NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-07-2017, 06:53 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Autographed/Signed Run

Unsure this is the right section, I assume it is, but is there anyone that’s doing an autographed run on a specific player? I collect Brooks Robinson items and some Orioles memorabilia items that I can display, but I’ve started on a little side project where I’m picking up signed cards of Brooks’ from his playing days. I’m sure I have a few stashed somewhere that I’ve picked up over the years, but thought it would be a fun project. Seeing if anyone else has some input/advice on a project like this?

I’m unsure if your familiar with Brooks signing habits, but he pretty much signs anything and everything. The one thing I’m finding though is it is very tough to find one on a decent looking card with a nice autograph. The other thing I guess I should mention is that I’d like to get them in pen. So, it’s likely going to be a bit tougher to complete. My thought is once I’m done with that I go get the sharpie ones. What do you think?!?

Last edited by Mark70Z; 10-07-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Mike Navarro

If I were you, I'd buy the cards I wanted signed and send them to him (11320 John Carroll Rd. Owings Mills, MD 21117) with a donation, instructions on how you want them signed, enclose a specific pen if that is important to you and save all the time that an afternarket chase would take you.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:09 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I'm somewhat casually working on a Willie Stargell signed card run.

More difficult than you would think.

Tom C
Old 10-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Todd Tobias

I've done several signed player runs, though all of ,mine are 1960s football. I agree with Mike in that if Robinson is such a willing signer, then try and tackle them in the way that Mike suggests. That way you are pretty much guaranteed a quality end product. If you pick them up on the fly, then you will ultimately have mixed ink signatures, and have to "settle" on card condition when you finally find a signed example of some of his more difficult issues (1967 Topps).

You can see some of my signed player runs by scrolling down to the bottom of the link below and clicking on the player collections.

http://talesfromtheamericanfootballl...ing-card-sets/
Old 10-07-2017, 09:07 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Signed run

Thanks for your guys input and suggestions/recommendations. Here’s my issue with sending in cards and have Brooks sign and return TTM. Brooks is 80 years old and understandably his signature is not going to be the same as it was back in the day. I’d prefer to have cards signed with his vintage signature. Since he’s the only MLB player that I actively collect I have quite the accumulation of Brooks signed items and more are of the modern variety. I still may do that, send a few in, and see how it turns out. I have the cards already so it won’t hurt to give it a try. Thanks for the address Mike; I’ve never done TTM before.

Tom - would love to see what you have of Stargell; he’s got one of those classic signature styles.

Todd - those are some awesome signed cards!
Old 10-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Mike Navarro

Mark,

If you've never done TTM before, make sure you include a package to ship your cards back to you in, and affix return postage on it. You want to make it as simple on the player signing as possible. I believe he charges $10 per card for TTM.

Good luck and have fun

Mike
Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Curt

I sent out a few earlier this year and one was to Bobby Doerr. He is a signing machine, but at 98, there were certainly more risks with potential damage to the card, poor signature and the unthinkable...he passes away.

I also prefer nicer cards when I do send in my few requests and had previously sent a 41 Play Ball and a 49 Bowman. This last time it was a 51 Topps Blue Back, which adds to the stress of sending it off under these conditions. It came back fast and looked great!

I don't think I will try it, but have a 50 Drake that would look fantastic, but only if signed in one of those metallic (gold, silver) paint pens. I also don't have the card itself, but would love to add a signed 38 Goudey too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Thanks for your guys input and suggestions/recommendations. Here’s my issue with sending in cards and have Brooks sign and return TTM. Brooks is 80 years old and understandably his signature is not going to be the same as it was back in the day. I’d prefer to have cards signed with his vintage signature. Since he’s the only MLB player that I actively collect I have quite the accumulation of Brooks signed items and more are of the modern variety. I still may do that, send a few in, and see how it turns out. I have the cards already so it won’t hurt to give it a try. Thanks for the address Mike; I’ve never done TTM before.

Tom - would love to see what you have of Stargell; he’s got one of those classic signature styles.

Todd - those are some awesome signed cards!
Old 10-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Curt

These old threads kind of suck when all the pictures have been removed, but I discussed Topps runs before and did have a nice start to a Brooks run as well. In fact, over time, I have come close or completed quite a few complete runs of fan favorites. Once I get close, I feel it is almost necessary to complete it for the fun of it.

Sadly, I am missing several key cards to complete some of my more favorite runs. These would mainly be team collections. One I thought I would have done by now is the 78 Topps Dodger cards, but thanks to Ed Goodson's signing habits, that one remains incomplete still.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=232053