NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-15-2017, 07:39 PM
Ben

Default OT: Trip to Chicago/Wrigley Field

My wife and I will be going to Chicago 7/21-23 (few days before THE NATIONAL begins) and want to go to Wrigley Field on Saturday to watch the Cubs/Cardinals game.

We will be staying near Rosemont. I would like to know what the best method of getting to Wrigley is, good sections to sit in (I don't want an obstructed view), bad sections to sit in, best site to purchase tickets, best way to get back to rosemont??? just any beneficial info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Sean Costello

Ride the Blue Line from Rosemont downtown, transfer to the Red Line. The entire trip will take between 1-1.5 hours each way. The transferring is not complicated, but getting on the Red Line going back will be very crowded and may take more time.

If you wish, you can stay downtown and go to a restaurant or sight see before taking the Blue Line back to your hotel.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Sean Costello

If you're flying to Chicago, the Blue Line is the train that runs from O'Hare to Rosemont. That trip takes less than 15 minutes.

My choice for best seats is in the upper deck, but as close to the front as possible, and as close to the infield as possible. None of these seats are obstructed. I buy tickets from the Cubs site. I don't know if there are better sites.

Let me know if you will be spending time downtown; I can recommend a couple restaurants, etc.

Last edited by Sean; 06-15-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Mike Ryan

Ben,
The shortest, quickest and least expensive way to Wrigley Field from Rosemont would be to take the Blue Line to Addison St., then the Metra bus east to the ball park. IMO.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Ben

We are driving up from Louisville Friday afternoon! Looks like we are within walking distance to Blue Line stop in Rosemont.

Found this site to help with getting to where we want to go.
http://tripplanner.rtachicago.com/cc...emplate=odvbox

thanks for everyone's help so far....
Old 06-16-2017, 07:09 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Make sure to hang out in Wrigleyville after the game. I thought that was the best part of my visit. Get a deep dish Chicago pizza.LOL

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 PM
B€nj@Min J@m€s

Ben.
I posted a similar thread awhile back. Visited Chicago and went to a game about a month ago for the first time.
Transit and Bus is the easiest and cheapest way to go.

Recommend StubHub for tickets and checkout their virtual reality 360 view.

Pic below is section 224 Row 1. Great tickets but slightly obstructed view from all the people passing by. Something around row 5 would of been a lot better.

Awesome ballpark and great time. That's coming from a Cardinals fan. Hope you have a good time.

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Rick

Definitely buy on StubHub. They've had excellent deals on tickets this year. Avoid CUBS.com or even the ticket window's day of game sale. Ironically broker/scalper prices have been cheaper than the Cubs themselves....a number of reasons; dynamic ticket pricing from the Cubs, early season sales with a premium cost, and all the added fee's and taxes you pay with buying direct from the team.

I sit in the LF bleachers with a bunch of regulars, some of the most knowledgeable fans in the park, SABR/historian types but I've sat all around the park over the years for hundreds of games. Most seats are good but I'd try to avoid sitting under the upper deck over hang behind the girders. You can't see fly balls or the center field scoreboard and the girders can obstruct site lines. The first few rows of the upper deck are actually excellent seats and the lower level corners are good too; slightly elevated with a great view. Some sections can get pretty warm on hot days with the sun beating down.

You can bring in something to drink, non-alcoholic, as long as it's in a plastic bottle and factory sealed. You can also bring in snacks and food, also sunscreen as long as it's not aerosol.

An easy walk down Sheffield is Home Run pizza. A good Italian beef place is Al's Beef, a short walk down Clark. The park opens at 11:20. I recommend getting there early, I'm talking before the gates open, they check bags and have metal detectors...it all takes times. It gets really congested around the park as game time nears. I enjoy batting practice when they have it and arriving early allows you to walk around the park and soak up the atmosphere.

The new plaza on the west side of the park is nice place to hang after the game if you want to avoid bars.

A fan site that may have some info. https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/ I know the guy that run's it.

Last edited by RTK; 06-17-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

StubHub, Blue Line, Addison St. bus, Murphy's Bar (Waveland and Sheffield) , sit in bleachers , more Murphy's , Addison St. bus, Blue Line.

Last edited by BengoughingForAwhile; 06-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengoughingForAwhile View Post
StubHub, Blue Line, Addison St. bus, Murphy's , Bleachers , Murphy's , Addison St. bus, Blue Line.
I live in the far north burbs and bought tics during the presale, SO; Pre-Sale
leave really early-Car, (park secret area for free),walk, Al's Beef, Bleachers, quiet neighborhood bar away from the park, (maybe eat somewhere within walking distance),Car

Note; had I not bought tickets during the presale, I'd be buying on StubHub

Last edited by RTK; 06-17-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Ben

My wife and I had a great time at the game yesterday. Thanks for all of your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk