NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Dave Becker

Default 1970s Fleer Decals & Baseball Quiz Card Info Wanted

I have a bunch of the the early 70's Fleer Decals and also an assortment of Baseball Quiz cards. I'm trying to match them up.

I have two card types, plain white with no team logos and Yellow background with team logos.

The Fleer Sticker Project blog shows the two types of card inserts, but only mentions that they came as an insert with the cloth patches. I've been unable to verify which cards came with the Decals.

Anybody know which cards came with the decals, and the order of release for the white vs. yellow background cards?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BaseballQuizCards3.JPG (28.7 KB, 358 views)
Old 04-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Al Richter

Default Fleer

I think I have put together every set Fleer issued between 1959 and 1981....and there were many of them. Most were generic team type issues and not player specific. I used this resource in putting the sets together and accumulating the numerous variations. If you take the time you will find them all discussed in here, including those you posted. If I have time later I will post a link from this blog to the Quiz cards you posted. The Blog also discusses what was packaged with what and in what years

http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/

I also know a guy who has opened most of the packs and cataloged what came in each. I will ask him if he can help with your Q

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-23-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Dave Becker

The link you posted is the one that I already looked at. It does discuss the quiz cards but only mentions that they came with patches, and there is no specific mention of any inserts that came with the decals. That is what I really wanted to find out.

Also it says that the white quiz cards "might" have been issued before the yellow ones but does not definitively state that. No packaging is shown for the decals either.

Last edited by OlderTheBetter; 04-23-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:20 PM

Lightbulb 1970 Fleer Decals and 1972 Fleer Baseball Quiz Cards

The all white (no Yellow) Fleer quiz cards were prepared for the early release during Fleer's infamous fight versus Topps for rights to use MLB logos....that was subsequently settled and once Fleer had the go ahead to use Logos of teams the rest of the season the Yellow version (with Logos) was used.

As for the 1970 decals....no patches were issued with them...just the decals...one rectangular and one square decal in each pack. There are those that will argue about both types coming out at the same time...but I have assembled many sets of both and the only wrapper ever seen is the one from 1970....so that's were my "money" goes!!

BJI....Fleer fan for the last 43 years!!
Old 04-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Al Richter

Default Fleer

Barry.....welcome aboard . Thanks for the input. A great seller of Fleer stuff and my go to guy for input on those issues
Old 04-24-2016, 08:01 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

The history of the Fleer sports sets that were essentially designed to circumvent Topps is long and fascinating. There are so many permutations and scarcities, plus the semi-related ancillary issues from Bob Laughlin. They really rival Topps in terms of complexity during the 60's and 70's.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Al Richter

Default Fleer

Agee Dave. I do not think most folks are aware of how many issues Fleer put out in that period. They are not very popular because other than the 63 set, which was a bust when issued, they do not involve current player sets. But they are interesting and some are pretty tough to complete
Old 04-24-2016, 11:06 AM
Dave Becker

Thanks everyone for their input!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Dave Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active since 1973 View Post
The all white (no Yellow) Fleer quiz cards were prepared for the early release during Fleer's infamous fight versus Topps for rights to use MLB logos....that was subsequently settled and once Fleer had the go ahead to use Logos of teams the rest of the season the Yellow version (with Logos) was used.

As for the 1970 decals....no patches were issued with them...just the decals...one rectangular and one square decal in each pack. There are those that will argue about both types coming out at the same time...but I have assembled many sets of both and the only wrapper ever seen is the one from 1970....so that's were my "money" goes!!

The decals that I have include the Texas Rangers. This would put them around 1972 at the earliest. I've seen no evidence so far that they were released as early as 1970. Perhaps they were only issued for one year. They are much less commonly found than the patches.

The patch packs had four patches and four quiz cards per pack. The decals are flimsy and also needed backing. What was the backing inserted with the decals? Quiz card or something else? No one has been able to answer this for me. I've not heard of anyone with an unopened pack or even a wrapper for the decals. Someone out there has to have that.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Al Richter

Default Decals

Are you talking about these ? I think they were issued once in 72 or 73 ( unlike the Cloth Emblems which were issued annually over a 7 year period I think they were just issued once). The wrappers indicate gum but nothing else. I do not have an unopened pack. I am also missing ( I think) one square decal and 3 of the rectangular ones. These are pretty tough

The earlier iron on had an instruction card. It would make sense there was something besides gum in the packs to prevent damage to the decals. Not sure about the quiz cards. I have 28 different yellow quiz cards but only 5 white ones. I think as Barry said, the white ones without logos came out first

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-24-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:09 PM

Default Baseball Quiz cards checklist needed

The Fleer Sticker Project was a good starting point for the Baseball Quiz cards, but no complete checklist was ever compiled there. I helped supply some of the information for that site.

