NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM
MCoxon MCoxon is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Posts: 141
Default Some player collecting progress...

Wanted this Clemente for a long time - and highest graded to boot!

Got a few good Maris cards, including (what I think) is a really cool KC Athletics card that I hadn't seen before...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clemente 1972 PSP.jpg (79.2 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg Maris 1958-61 Jay.jpg (74.8 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg Maris 1962 team.jpg (76.1 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg Maris 1962-65 Jay.jpg (66.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg Maris 1967 OP.jpg (78.0 KB, 300 views)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-16-2017, 06:28 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,126
Default

Nice cards guys!

These have been rather difficult cards for me but I took a chance with a new (to me) seller, who's scans were less than great.

For the price that I won them (way cheaper than what they usually go for) I thought I can always return them.

Needles to say, they are not 7's, 8's, 9's or 10's, but are much better than what I was expecting.

Glad to say I can scratch these 3 off my 52 Topps want list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Addis.jpg (77.9 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg Luis Aloma.jpg (76.5 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg Sibby Sisti .jpg (76.9 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-16-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-16-2017, 08:56 PM
savedfrommyspokes savedfrommyspokes is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Nice cards guys!

These have been rather difficult cards for me but I took a chance with a new (to me) seller, who's scans were less than great.

For the price that I won them (way cheaper than what they usually go for) I thought I can always return them.

Needles to say, they are not 7's, 8's, 9's or 10's, but are much better than what I was expecting.

Glad to say I can scratch these 3 off my 52 Topps want list.
Nice centering on your recent pickups Irv....they are sharp looking cards. You have been hard at work this month adding cards to your set....me not so much, just these two (and only because of the 10% back on ebay bucks last week).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52 336.jpg (80.0 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg 52 362.jpg (79.6 KB, 279 views)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-17-2017, 05:06 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Nice centering on your recent pickups Irv....they are sharp looking cards. You have been hard at work this month adding cards to your set....me not so much, just these two (and only because of the 10% back on ebay bucks last week).
Thanks!

Some great P/U's again, SFMS. I have to get on board with that 10% ebay bucks as I never seem to know about it?
I do receive ebay e-mails/notifications, but I never receive notice about it?
Maybe, which was once the way, they are only available to U.S. customers?

I purchased my first high number card the other night. Again, the scans were less than great but the price was so I took a chance. If it looks close to the cards I just posted, I'll be very happy. It was only $65 for a high number card.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 PM
brian1961 brian1961 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
Wanted this Clemente for a long time - and highest graded to boot!

Got a few good Maris cards, including (what I think) is a really cool KC Athletics card that I hadn't seen before...
MCoxon, I flat-out love your suite of Roger Maris items. The poses are compelling, all with that certain eye appeal that "does it" for those of us that cherish Roger and his memory. Well done, mate!

---Brian Powell
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-17-2017, 05:42 PM
MCoxon MCoxon is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
MCoxon, I flat-out love your suite of Roger Maris items. The poses are compelling, all with that certain eye appeal that "does it" for those of us that cherish Roger and his memory. Well done, mate!

---Brian Powell
thanks so much, Brian - I always love to see so many expressions across his set of cards -- Indians, A's, Yankees, and Cardinals.

That Athletics one just grabbed me as the perfect picture of a young care free kid doing what he loved.

I loved reading Roger's biography, and reading about his time with the Indians and As even before his move to NY. I only have 2 each from his time with the Indians (1957 Sohio and '58 Topps) and A's (1959 Topps and now this Jay Publishing). I think that A's is my favorite across all the cards of his, across all the teams, that I have...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM
brian1961 brian1961 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
thanks so much, Brian - I always love to see so many expressions across his set of cards -- Indians, A's, Yankees, and Cardinals.

That Athletics one just grabbed me as the perfect picture of a young care free kid doing what he loved.

I loved reading Roger's biography, and reading about his time with the Indians and As even before his move to NY. I only have 2 each from his time with the Indians (1957 Sohio and '58 Topps) and A's (1959 Topps and now this Jay Publishing). I think that A's is my favorite across all the cards of his, across all the teams, that I have...
Mike, you're most welcome. Thanks ever so much again for sharing your bounty. I would love to get a 1962 Yanks team issue Rajah as yours.

You bring up an interesting point about Roger with Kansas City. I discussed that very matter in my E-book on a CD, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. Roger did not welcome the news that he was going to New York. He loved it in KC. He and his growing family lived in a suburb there. After he was traded, the family stayed behind at their home. Roger simply clicked in KC, and the fans loved him there, whether he was hot or in a slump. He soon sensed their unconditional loyalty, and tried all the harder to play well for them. The Rajah could just relax and play his game, which was all-out without theatrics.

Well, time to shush. Take care, pal. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-18-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-18-2017, 04:23 PM
judgejules1 judgejules1 is offline
Brian Erickson
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 73
Default

IMG_0149.JPG
__________________
Willie Mays Want List:

1958-1961 JAY PUBLISHING PHOTOS-TYPE 1 WILLIE MAYS PORTRAIT-POSE TO NECK
1962 BAZOOKA WILLIE MAYS HAND CUT
1964 BAZOOKA STAMPS BILL MONBOUQUETTE WILLIE MAYS
1968 AMERICAN OIL WILLIE MAYS LEFT SIDE-$10
1969 GLOBE IMPORTS PLAYING CARDS WILLIE MAYS ACE OF HEARTS-CHECKERBOARD BACK
1969 TOPPS STAMPS PANELS MLB PLAYERS 12 STAMP PANEL (#8)
1971 BAZOOKA NUMBERED WILLIE MAYS HAND CUT
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-18-2017, 08:50 PM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,302
Default

Great pick-ups everyone! Here's a card I saw mentioned in the "rarest post war cards revisited 20 top" thread. It's a 1976 Jerry Jonas Productions Ltd Mel Ott card. Found it on ebay a week ago after reading that thread, sure is oooogly!
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-19-2017, 07:42 AM
RayBShotz RayBShotz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 812
Default

All great additions this month.

My latest:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66TBlefary9.jpg (78.9 KB, 158 views)
__________________
Legacy Board Member Since 2009. Dozens of successful transactions here on Network 54. Buy/Trade with Confidence.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August pickups earlywynnfan Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 52 08-27-2015 12:14 AM
August Pickups parker1b2 Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 91 08-29-2014 11:15 PM
August Pickups Shoebox Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) 2 08-17-2014 08:18 AM
August Pickups Jcfowler6 Football Cards Forum 8 08-10-2012 09:36 AM
August Pickups... thekingofclout Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 33 08-31-2010 08:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


ebay GSB