NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Daryl

Default Star Wars

Anyone seeing Star Wars tonight? I'm in line for concessions; I'll probably get our popcorn right as the credits roll.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Awesome, ill wait till after the new year, hopefully less crowds. Let us know how it was
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:56 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Am taking a "long lunch" tomorrow, catching a matinee at a small neighborhood theater near my house. As it gets closer, I'm pretty pumped up!!

Here are a few thingos I'm glad I picked up before the total craziness hit (talk about hot market)... as if collecting baseball cards wasn't dorky enough!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Star Wars Han Solo.jpg (72.1 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg Star Wars Luke Skywalker 12 Back A.jpg (73.1 KB, 684 views)
File Type: jpg Star Wars Luke Skywalker 21 back.jpg (74.1 KB, 687 views)
File Type: jpg ESB Boba Fett.jpg (72.3 KB, 686 views)
Old 12-18-2015, 03:56 PM
jt

Default nice star wars figures!

itjclarke, are those graded? Or did you crack em out? Thanks.......jt
Old 12-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Todd Jenkins

Just got done watching it in 3D. WOW!!! I was 15 when the first one came out and I liked the new one more and for me it is tough to beat the first one. Main reason I liked it more is because of the great job Abrams does with the incorporation of the old stories and characters . It brought back a lot of memories of when I was a kid. Great feeling!

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22
Old 12-19-2015, 12:02 AM
I@n Cl@rke

JT- haven't cracked any or gotten any graded, the raw ones came that way... and the Fett came graded. I've picked up a handful in the past 10 years (including these), but most of the ones I still have were picked up at flea markets in the early 90's as a 12-13 year old trying to "reconnect with my youth". I can't believe I was already thinking like that at 12, but I guess it goes hand in hand with my card collecting.

I also really liked the movie. Won't go as far as saying I liked better than Star Wars or Empire, but it was really good. Agree that having the old actors made so much difference, and totally TOTALLY re-connected me to childhood (almost eerily) as I watched.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:13 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Am taking a "long lunch" tomorrow, catching a matinee at a small neighborhood theater near my house. As it gets closer, I'm pretty pumped up!!
I'm surprised you didn't see it at the Metreon. I'm thinking of also taking a long lunch break next week, and taking the BART across the bay to see it there.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:11 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I'm surprised you didn't see it at the Metreon. I'm thinking of also taking a long lunch break next week, and taking the BART across the bay to see it there.
I actually intentionally saw it at the tiny West Portal theater because I figured it would be relatively mellow, and since I had tons of work to get done in the AM, just posted up across the street at Starbucks so I could monitor the lines while working. It did get sorta dicey when work stuff hit the fan exactly when the line started moving, but by then I had a friend there to save the seats, so it worked out.

And the Metreon and other IMAX theaters were sold out all shows.

I'll probably do a repeat viewing next week and see it on 3D IMAX. I feel like I'm 7 all over again.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Daryl

Ben, I strongly recommend the 3D version, if only for one still shot (I won't spoil it by saying what that shot is, but you'll know it when you see it). I've had issues in the past with 3D as well - Avatar and Transformers 4 both gave me huge headaches for example - but I had no issues with Star Wars.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:59 PM
pete ullman

i saw it yesterday morning...in 3d...in reclining lounge chairs...well worth it!!!!

I too really enjoyed it...I'm not a huge SW fan/groupie...but I love the way the latest has the same look and feel as the original...no ridiculous special effects...more about the characters.

I see lots of criticisms of it...I presume from the hard core fans...but I really enjoyed it and would see it again.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Never saw any of these. Just didnt have the feel for that Star Wars/Star Trek stuff.
But i heard on ABC news, that Daniel Craig (007) made a cameo appearance.
Still, i wont be seeing this one either. Not my thing.
And that Hobbit wizard stuff too.....
Now i did like that Transformers movies.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:54 AM
jt

Cool The Empire Strikes Back (original 1980 version)

If you ever see ANY star wars movie, and i have not seen the new one yet; i would say it would be imperative to see TESB at least once! It is without any doubts a movie that stands alone, and above many in the sci-fi genre. It is worth trying to sit through at least once...........sincerely--jt

Last edited by JRO$!(; 12-22-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Jason Albregts

It was very good in 3D. I enjoyed the fact that there was way less computer animation than in 1-3.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRO$!( View Post
If you ever see ANY star wars movie, and i have not seen the new one yet; i would say it would be imperative to see TESB at least once! It is without any doubts a movie that stands alone, and above many in the sci-fi genre. It is worth trying to sit through at least once...........sincerely--jt
ESB is by far my favorite as well... and definitely prefer the originals. ESB didn't get as brutalized in its rerelease, but the whole Greedo shoots first in Star Wars was terrible.

Apparently the originals are becoming impossible to find. I think the last time they were released (on VHS) was in the '90's and apparently Lucas has made efforts to prevent the original's film preservation.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:57 PM

Saw it opening night as well and absolutely loved it. It recaptured the feeling of the originals so darn well. Granted...it did come off like a re-mix of the original but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The foundation they set for the next couple of movies is so strong.

(I have a 77 Topps Darth Vader proudly displayed on my desk at all times, the Force is strong on my desk!)
Old 01-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBBC View Post
... The foundation they set for the next couple of movies is so strong. ...

+1

This movie was intended to set a foundation for the next several upcoming movies. Was it a rehash? Yes. Was it also an apology by proxy from JJ to fans for the special editions and the prequels? Yes.