv; 09-01-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default the albatross which is Mastronet

Seems to me the President of Mastronet was ... I mean still is ... Doug Allen. Can one be one's own albatross?

EDIT TO ADD Maybe they can pay him with the proceeds from the new consignment?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
Yes Matt,

That's what I was going to ask. If not, seems like a giant leap of faith. But hey, they are turtleguys items to do with as he pleases.

Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice...............................

Mike
My presumption is that he was paid because he said on 8/23 that he had spoken to Doug a week earlier and Doug had promised to get him paid. That he now says Doug came through on his promises I assume means he got paid. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be a consignor's responsibility to chase after the auction house with multiple phone calls, and public posts just in order to get money legally owed to hi for 6 months. If I had to go through that I'd consider other options for future dealings.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Peter Spaeth

Matt you are overlooking the "great guy" factor clearly. Being a great guy engenders loyalty.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Matt you are overlooking the "great guy" factor clearly. Being a great guy engenders loyalty.
I spoke to someone else last week who told me he was sending some stuff in to Mastro for their next offering as well. I just don't get it at this point. If you're aware of all the issues, why would you send your stuff there right now? There are so many other options.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
but I'm giving them a chance to dump the albatross which is Mastronet from around their necks.
Except that Doug is Mastronet.

Turtle, is your name Frank DiRoberto by any chance?
Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Lichtman -- slacker.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Da.vid Schu.lman

Frank DiRoberto? Faaagettaboutit!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM

Default By the lack of a response...

I'm guessing that he still hasn't been paid, and is still thinking of consigning.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
David

Terrible Testudine. I don't understand the ballyhoo. Something is fishy and/or very wrong here.

1) If you were paid you were only paid because of public pressure put out by people here. For you to turn around and then consign new material to these guys is tantamount to spitting in the face of everyone here who has supported you. I take offense to that stupidity. Its disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

2) If you weren't paid and you still are consigning new material to these guys then you are the biggest fool on this forum and you don't deserve to be paid a dime.

Either way, the message you send by these actions is disgraceful and your tomfoolery should be rewarded with a tea bag.

Last edited by daviddbreadman; 09-01-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Al

Quote:
your tomfoolery should be rewarded with a tea bag.
I'm sorry to butt in, I just need to repeat the above quote. It's the funniest thing I've ever read.

Thanks, David.

-Al
Old 09-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Default So, did you get paid?

Please confirm that you've been paid for your previous consignment. There still seems to be some confusion about it.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 PM
R Dixon

Default Ask yourself this

With everything you know, including testimonials from other consignors, articles in the newspaper, etc....how are you going to feel if you still do business with them and then get ripped off?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Joe

For a minute I thought Turtleguy was Doug. It's the perfect screen name. When trouble brews, just duck your head inside your shell and wait till it passes.

Let's put the smiley face in here so everyone knows it's all in fun.

Ooops.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Rich Klein

Default Jeff -- there is something about that

Frank DiRoberto name which is familiar. Can you remind me please?

Thanks
Rich
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Adam M.

Quote:
I am about to give Legendary a chance to sell my stuff in the future on consignment.
Could you please identify, with great specificity (i.e. grades etc.), exactly what you will be giving Legendary to sell for you so we can see if that exact material you identify here in this thread ends up in one of their future auctions? Thanks!

Last edited by Adam; 09-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.