NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Scott

Default February Roach's Corner auction is LIVE now

Pick out a favorite, save your money and Bid bid bid..All guaranteed by Scrap Authentic and Chris "Id authenticate an Adam and Eve signature" Morales. A Matty signed ball w inscriptions starts us off and how bout a PLANK SIGNED BALL? hehe.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/203/eddie-...-baseball.aspx

Be sure to post your favorite items
Old 02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Joe

Too funny. I'm sure everyone knows, but from great articles and research signed balls pre dating 1920 are unheard of. It was not a practice done in the day and told by ball players that played. But the Roach can come up with some really rare items, 10 at a time.

Edit to add: I'm refering to the Matty ball dated 1905.

Last edited by 2dueces; 02-04-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

They have some real tough ones this time around...I especially like the fact that they have 2 Tim Keefe's. Roaches Corner must be the best because they always have the scarce and impossible autographs...and at rock bottom prices
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I'll say what nobody wants to say about this shady outfit (as it's way more fun to criticize the really bad items). But some of the items (albeit very few) actually look good. Is there any chance that some unsuspecting collector consigns a "good" piece to Coach's Corner and that Morales or STAT authenticate it? Some "fringe" autograph collectors may be incredibly naive and think this is a good place to consign.

If so, what percent of Morales/STAT authenticated mdse. is actually good? I will set this up as a New Thread/poll question, and please be honest with your answers. There have been a very few pieces that apprear to be authentic, and have the STAT/Morales blessing, so this may be interesting...
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

What you should do is simply click below and here are all the wonderful items authenticated by Morales:

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=morales

My favorites: Christy Mathewson Single Signed Baseball, Geronimo Cut Signature, Babe Ruth Signed Jersey, Josh Gibson Single Signed Baseball, Tour Of Japan Signed Bat, Lou Gehrig Signed Jersey, Christy Mathewson Signed Book, ANY 19th Century Scrap Of Paper Signed (Keeler, Chesbro, Ewing, Keefe, Hamilton, Anson +) and how do they get so many complete signed sports items like jerseys?

In buying autographs, the most important thing is the source. Do you think Lifson and the big boys are looking for a deal here? There is a reason why none of this stuff ends up in their auctions and sells for almost nothing. After all, all the items above are limited to Coach's only and wouldn't Robert Edward like a few of these items?

My favorite thing last month was that they had a Walter Payton signed card PSA/DNA slabbed and it sold for $167 and a 1967 Roberto Clemente Topps card sold for $163.

The Payton is valued at around $125 and the Clemente at around $1500-2000.

You would think that this kind of research (if they believed their stuff was authentic) would have them approach the business as if...they used PSA/DNA, it could improve their sales...but these guys know what they are doing. They are all smarter than us.

My two cents...

Larry
Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 PM
keith janosky

It's funny because last months auction they had a Ruth and gehrig signed ball that was PSA authenticated as lot number1 that went for something like 15,000.00. If it was Stat or Morales it would have been about half that or less. Wouldn't you think as a auction company seeing the prices realized with a PSA or JSA item you would dump Morales and Stat in a heartbeat. Something more going on there than we all know.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default god this is horrible.....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=196199

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That's probably the worst Maris forgery I have EVER seen...
Old 02-05-2010, 04:49 AM

Thats the first fake Maris I've seen where the forger actually tried to duplicate the "sweeping" curve of the "M". Still terrible looking forgery,but tells me this guy is doing his homework and is trying to improve apon the mistakes of past forgers.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Anthψny N. ex

How did these guys escape Operation Bullpen? Sorry for the naivete, but I don't understand how they can get away with this for so long.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Scott

Anyone who thinks Coach's does NOT know that Morales/Stat are authenticating fakes is naive. In other words, they prob did the one PSA cubed ball to "divert suspicion" and maybe attach some legitimacy to their other stuff. They r crooks, and need to be shut down, PERIOD.

That said. the Geronimo is great, as are many other items mentioned above. Two Planks in one auction, Two Keefe's. a Chesbro, Multiple Mattys and a Maris fake that looks like an ATTEMPTED cross between his slightly different early and later versions. Well done, you crooked clowns.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM

I am always looking for Munson autographs and I found these two on eBay last week (below).

