NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-15-2018, 11:58 AM
Todd Schultz

Default Sköl

Wow, just wow. Vikings get one to go their way. I'm still on this side of the dirt. Just had to post for the sake of memorializing to my yet unborn heirs that I saw that game. Called my daughter to let her know I was all right, and didn't even need a defibrillator.

Probably ranks right behind the 1980 game against Cleveland as the most unlikely victory in Purple history. That Vikings team eked into the playoffs, where it got thumped by Philadelphia. Here's hoping that history does not repeat.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Al Wright

Went to school out in North Dakota back in the days of the Purple People Eaters and Bud Grant's no heaters philosophy. Still have a soft spot for them all these years later back here in NJ. So I'm watching the game and with 14 seconds left I say "this is over, kill the TV." Didn't know about the ending until I read Vintagetoppsguys threat about coaching decisions. Still can't believe it. Part of me believes that if I'd have left the TV on it wouldn't have happened.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:34 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I'm going for Minnesota too. Before the playoffs began, I had Minnesota and Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl with the Vikings winning it all. Well, so much for Pittsburgh, so now I'll go with Jacksonville and Minnesota, Vikings still winning it all.

When the receiver caught the ball, I'm thinking GET OUT OF BOUNDS, but then I saw he had a clear path to the end zone. What an amazing finish.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Jeff

I was in a restaurant in downtown Atlanta when it happened. The way the place erupted you would have thought it was the Falcons. How improbable and refreshing.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 01-17-2018, 10:24 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
Went to school out in North Dakota back in the days of the Purple People Eaters and Bud Grant's no heaters philosophy. Still have a soft spot for them all these years later back here in NJ. So I'm watching the game and with 14 seconds left I say "this is over, kill the TV." Didn't know about the ending until I read Vintagetoppsguys threat about coaching decisions. Still can't believe it. Part of me believes that if I'd have left the TV on it wouldn't have happened.
Where did you go to school in ND?

I was at this game and it was INSANE. People crying .. hugging.. cheering so loud. I still have no voice. I have never seen energy change that quickly. scale of 0-100
it went from -50 to 100 in 10 seconds. I say -50 vs 0 because it was more than just a playoff loss. We thought of the past..we just lost like all the other years.. blew the lead.. mistakes. We should have won that by 10 plus points.
It was unlike any sport even I have ever been to.
It was a lot better than the game I was at in 2015 vs seatle. #uftawalsh

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 01-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:56 PM
pete ullman

I had been listening to the game in the 1st halp...kinda got busy with other things when the Vikings were up 17-0. Fast forward a few hours later...I awake from a nap on the couch only to see the vikes losing with 20 seconds left...I said to myself "here we go again!" Then...THAT happens! We will take the luck!

Def exciting times here in the twin cities!

So I hear if the vikes make it to the super bowl they will be the visiting team? Could their opponent make them use the visitors locker room????
Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Яоь

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I had been listening to the game in the 1st halp...kinda got busy with other things when the Vikings were up 17-0. Fast forward a few hours later...I awake from a nap on the couch only to see the vikes losing with 20 seconds left...I said to myself "here we go again!" Then...THAT happens! We will take the luck!

Def exciting times here in the twin cities!

So I hear if the vikes make it to the super bowl they will be the visiting team? Could their opponent make them use the visitors locker room????
No. Vikings will get to use their own locker room. But whoever dons the visitor jersey gets to call the coin toss.

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 01-17-2018, 04:30 PM
Яоь

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
Same here.

I have a weird feeling Jags will pull an upset.

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 01-18-2018, 06:55 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauce View Post
No. Vikings will get to use their own locker room. But whoever dons the visitor jersey gets to call the coin toss.
Thx...that i knew!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Al Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Where did you go to school in ND?

I was at this game and it was INSANE. People crying .. hugging.. cheering so loud. I still have no voice. I have never seen energy change that quickly. scale of 0-100
it went from -50 to 100 in 10 seconds. I say -50 vs 0 because it was more than just a playoff loss. We thought of the past..we just lost like all the other years.. blew the lead.. mistakes. We should have won that by 10 plus points.
It was unlike any sport even I have ever been to.
It was a lot better than the game I was at in 2015 vs seatle. #uftawalsh
Went to college in Jamestown. Seems like yesterday. Seems like another lifetime. Normally an AFC fan (the Patriots excluded with extreme prejudice), but will be pulling hard for the Vikings. Will fetch the old Carl Eller jersey out of the closet and cheer 'em on. Eagles are a good club though.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:08 AM
M!ke S@il£r

I had to chime in with all the Viking and North Dakota talk. That play goes a long way towards healing the bad memories of the Brett Favre interception in the 2009 NFC Championship game and the Drew Pearson push-off. It is hard not to get my hopes up. I can hardly wait for Sunday.