NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Little League Important Info

hey guys... just a reminder that if you have kids in little league they will need new bats. the bats from last season or previous seaons are no longer legal.

the new bats will say USA on them.

bb.jpg

if u walk into a sports store and see bats for 90% off its most likely because they cant be used in little league going foward.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 01-12-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Яоь

Crap. Thanks for the heads up!

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Really? My son just about out grew his current bat so maybe it’s a reason to get a new one.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Larry More.y

Many parents from other teams in my kids' league keep telling me that they feel the league will make an exception for them and will let their kid use their bat from last year(as it is a newer bat)......the league will let any player use any bat, but using anything but an approved bat will probably stop when their kid reaches base and is called out for using improper equipment. The AD for our league is buying several new bats for each team as some parents are outraged that they have to go buy a new bat this season. My two boys both have been working on breaking in their new 2018 bats and both (with different brands) seem to be hitting the ball more solid/farther with their "new" bats than just two months ago when the fall season ended. This rule change with bats now allows our players in our league to use the 2 5/8 bats, but still not the 2 3/4.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Little league wont, (shouldnt) let players use old bats. Reason behing the switch was Safety. So that woukd be a big leagle issue if a kid gets hurt off a hit from an illeagal bat.

Fyi - though u may already know- only composit bats need to be broken in, the aluminum are "hot out of the box" meaning ready to play. No breaking in nessassary.

Id recommend the demarini voodo bat. There are 2 types. The 1 piece which i prefer or the 2 piece.

1 piece will have more power and the 2 piece will be more foregiving on a kids hands on those foul tips etc.

Got my son the 1 piece, and its great. No game action yet as the season starts in april but he goes to a hitting coach every week. The bat is excelent.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Br3tt K0llin

I’m convinced these bat rules started for safety reasons but have evolved into a racket between the leagues and bat companies. I’ve pretty much quit softball due to back issues but it was getting pretty stupid with new bat rules every couple of years.

Unfortunately my son is just now hitting the age where these bat rules affect us so I’ll be dealing with this BS for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Little league wont, (shouldnt) let players use old bats. Reason behing the switch was Safety. So that woukd be a big leagle issue if a kid gets hurt off a hit from an illeagal bat.

Fyi - though u may already know- only composit bats need to be broken in, the aluminum are "hot out of the box" meaning ready to play. No breaking in nessassary.

"Breaking it in" was more a figure of speech, getting used to their new bats would have been a better description. Our LL has two separate leagues for our age group...the competitive (Dixie) will obviously require the players to use the new bats, however, in the "recreation/non-competitive" league they will still be able to use any bat smaller than 2 5/8.

What is interesting is the reason for this update in bat standards, safety. Maybe I am missing the point, but while using their old bats and new bats during their same BP round, the balls hit with the new bats are definitely coming off the bat with greater velocity. Obviously, you would not expect this from a bat that is engineered to hit as though it is a wood bat.

While this did not pertain to my kids, the bat makers came out with a new requirements for bats in 2011 also. IMO, it seems that these multiple bat makers are pushing these "safer" bats every few years to stimulate sales.

From justbats.com:

What are the key takeaways regarding these new youth baseball bat rules?
In order to maintain the integrity of youth baseball, the USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth bats while allowing younger players to use light-weight bats that could not be achieved with wood bats.
AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie, Little League, and PONY will all be affected by the USABat rule change, but USSSA will not. Currently, USSSA Baseball will allow the use of a bat that carries the new USABat stamp (as long as barrel diameter, drop weight, material specifications, etc. match the specific division's requirements).
AAU will vote on whether or not to adopt the USABat Standard in the Fall.
USABat will not have a drop weight limit.
USA Baseball will allow the use of 2 5/8" big barrel bats for all age levels.

What will the USABat Standard change and why?

Similar to the NCAA and NFHS BBCOR Standard that was implemented in 2011, the new USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth baseball bats. Or, as USA Baseball's Executive Director / CEO Paul Seiler stated, help "take another step forward in making our game more uniform at the youth level and ensuring the long-term integrity of the game."

Like the NCAA bat performance tests, the USABat Standard is based on the coefficient of restitution from a bat-ball impact. But in order to address the varying levels of play between youth and high school / collegiate players, the USABat test will use different test balls and test speeds to scale the results.

The BBCOR regulation limits bats to a maximum value of .50 in the NFHS / NCAA test. Currently, the maximum value that these new youth bats will be allowed to acheive, or how that value would exactly compare to the trampoline effect achievable with a BBCOR / current youth baseball bat / wood bat, is not known.

But, unlike the -3 length-to-weight ratio restriction that is required for BBCOR bats, USABat will not have a drop weight limit. Instead of requiring the use of wood bats, which are often found with a -8 length-to-weight ratio at the lightest, younger players will still be able to use bats made from light-weight, highly engineered materials.

