NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-14-2014, 08:36 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default Left first Negative Feedback in a long time

I had to leave a negative feedback for a seller today for the first time in a long time (don't even remember the last time).

I won a card at the end of January. The card never arrived I looked at ebay and it didn't even show it was shipped. I contacted seller (without opening a case) over the weekend since it had been two weeks. I never heard back. So I opened a case yesterday with a message. Today I got a full refund with no message back. I think it was seller's remorse.

The seller had 1500 feedback with 100% rating. I really didn't think I would run into this problem.

Seller is pictoric
Item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Sove...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 02-14-2014, 08:40 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Negative

Account has a weird history. Until January had not sold anything since July 2012. Sorry this happened.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I am not out any money (and was less than $20 to start with) so in the end it isn't a huge deal. If I would have been given a reason it could have eased it a bit. Even if they said it was shipped by using stamps and they don't have a tracking number and gave me a refund I woudn't be that upset.

Communication goes a long way. I am a very understanding (maybe even naive) person.

Yet to not be given any reason is just annoying.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Buddy Wi11:rich
Banned

Seems very strange he'd risk negative feedback for a $13 card

It's not like he sold a card in the hundreds or thousands and decided last minute he just couldn't part with it. Very odd unless something unfortunate happened to him.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:35 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGuyTy View Post
Seems very strange he'd risk negative feedback for a $13 card

It's not like he sold a card in the hundreds or thousands and decided last minute he just couldn't part with it. Very odd unless something unfortunate happened to him.
Well I was wondering about the "unfortunate" also. That is why I tried communication prior to reporting, then when I reported it I got a refund from the seller (it was not escalated to ebay or paypal giving the refund). So the seller at least has access to the computer, yet never bothered giving an explanation. I guess no explanation is better than a lie.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:45 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Seller has a feedback rating of 83.3%
Old 02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Hope your sweetie got a better Valentine's Day gift than what pictoric got from you
Old 02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

One negative out of 1500 and he drops to 83%.

Ridiculous, and one of many reasons I dont participate with ebay anymore. They have ruined what was once a great site. I shop on Amazon.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Doug Chamberlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Seller has a feedback rating of 83.3%
He was 100% until someone left negative feedback .
One negative outta 6 in the past 12 months = 83.33 %.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM

It's a numbers game. Out of 100 people a handful will be scammers. A few more will be poorly educated or ignorant. Then you are going to have a pretty big chunk of people who are just plain incompetent.

I was furious when some idiot negged me without communicating. There will always be isolated incidents, but at the end of the day buying and/or selling cards through ebay will increase opportunity.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Ma.tt Lan.dry

Always found the Ebay feedback system pretty silly. There is no retailer in the world that could claim 100% positive response on 100 transactions, much less thousands. Sellers bitch and moan about the odd negative but the reality is lots of positive feedback is left on transactions that are neutral at best.

Ebay is this strange world where if you get shipped the wrong item, or it comes really late, or the seller doesn't communicate, that's a positive transaction as long as the seller rights his wrong. As if ordering chicken and getting the fish suddenly becomes a positive experience because the guy allowed you to carry your order back to the kitchen and sent you home hungry at no charge.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Joe Maus

Wow. I almost bid on that card. Glad you got your money back

Joe

1909-11 E264 Colgan’s Chips 15/226

1910-12 P2 Sweat Caporal PSA Pins 140/204
Old 02-15-2014, 07:34 AM
Alex

He didn't get that bad of a price for the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.