NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Trae R.

I know it's cheap & cheesy but I was just curious if anyone else has one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5156917346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Old 01-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

For all of you with the "real deal" feel free to keep your post to yourself, hehe. My envy will succomb me, and I may have to take out a loan and go on a serious T206 buying spree. (jk)

Old 01-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Trae, If you are comfortable with it then go ahead and buy it. One thing it will give you is that you have a reprint T206 in your hands to know exactly what one looks like. For the beginning collector it is not a bad idea to get ahold of a T206 reprint for reference.

Lee

Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: davidcycleback

At $15.99 plus shipping, I'd say go for it, Trae, if you are interested.

Old 01-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Joe P.

I agree with both Lee and David, it will be some kind of an inexpensive guide for you in a few ways.
I suspect that it doesn't have the Doyle.
If you do get it, please advice.
One other thing.
You never know how far you'll get with the real deal.
Believe me when I say that the set was never in my gran plan.
I started by getting a NY Giants Herzog card for my father, a McGraw Giants fan.
I then started innocently collecting the Highlanders, Giants and Trolley Dodgers.
Then I discovered Lew Lipset's volume III Encyclopedia on twentieth century tobacco cards.
Lew became my junkie.
My drug dealer.
I found myself collecting cards of everybody that played against the Highlanders, Muggsie's Giants and the Trolley Dodgers.
Nothing else in life mattered.
The boring problems of food on the table, roof over my head, the price of rice in China .... meant nothing.
The need to fill the tough Demmitt and O'Hara slot was the reason for breathing and living.
BTW, the above was a drug deal entry by Lew that went good.

Let me not rave on.
Trae, go for it!
So what if The Monster takes hold of your mind.
Do you really want to know about the price of rice in China?
You have just the right amount of insanity to make it happen.
An insane mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Things here at Chumley's Rest are going along just fine.

Harvey

Old 01-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Scottopotamus

It looks like soneone has posted a reprint set on line.

http://www.vintagecardtraders.org/virtual/t206/t206.html

Scottoptamus
My T206 Web Site

http://www.freewebs.com/scottopotamus

Old 01-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Scott

I bought "the Monster" after picking up my first few real t206s on ebay. When I saw that they only vaguely resembled real t206s, I started collecting scans - after years of searching, I finally completed my scan collection. Unlike Lee, I even have a Wagner and a Plank! So now I can pretend that I am a hoarder and all the real cards are simply in my vault.

I ended up mailing my "Monster" to my brother when he started collecting. As I began to accumulate real t206's, I created my own reprint set, printing a "sheet" each time I had 16 additional cards. You could do the same thing - each time you find a nice high-res scan on ebay of a t206 you don't have, just save it.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

You all are the best; so encouraging and informative. Thanks!

(Joe, you crack me up.)

Old 01-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

btw, I bought one! Yesss!

Thanks much to "Drew" who sent me an email regarding the reprint set. I really appreciate the time you all take from your day to help a fellow collector. If you only knew how much I appreciate each and every one of your contacts. This is the best hobby ever!

Old 01-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Reprint Set

Posted By: Jason Smith

I also recommend the Sport Americana T206 Posters. You can see all the cards at a glance. The drawback is that they are arranged by league and team. It starts with Boston Amer. at the top down to the Southern Leaguers at the bottom. Within each team the players are alphabetical. I got mine on ebay. Don't know how many there are out there though...
Jason Smith