With the creation of the new standard, players within the affected organizations will also now be allowed to use bats with either a 2 1/4 inch or 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, as long as they carry the new USABat stamp.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
"Breaking it in" was more a figure of speech, getting used to their new bats would have been a better description. Our LL has two separate leagues for our age group...the competitive (Dixie) will obviously require the players to use the new bats, however, in the "recreation/non-competitive" league they will still be able to use any bat smaller than 2 5/8.

What is interesting is the reason for this update in bat standards, safety. Maybe I am missing the point, but while using their old bats and new bats during their same BP round, the balls hit with the new bats are definitely coming off the bat with greater velocity. Obviously, you would not expect this from a bat that is engineered to hit as though it is a wood bat.

While this did not pertain to my kids, the bat makers came out with a new requirements for bats in 2011 also. IMO, it seems that these multiple bat makers are pushing these "safer" bats every few years to stimulate sales.

From justbats.com:

What are the key takeaways regarding these new youth baseball bat rules?
In order to maintain the integrity of youth baseball, the USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth bats while allowing younger players to use light-weight bats that could not be achieved with wood bats.
AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie, Little League, and PONY will all be affected by the USABat rule change, but USSSA will not. Currently, USSSA Baseball will allow the use of a bat that carries the new USABat stamp (as long as barrel diameter, drop weight, material specifications, etc. match the specific division's requirements).
AAU will vote on whether or not to adopt the USABat Standard in the Fall.
USABat will not have a drop weight limit.
USA Baseball will allow the use of 2 5/8" big barrel bats for all age levels.

What will the USABat Standard change and why?

Similar to the NCAA and NFHS BBCOR Standard that was implemented in 2011, the new USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth baseball bats. Or, as USA Baseball's Executive Director / CEO Paul Seiler stated, help "take another step forward in making our game more uniform at the youth level and ensuring the long-term integrity of the game."

Like the NCAA bat performance tests, the USABat Standard is based on the coefficient of restitution from a bat-ball impact. But in order to address the varying levels of play between youth and high school / collegiate players, the USABat test will use different test balls and test speeds to scale the results.

The BBCOR regulation limits bats to a maximum value of .50 in the NFHS / NCAA test. Currently, the maximum value that these new youth bats will be allowed to acheive, or how that value would exactly compare to the trampoline effect achievable with a BBCOR / current youth baseball bat / wood bat, is not known.

But, unlike the -3 length-to-weight ratio restriction that is required for BBCOR bats, USABat will not have a drop weight limit. Instead of requiring the use of wood bats, which are often found with a -8 length-to-weight ratio at the lightest, younger players will still be able to use bats made from light-weight, highly engineered materials.

With the creation of the new standard, players within the affected organizations will also now be allowed to use bats with either a 2 1/4 inch or 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, as long as they carry the new USABat stamp.
yea from everything i have seen its about safety, i have heard that some bats are pretty bad, (but havent witnessed this in person) with much less power and sound like your hitting a ball with a tin can. I can tell you that the bat i got my son is very good and the ball comes off it well. So im not sure how different this bat is from last years, lol

Old 02-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

just got this email from our little league president, hope this helps:

Starting January 1, 2018 Little League National implimented a New Bat Standard. As a Chartered LL Program we are under strict Mandate to follow this new bat standard rule.

So here it is as best I can describe it. Of course you can go to this link I am providing for more detailed info, buy I wanted to sum up for you

https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-rules/

All Bats for Little League for ages 4 thru 14 and playing in Squirts,T-Ball, Coach Pitch(Sandlot or Rookies) or any Player pitch divisions(AA, AAA, Majors, Juniors), MUST use bats that have the USA BASEBALL Logo.

These USA Baseball Bats, can come in 2 variations...Small barrel (2 1/4") or for the most part, Big Barrel (2 5/8").

In respect to all of the bats for the levels noted, there is no weight drop mandate..If the bat is stamped USA BASEBALL it is Legal. Does not have to conform to a Minus 3, Minus 5, Minus 9, etc....

In respect to Wood Bats...Provided they are a single ONE Piece Wood Bat, they are Legal and Do Not have to have the USA Baseball Logo.

Buyer beware with online companies or even sporting good stores who sometimes have a rep who does not know all the rules. Absent the USE BASEBALL Logo, the Bat CANNOT be used in Little League Baseball for Intramural or Travel.

The one Exception to this rule, is the LL aged 14 thru 16 who play in the Seniors Division, they have to use a BBCOR Bat with a -3 Drop. In Seniors, a Wood Bat can be used and does not have to conform to BBCOR standards

The Best I can do is provide you with what is Legal for Little League...As for some Tournaments, some Leagues, some private schools, I cannot address what all of them allow or don't allow. You need to check with those Leagues, Tournaments or School Coaches in respect to their requirements.

Very Important Note....In Squirts, T-Ball and Sandlot Divisions, the MCLL will be Providing to Each Team Manager, 2 USA BASEBALL approved bats for Team Use....So, if you are not sure what bat to buy or do not want to go to the expense of purchasing a bat, your Team Manager will have 2 Legal team bats for your child to use.

Hope this helps