The seller was asking $1,000 (or Best Offer). Considering the following prices (pulled from the last auction), how big of a profit did this seller want to make?

In the last CCSA auction, closing prices:

#709 Thurman Munson hand signed Yankees postcard. ($61)

No Scans:

#2136 Thurman Munson Yankees auto/unlined 3x5 card ($17)
#2172 Thurman Munson Yankees auto white, unlines 3x5 note card! ($18)
#2325 Thurman Munson auto "Koerber" postcard -Rare! ($33)
#2337 Thurman Munson auto mint/unlined 3x5 card ($18)
#2905 Thurman Munson Yankees auto 74T BB card #340 ($13)
#2913 Thurman Munson Yankees auto 75T BB #20 ($26)
#2921 Thurman Munson Yankees auto 1975 SSPC BB card ($16)

I mean, $13 for a signed card? $18 for a signed index card? These are $750-1000 autographs. You could have bought all eight for $200!

This month, another 1974 Topps card, another postcard, a Government Postcard and another index card.

DanC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg munson1.jpg (11.2 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg munson2.jpg (10.7 KB, 195 views)
Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
keith janosky

To bad there isn't an attorney or his firm out there that is a big sports autograph nut that sees the crap these guys are putting out there that would want to take on putting these guys out of busniess. Maybe there is but they feel it's not worth it or maybe someone is but we don't know about it. I'm guessing not.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Since Munson was mentioned, I want to point out the oodles and oodles of unused postal cards that Coach's Corner has sold and please click on this Jackie Robinson:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=196227

Now check out these that they have sold in the past (outside of the Cash, which was a ball), but you can see where were going with this.

And then a few Satchel Paige's they have sold, and of course this month they are offering another unused postal card and this, which matches the scans provided.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=198043
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan1.jpg (44.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg scan2.jpg (27.6 KB, 167 views)
Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Can you sign better that a fifth

Man...that curl/loop on the upper E of @LVIS is HILARIOUS! Not to mention Jackie Robinson all of a sudden copied Hornsby's way about his R's. What a remark resem. HMMMmmm....
Plain criminal...not to me confused with "smooth"

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 02-06-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Scott

Again, in the spring, if anyone wants to ride down and storm the offices, I'll take a four/five hour car ride. This crap has to stop and people need to smarten up and NOT BUY THIS CRAP from them. Plus, you have the people who KNOW the stuff is garbage and turn around and sell it on ebay. Its getting out of hand, WAY OUT OF HAND.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
keith janosky

My theory is people that buy the stuff on Roachs maybe get the item authenticated by one of the bigger guys it then flunks. They try and put it on Ebay and it flunks so the only thing to do is auction it off back to Roachs because they will sell it since it started there and seller knows one else will sell it cause it isn't any good. So round and round the same item gets bought and sold and relisted on Roachs. How many times has it looked like the same item was on there before. Just my opinion.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Richard Simon

The wheels of justice turn exceedingly slow, but they do turn.
--
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Richard Simon

It is as important to get the enablers (their consignors) as well. And I would bet if/when CC is brought down, the consignors will be given up in a heartbeat.
According to an e mail that was in circulation some time ago, there are four regular suppliers to CC. I don't know if the e mail was correct, but I bet if CC gets busted, we will find out quick enough.
--
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-06-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM

I was sent this yesterday, a seller who has a ton of STAT Authenticated items, probably originating from CC.

http://www.legendsautographsandcollectibles.com/

But I bet the theory is also correct that the stuff is constantly getting rejected by PSA/DNA and JSA and that's why they implemented a policy that if it's authenticated by Morales or STAT that no returns are allowed. Then what?

Complain enough to where they take it back and then they own the piece after paying their fine consignor and they then throw it back up again?

DanC
Old 02-06-2010, 02:20 PM
keith janosky

Not sure how many employees work at C.C but if they don't get busted maybe there will be a whistle blower that will feel guilty about everything. One could hope.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM

Default Roach's Corner- Walter Johnson sigs

BTW- Both of the Walter Johnson sigs in the current auction that are authenticated by Morales look horrible too. Not even close! The "J" in Johnson is the huge giveaway...;
Old 02-07-2010, 04:17 AM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Scott

http://www.aasportscollectibles.com/

They prob supply or buy from Roach's. Look at the Vintage signed stuff. its HORRIFIC.