For example, the Fleer Sticker Project shows 3 cards for the Mets, while I have 5 Mets cards (plus one of those earlier larger cards) as follows:

If there is any interest, I can post pictures of all of these that I know of and then everyone else can pitch in and fill in any additional gaps to try to get closer to a complete checklist for these. Or if someone already has a complete pictorial checklist for these, I'd love to see it.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kirk View Post
The Fleer Sticker Project was a good starting point for the Baseball Quiz cards, but no complete checklist was ever compiled there. I helped supply some of the information for that site.

For example, the Fleer Sticker Project shows 3 cards for the Mets, while I have 5 Mets cards (plus one of those earlier larger cards) as follows:

If there is any interest, I can post pictures of all of these that I know of and then everyone else can pitch in and fill in any additional gaps to try to get closer to a complete checklist for these. Or if someone already has a complete pictorial checklist for these, I'd love to see it.
Never knew that blue version existed, I guess I have put it on my wantlist.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Dave Becker

Yes those are the decals I've been referring to. And that's the first wrapper that I've seen for them. Would still like to know fore sure what the backing was for those decals. My hunch tells me that it was also the yellow-background quiz cards.

I do have some of the iron-on cards that were used for backing that issue which you've also shown in the picture.

It does appear that those decals are relatively scarce compared to patches, and I also don't see the iron-ons much either.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited by OlderTheBetter; 04-24-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Dave Becker

ALR-Bishop,

I have some duplicate decals in great condition that I'd be willing to sell/trade. If you're interested send me a PM with the ones you need.

Last edited by OlderTheBetter; 04-25-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Al Richter

Default Save all 19

There are two versions of the baseball fact cards, which I tend to keep separate from the quiz cards. Baseball fact cards with Save All 19 in red are much tougher than the blacks. I have the Mets black but still need the Mets red, but here is an example

Darn you Troy...now I need another Mets Quiz card---the RBI card with a red Mets

Fortunately there was one on ebay :-)

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-25-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:28 PM

Default Fleer Decals and Quiz Cards

In reading through this thread, it looks like I've got some work to do updating The Fleer Sticker Project on the quiz card variations! Thanks to all of you for referring to the site - its good to see comments from a number of you (Barry, Troy, & Dave) who have provided information and scans for various posts over the years.

As for the question regarding the white vs. yellow quiz cards, I don't think we can definitely answer that question until someone finds an unopened pack of Baseball Decals. I have a suspicion that the white quiz cards may have been included with the Decals, based solely on the fact that the decals are much harder to find than the cloth patches from this time, and the white quiz cards are similarly less common than the yellow cards. As has been pointed out, the decals had to come out no earlier than 1972 given the inclusion of the Texas Rangers, which likely would have been around the same time that the 1972 Cloth Patches came out which did include the yellow quiz cards.

With regards to the variations in the 1969-1971 quiz cards with the team logos that Troy mentioned, I think I have tracked down all the variations with different questions. The variations that Troy posted match up with what I have for the Mets.

From what I've been able to determine, there are no variations in the 1969 cards (smaller logo) , but for the 1970 set (larger logo with 2 questions) there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, Twins, Mets, and Braves, and for the 1971 set (larger logo with 3 questions), there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, A's, Mets, and Reds. I will try to post pictures here when I get a chance, and update the blog as well.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the Baseball Decals box (but alas no unopened packs):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baseball Decals Box 1.jpg (83.1 KB, 250 views)
Old 04-27-2016, 07:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great info and welcome aboard. Welcome to BJI too.....took 6 yrs but you finally posted. Hopefully it won't be 6 more before you post again. We need more knowledge on the board. Thanks again to everyone in this thread. It's been very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleerfan View Post
In reading through this thread, it looks like I've got some work to do updating The Fleer Sticker Project on the quiz card variations! Thanks to all of you for referring to the site - its good to see comments from a number of you (Barry, Troy, & Dave) who have provided information and scans for various posts over the years.

As for the question regarding the white vs. yellow quiz cards, I don't think we can definitely answer that question until someone finds an unopened pack of Baseball Decals. I have a suspicion that the white quiz cards may have been included with the Decals, based solely on the fact that the decals are much harder to find than the cloth patches from this time, and the white quiz cards are similarly less common than the yellow cards. As has been pointed out, the decals had to come out no earlier than 1972 given the inclusion of the Texas Rangers, which likely would have been around the same time that the 1972 Cloth Patches came out which did include the yellow quiz cards.

