NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Daniel E.

Default 1926 Casanova Cigaretten: Boxing Cards Available

Fire Update: I originally thought ALL my boxing card collections and other memorabilia were completely lost (with my computer equipment & library) in a July 8th home fire that started in their same storage room--but they hadn't.

Since then I've been working with a company provided to clear everything out, attic to basement, prior to the entire house being gutted to the beams & studs before they rebuilt it again brand new. Recently, in an area completely opposite of the fire's origin, untouched or damaged in our finished basement, I discovered a bookcase long ago stashed with some of my rarest boxing cards and other more desirable collectible stuff--stored so long ago I forgot they were there.

I and the family have some big expenses to cover out-of-pocket until things get back to normal and we recover our losses through our home insurance policy's settlement, which may not be for more than a year from now (with none of my own major boxing card collections or collectibles lost in the fire's origin room unfortunately having been scheduled within our policy.) So, I'm turning to what I just found among my undamaged cards and collectibles and going to begin letting them go to whomever wants them in order to help hold us over in the meanwhile. I will be posting them here first bit-by-bit open to considering the highest offer; I may also list these on another or other forum sites before deciding--or put them up on ebay in auction with a set starting price near their expected values (due to necessity) if forum offers are too low. However, since I respect the members of this forum most, and this was the first forum I myself ever joined, you all will have first opportunity...

First: These 1926 Casanova boxers in EX+/(NrMt ?-for age) condition:

Large Size: #4- Dempsey (fight pose); #16- Wills (Torso-smiling)
#17- Carpentier (w/ Dempsey); #21- Wills (hitting hvy bag)
#23- Carpentier (side view)

I know the Johnson and other foreign boxers are still down there, too, but I haven't gotten to those "Large" versions yet. I also have the full boxing subset in its smaller card version--which I'll be listing later. Plus, I can confidently predict that you would be hard pressed to find the cards listed above in a better grade or condition then these are; they came from a migrating German couple who ran a prior museum in Germany which specialized in exhibiting vintage German card productions; I acquired the entire Casanova mutil-sports set(s) many years ago from them in both its larger and smaller variations. Some of the other non-boxing cards in those sets were lost in the fire; certain ones were not, but I'm dealing the boxers found untouched and immediately at-hand first. Let me know if anybody is interested.

Tags
1926 casanova, harry wills, jack dempsey