At some point, these guys will fall. somehow.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
I was sent this yesterday, a seller who has a ton of STAT Authenticated items, probably originating from CC.

http://www.legendsautographsandcollectibles.com/

But I bet the theory is also correct that the stuff is constantly getting rejected by PSA/DNA and JSA and that's why they implemented a policy that if it's authenticated by Morales or STAT that no returns are allowed. Then what?

Complain enough to where they take it back and then they own the piece after paying their fine consignor and they then throw it back up again?

DanC

Nice site. Froze my computer and crashed my browser.

Guess it's a sign.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Robert Klevens

Default Sadaharu Oh single-signed "Stat" baseball.

I specialize in Japanese baseball items and saw this horrible Sadaharu Oh baseball. Not only is the ball completely fake they didn't even write his correct home run total of 868. They should be in prison.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=198544

Old 02-08-2010, 04:08 PM
keith janosky

Wait till C.C next auction and count how many Drew Brees autographs there will be that won't be real
Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Or all the 2009 Yankees stuff that they have been able to get, unload (at nothing prices) and then obtain more. I guess their chasers elude the Steiner brand.

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/203/2009-n...ng-helmet.aspx

They have three complete signed jerseys and they get like $1000 a piece for them.

And we concentrate on sports, how are they able to get all these guitars signed by McCartney/Starr (2 of them), McCartney alone (2 of them), Rolling Stones (3 of them), Bruce Springsteen (3 of them) and signed Album covers...lotting up Bob Dylan signed albums (borderline IMPOSSIBLE!), The Doors, U2, Pink Floyd and...just look at all these signed Record Albums! They go beyond able to provide scans for these because they just have so much inventory!

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=album

Simply put, freaking amazing.

Larry
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
I specialize in Japanese baseball items and saw this horrible Sadaharu Oh baseball. Not only is the ball completely fake they didn't even write his correct home run total of 868. They should be in prison.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=198544

yes, but that WAS "#805" certified on site by Morales.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Richard Simon

Maybe when Oh signed the ball at the CC private signing he misunderstood Lee who was saying "we are paying you $805 for this session" and he got angry and wrote that number on the ball.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-09-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Maybe it's the 805th attempt at forging the ball.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Matt

Wrong section.. sorry
Matt

Last edited by MGHPro; 02-10-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:19 PM

I thought I would bring this thread back as to show you something interesting that was previously discussed (before GreyGhost brings us an update to the new auction that will be posted on March 4th for a good laugh), and it has to deal with the Satchel Paige.

There is a company out there that goes by www.joedimaggioestate.com, and look at what they are offering:

http://www.joedimaggioestate.com/bas...s/image002.jpg

and of course Lot #2664 (back to Coach's) was a signed GPC that sold for $29 in their Feb 2010 auction and of course this beauty that sold for $70.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=198043
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Scott

LOL. That thing is horrificly bad.. And yes, thank you, I can't wait for the new Coach's Commode auction to be listed soon.

Among the items rumored to be in the auction:

1. Candy Cummings actual shell that he threw to discover the idea of curving a baseball

2. Babe Ruth, 1923 signed ball. Inscribed by Babe "First HR ever at Yankee Stadium" and dated, Authenticated by Scat authentic.

3. James Creighton signed cut on a slip of aging Brown Paper. This hard to find item is worth several thousand

4. Beatles signed and dated Soccer ball from a concert At Wembley stadium. COA from Morales.

And the highlight of this auction from what I understand..LOOK FOR IT.

1919 Signed Baseball inscribed and dated October 1919 by Eddie Cicotte. "The Ball that started the Fix" 1919 WS. Eddie Cicotte. Also signed by Chic Gandil, w "ringleader" inscription.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Richard Simon

don't ignore the non sports section,,, the printers plate of the Ten Commandments, the real original Emancipation Proclamation with a p.s. by Abe Lincoln "got to do this, A.L.", Hirohito's declaration of war on the US in 1941 and last but not least, the handwritten plans of Yoko Ono to break up The Beatles.
Won't this crap ever stop?
Any day I expect them to start a new section,, "tell us what you want and you will have it in 24 hours."
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-01-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.