With regards to the variations in the 1969-1971 quiz cards with the team logos that Troy mentioned, I think I have tracked down all the variations with different questions. The variations that Troy posted match up with what I have for the Mets.

From what I've been able to determine, there are no variations in the 1969 cards (smaller logo) , but for the 1970 set (larger logo with 2 questions) there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, Twins, Mets, and Braves, and for the 1971 set (larger logo with 3 questions), there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, A's, Mets, and Reds. I will try to post pictures here when I get a chance, and update the blog as well.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the Baseball Decals box (but alas no unopened packs):
Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
There are two versions of the baseball fact cards, which I tend to keep separate from the quiz cards. Baseball fact cards with Save All 19 in red are much tougher than the blacks. I have the Mets black but still need the Mets red, but here is an example

Darn you Troy...now I need another Mets Quiz card---the RBI card with a red Mets

Fortunately there was one on ebay :-)
Does anyone own or have a scan of a 1967 Fleer Fact Team Card of the Chicago Cubs, the harder to find "Save All 19 Cards" in red? It is the version that has stats from the 1966 season. I have seen other teams from the set, but never a Cubs. The Cubs went 59-103 in 1966, so I always thought that Fleer might have been too embarrassed to put that on a card and omitted them. Unlike another member here, I am not going to offer $20 for a scan, though .

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 10-01-2019 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old 04-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Al Richter

Default Reds

Cliff---I have 10 of the red ones but no Cubs. The Cubies may reverse those win and loss numbers this year....unfortunately for my Cardinals. Maybe Barry or Fleerfan will have one
Old 04-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Dave Becker

I'm not yet finished with my Baseball Quiz card list, but I have 28 different white cards. Al says he has 28 diff yellow cards. Interesting. Will post my list when I get some time tonight.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Dave Becker

Lets talk Fleer Iron-ons.

I found more Fleer Iron-on instruction cards in my archives and
noticed that there are variations.

There's a "Baseball Fact" at the bottom of these cards accompanied
by the year of the event, and I have 11 different ones.

But all you Fleer issue completists probably know what all those existing
cards are, don't you?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active since 1973 View Post

Its great to see BJI on this board, one of the best dealers I've ever dealt with.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleerfan View Post

Its also great to get input from Fleerfan. He has a very well researched blog that helped my collection a ton.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Al Richter

Default Barry and Fleer

Agreed on both
Old 04-28-2016, 05:46 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Hey Jon-welcome!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Dave Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
its also great to get input from fleerfan. He has a very well researched blog that helped my collection a ton.
+1000
Old 04-28-2016, 09:09 AM
Dave Becker

Well I lied. I only have 27 different white background Baseball Quiz cards.

Some have errors and some are just very vaguely worded.

Each has four questions; shown are the first and last question on each card:

1 Who was the famous manager of the Philadelphia Athletics?
1 Who introduced the curve ball?

2 Who was the first first US president to throw out the first ball?
2 when was the frist time both teams in the world series wee from the same city?

3 Who was the second player to be inducted into the hall of fame?
3 What stadium has the deepest center-field in the American league?

4 Who was the second player to be inducted into the hall of fame?
4 Who played in the most World Series?

5 Who was the famous manager of the Giants from 1902 to 1932?
5 Babe Ruth has what two nicknames?

6 Who was the famous manager of the Giants from 1902 to 1932?
6 What was the first professional team?

7 Who makes the oficial baseball for the American League?
7 What position did Lou Gehrig play?

8 Who makes the oficial baseball for the American League?
8 Who are the two Yankees who have their uniform numbers retired?

9 What cities were represented in the first world series?
9 On opening day how many players are allowed on their active list?

10 What cities were represented in the first world series?
10 What is the fewest hits made by both clubs in one game?

11 What player created or equalled the most major league records?
11 When was the first World series?

12 What two national league pitchers share the record fo rmost 20 game winning seasons?
12 What team won the national league pennant in 1967?

13 What two national league pitchers share the record fo rmost 20 game winning seasons?
13 When did the Mets join the national league?

14 What was the first team to win six World Championships?
14 What pitcher pitched the mos consecutive shutout innings?

15 What was the first team to win six World Championships?
15 When was the world series first shown on TV?

16 Whast national league player won batting championships over the longest period of time?
16 When was the first professioal league formed?

17 In what year did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs?
17 When a batted ball drops saely into shallow centerfield, what is it called?

18 In what year did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs?
18 What pitcher holds the best World series record?

19 What american league club has produced more than twice the number of batting champs?
19 What switch hitter hit the most home runs in any one season?
(card incorrectly states 52 by Mantle in '61, IIRC it was 54 by Mick in '61)

20 What american league club has produced more than twice the number of batting champs?
20 What national league team in 1970 was shut out the most times?

