NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Default WSSCA card show in Seattle (Shoreline) WA this weekend

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held Saturday November 3rd and Sunday November 4th.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday. This is our 6th annual Winter Show.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Matt Sears, Rob Adesso and I will have a table of pre-war as well. Hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Barry

Its been on my calendar for months. I wouldn't miss it!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Drats

The winter show is always tougher for me to break away to attend...
Same thing this year

I really wanted to see the gang, buy some cards and generally immerse myself in the hobby for a day...no can do.

Okay, June '13 is the next big show I presume, so count me in for that one (maybe)

For those of you "on the fence", its a great little show...plenty of vintage Topps era, enough pre-WW1 for us old guys, some newer stuff, lots of memorabilia and publications and some of the best guys I know in the hobby.

Just go!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Will be making the road trip up on Sunday from Portland with Joe S.
JimB
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM

I'll be there Saturday for the cards, and to see old friends and new (like Andrew). I'm sorry to miss Brian but we will get it together sooner or later.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Default Wssca show

I'll be there. digging around in the closet and bringing out more Zeenuts; other PCL cards including some Seattle Popcorns and lots more. Also dug out some great early non-sport cards. Some of these I have had stashed away for 30 years. Not sure yet WHAT is in this batch. Plus we will have our normal hodge podge of pennants and other funky stuff. see you there! Keith and Liz
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Max Weder

I'll be heading down for Saturday morning
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Robert A

Now that I know Jim is coming I'm bringing the good stuff.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Joel

I look forward to seeing you all there! I hope to get to know some of you as I become more serious with my collecting.

Best,
Joel
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballart View Post
I'll be heading down for Saturday morning
Sorry I have to miss this, especially given that I could finally meet Max. "Hello" to everyone I met last year and won't get to see this time around.

(posted from sunny Colorado )
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Robert A

Scott,

Sorry you're not making it this time around. We'll see you next June.

Rob
Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Max Weder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Sorry I have to miss this, especially given that I could finally meet Max. "Hello" to everyone I met last year and won't get to see this time around.

(posted from sunny Colorado )
Scott

It's 2:15 minutes from downtown Seattle to downtown Vancouver (if you only speed a little bit and time the borders so there's no wait, or have a Nexus card).

If not before, come up next summer for a Class A baseball game. It's a real treat http://www.canadiansbaseball.com
Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Mikeknapp

Any report on how the show went? I could not make it which was probably a good thing considering my impulsive spending lately.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM

Default WSSCA Show

It was another great show. always a pleasure to visit with everyone, including our neighbors from Oregon and Canada (eh!). Nice seeing you all and good talking to you. I always garner a wealth of knowledge from talking to everyone - even though I thought I knew it all. I guess old dogs can still learn a thing or two!
another great gathering on Saturday night.
and thanks again to Mark for straightening out the closet!
as a dealer the sales were great, I will let the collectors tell you how the buying went. Thanks to all, and looking forward to our next gathering.

Last edited by keithlyt; 11-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Max Weder

Was there Saturday morning. Pick out the net54ers

Last edited by baseballart; 11-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Mikeknapp

How many net54 members attended? I have considered joining the WSSCA to attend the monthly (?) meetings. It would be nice to meet other local like minded collectors. I grow tired of my wife's eye roll and the half hearted smiles of my disinterested children who only see dollar signs when looking at my collection. Are any of you members of theWSSCA if so what has your experience been?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Barry

Hey Mike,

I am a fellow net54 member from Washington State, in Snohomish County. I always try to make it to the WSSCA shows and always seem to come home with something for my collection. I have tried to make it to the monthly WSSCA meetings, but the planets have not aligned, and have not been able to attend many. I hope to find time to attend more frequently, as it is a great group of people.

I look forward to crossing paths in the future.

Barry
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
mike kilo

are there any members (be it WSSCA or Net54) on my side of the state?

Spokane, WA.
--mike.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM

I was there on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. Great show. I picked up these from a couple of board member who were set up.
JimB

Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Mark Macrae

Default Another great show

Great seeing the familiar faces and a few new faces as well.... Some nice cards changed hands.... I avoided getting bit by the legendary 5 pound rat going through Keith's closet (I think it was Little Johnnie's rat !!) and unearthed some neat Seattle Popcorns, a cool Seattle NWL RPPC, and some other goodies... Boy Jim, Those Obaks are beauties. Thanks to all the folks who showed up. Looking forward to the next one
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Bill Cohon

I went on Sunday, and it was great. Being a member of both SABR and WSSCA, meant I had a busy weekend (SABR meeting Saturday). Thanks to Andrew, Matt, Robert, and Mark, I, too, found ten 1911 Obaks! To all who had a hand in putting it on, many thanks. I'm looking forward to June.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Thanks to everyone who set up and attended the show. Great talking to friends old and new.

I have been a member/going to WSSCA meetings for about 6 years. Not many members from eastern WA that I am aware of, but we do have a good time at meetings. WSSCA members collect cards/memorabilia of all sorts, from baseball/football/basketball to hydros/hockey. Show and tell also can produce some awesome eye candy, especially if you collect old Seattle area cards/memorabilia. We meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Razzi's pizza (formerly Romio's), located at 85th & Greenwood in Seattle.

Special thanks to Keith (and Mark ) for digging out extra goodies, especially the 1912 Seattle RPPC.

Can't wait to do it all over again in June!!