21 What american league player had the highest batting average?
21 What national league tplayer hit the most home runs in a double header?

22 What team was nicknamed the Whiz Kids?
22 On opening day how many players is each team allowed on their active list?

23 Who pitched a perfect game but lost?
23 Who introduced the curve ball?

24 Who hit the first world series home run?
24 1969 marked what milestone for major league baseball?
(answer says Major League Baseball and is technically incorrect.
The first "major league" was the National Association formed in 1871.
1969 was the 100th anniversary of professional baseball.)

25 Who hit the first world series home run?
25 Who was called "the Georgia Peach"?

26 In what national league city have the fewest number of night games been played?
26 Who was the first US president to throw out the first ball starting the season?

27 In what national league city have the fewest number of night games been played?
27 What is the most world championships in a row?
Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Al Richter

Default Iron On Instructions

I have 24 different instruction cards....different facts at bottom. Not sure how many are possible. Anyone know ?
Old 04-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Al Richter

Default Iron On Instructions

Mike at Columbia City seems to think there are 24 to a "set". Hope he is right

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Fleer-I...AAAOSwvFZW8axZ

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-28-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Default Fleer Quiz Card Variations

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the Forum. I'm glad to see that the blog has been a helpful resource for other collectors since that is what led me to start the blog many years ago when I was trying to get my hands around all the various Fleer sets and variations within those sets.

As promised, here are the team variations I've found where there were 2 different cards for a team for a particular year. For 1970, there were 2 cards for each division winner from the previous season. In 1971, they have 2 cards for the AL & NL 1970 champs, but have 2 cards for the Mets & A's rather than the other division winners.

In the attached pics, the cards are organized with the 1969 card on the left, the 1970 card in the middle, and the 1971 card on the right. So for example with the Braves, they had 2 variations in the 1970 set, so I've got those 2 cards in the middle column.

If anyone is aware of any other variations, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards Braves Variations.jpg (72.1 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards Orioles Variations.jpg (75.8 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards Reds Variations.jpg (73.0 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards Twins Variations.jpg (71.0 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards Mets Variations.jpg (76.5 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Fleer Quiz Cards A's Variations.jpg (74.3 KB, 223 views)
Old 04-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Dave Becker

Fleerfan has pointed out to me an error in my decription of the Baseball Quiz cards. Although most cards have 4 questions, some have only 3 and some have 5.

In the list that I posted the questions are the first and last on each card and they're correct.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:18 PM

Great stuff from everyone on this thread. Fleerfan, thanks for the excellent work as always in compiling all the variations for the 1969-71 Baseball Quiz cards, now I have a way forward to complete my set.

Here's another white Baseball Quiz card not listed in the list of 27 presented.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Dave Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kirk View Post
Here's another white Baseball Quiz card not listed in the list of 27 presented.

There are 28 yellow cards known and now we know there are 28 white.

That was the only one of the 28 white that I did not have.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTheBetter View Post
Well I lied. I only have 27 different white background Baseball Quiz cards.

Some have errors and some are just very vaguely worded.

Each has four questions; shown are the first and last question on each card:

1 Who was the famous manager of the Philadelphia Athletics?
1 Who introduced the curve ball?

2 Who was the first first US president to throw out the first ball?
2 when was the frist time both teams in the world series wee from the same city?

3 Who was the second player to be inducted into the hall of fame?
3 What stadium has the deepest center-field in the American league?

4 Who was the second player to be inducted into the hall of fame?
4 Who played in the most World Series?

5 Who was the famous manager of the Giants from 1902 to 1932?
5 Babe Ruth has what two nicknames?

6 Who was the famous manager of the Giants from 1902 to 1932?
6 What was the first professional team?

7 Who makes the oficial baseball for the American League?
7 What position did Lou Gehrig play?

8 Who makes the oficial baseball for the American League?
8 Who are the two Yankees who have their uniform numbers retired?

9 What cities were represented in the first world series?
9 On opening day how many players are allowed on their active list?

10 What cities were represented in the first world series?
10 What is the fewest hits made by both clubs in one game?

11 What player created or equalled the most major league records?
11 When was the first World series?

12 What two national league pitchers share the record fo rmost 20 game winning seasons?
12 What team won the national league pennant in 1967?

13 What two national league pitchers share the record fo rmost 20 game winning seasons?
13 When did the Mets join the national league?

14 What was the first team to win six World Championships?
14 What pitcher pitched the mos consecutive shutout innings?

15 What was the first team to win six World Championships?
15 When was the world series first shown on TV?

16 Whast national league player won batting championships over the longest period of time?
16 When was the first professioal league formed?

17 In what year did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs?
17 When a batted ball drops saely into shallow centerfield, what is it called?

18 In what year did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs?
18 What pitcher holds the best World series record?

19 What american league club has produced more than twice the number of batting champs?
19 What switch hitter hit the most home runs in any one season?
(card incorrectly states 52 by Mantle in '61, IIRC it was 54 by Mick in '61)

20 What american league club has produced more than twice the number of batting champs?
20 What national league team in 1970 was shut out the most times?

21 What american league player had the highest batting average?
21 What national league tplayer hit the most home runs in a double header?

22 What team was nicknamed the Whiz Kids?
22 On opening day how many players is each team allowed on their active list?

23 Who pitched a perfect game but lost?
23 Who introduced the curve ball?

24 Who hit the first world series home run?
24 1969 marked what milestone for major league baseball?
(answer says Major League Baseball and is technically incorrect.
The first "major league" was the National Association formed in 1871.
1969 was the 100th anniversary of professional baseball.)

25 Who hit the first world series home run?
25 Who was called "the Georgia Peach"?

26 In what national league city have the fewest number of night games been played?
26 Who was the first US president to throw out the first ball starting the season?

27 In what national league city have the fewest number of night games been played?
27 What is the most world championships in a row?
On your card 26, does the first question actually read "In what national league city"? The yellow version of this card does not include the word city - it just says "In what National League have the fewest number of night games been played". Just curious to see if the white version reads the same.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Al Richter

City is missing on the whites

Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Dave Becker

I hope that the Fleer intern doing the proofreading on these cards moved on to employment better suited to their talent.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM

Default Fleer 1967 Fact Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Cliff---I have 10 of the red ones but no Cubs. The Cubies may reverse those win and loss numbers this year....unfortunately for my Cardinals. Maybe Barry or Fleerfan will have one
I'm afraid I don't have the Cubs. So far I've only been able to track down 5 teams which I've attached. If anyone would mind sharing scans of any other 1967 cards with the W-L record and "Save All 19 Cards" in red, I'd appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1967 Fleer Fact Cards Tall Boys.jpg (81.9 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 1967 Fleer Fact Cards Tall Boys 1.jpg (76.1 KB, 205 views)
Old 05-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Dave Becker

I have more Fleer Decals and Fleer Quiz Cards (both white and yellow) for sale.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

"Collectors were supposedly enjoying the pure hobby of baseball card collecting, but they were also concerned with the monetary value of their collections." House of Cards by John Bloom, 1997.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Al Richter

Default Fleer---save all 19

FleerFan---here are some additional reds

Old 05-29-2016, 11:21 AM

Default Fleer 1967 Fact Cards

Thank you very much for the scans! Interesting to see that Fleer went back to the "Redlegs" logo for the Reds card.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:33 AM
Dave Becker

I have some 1972 Fleer Decals for sale. Will give a discount for transaction on this board due to not having to pay FeeBay's fees.

Decals are great with no creases and perhaps a very minor flaw here or there,
basically Near Mint condition:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ecal&_sacat=0?

"Collectors were supposedly enjoying the pure hobby of baseball card collecting, but they were also concerned with the monetary value of their collections." House of Cards by John Bloom, 1997.

Last edited by OlderTheBetter; 07-18-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Al Richter

Default 1972

Very nice lot Dave. In my experience those are tough. I still need one of
square ones to complete that set. Done with the rectangular ones.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Dave Becker

I know the one that you need too, but I've never seen it. Needs to be put in the White Whale category.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:58 PM

I think those of us that are trying to complete a full set of the decals are all looking for that same square decal - an MLB logo. I've never seen one, and haven't confirmed with anyone else that they have seen one either. Can't imagine why there would be a rectangular decal for the MLB logo without a corresponding square decal, but maybe that is just the way the uncut sheets worked out. Until one is confirmed, I'm considering my set complete.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Dave Becker

Your theory is likely true. Over the years a square MLB logo would have turned up. Although these decals are getting hard to find in decent shape they're still out there. I'll stay on the lookout for that MLB decal.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:06 AM

Default 1972 "Yellow' Official Baseball Quiz Cards

The Fleer Blogpost now lists 31 different yellow versions. There would not be the same number of white versions as there is at least 1 set of questions that has different logos on the bottom. I would assume there is still 1 or 2 more Yellow versions to be found to bring the set to 32 or 33.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Al Richter

I have 32 different yellows. Four of them are very scarce. I have 27 whites and know of at least one I am missing ( I have scan of it)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Al Richter

I now know of 2 more yellows I do not have, so there are at least 34 yellows