NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-30-2018, 05:22 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

I picked up this one awhile back but thought it was worth posting to the thread. In 1948, Satchel Paige was a 42-year old rookie pitcher with the Cleveland Indians and the first black pitcher in the American League. This stub is from Paige's 3rd career start, 5th career win and 2nd consecutive shutout against the White Sox.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...94808200.shtml
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Satchel Paige 1948 ticket stub.jpg (45.2 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg Satchel Paige 1948.jpg (76.5 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg The_Times_Recorder_Sat__Aug_21__1948_.jpg (94.7 KB, 354 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Dewey St. Germaine

This one is for you Red Sox fans out in Net54 land. I just picked up a Dave Roberts MLB debut and first hit ticket for my MLB Asian American player ticket collection.

Roberts is the current manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was a decent outfielder during his time in the majors but is best remembered for one stolen base in the bottom of the 9th in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS:

https://www.mlb.com/news/dave-robert...ion/c-98844328
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roberts MLB debut ticket.jpg (69.6 KB, 313 views)
Old 04-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Nice ticket Dewey, but don't forget us SD Padre fans. Dave had probably his best year for the division winning 2006 Pads, with a .293 avg, 146 hits, 51 walks and 49 sbs. Dude got on base for us and played great D in the outfield. He'll always be great to us (along with the Boston fans)...well, except when he brings those damn Dodgers in to town. LOL
Old 04-10-2018, 03:07 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

It's also Wade Bogg's 3000th hit game!

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 04-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Cool. The eBay listing made no mention of it. I forget that Boggs was even on the Devil Rays so that milestone wasn't even on my radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
It's also Wade Bogg's 3000th hit game!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I collect 3000 hit tickets and I didn't even recognize it. I feel stupid.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:06 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

i always keep an eye out for the date. I want to find a season ticket which is rough. It was also a Jim Thome HR game which I collect.

It is also (I'm fairly sure) an after-the-fact ticket. take a look at the date in the lower left corner. Thats the date it was purchased. It was after the game date. They would often do this with unsold seats to a milestone game.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 04-10-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Good catch on the date in the lower left corner. I totally overlooked that since I didn't realize it was a milestone game too. I will have to keep an eye out for a season ticket or box office printed the actual date of the game to upgrade this one eventually.

Quote:
i always keep an eye out for the date. I want to find a season ticket which is rough. It was also a Jim Thome HR game which I collect.

It is also (I'm fairly sure) an after-the-fact ticket. take a look at the date in the lower left corner. Thats the date it was purchased. It was after the game date. They would often do this with unsold seats to a milestone game.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Good catch on the date in the lower left corner. I totally overlooked that since I didn't realize it was a milestone game too. I will have to keep an eye out for a season ticket or box office printed the actual date of the game to upgrade this one eventually.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2018, 07:50 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Always check that on box office tickets. Season tickets are pre-printed before the season. However in a few cases teams even reprinted season tickets. In 1998 the Cardinals did it for McGwire's 62nd and 70th HRs. Then again in 1999 for his 500th HR. The Mets did it for Santana's no hitter a few years ago.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
Dewey,
The season ticket version of this ticket is a REALLY tough one to find, just as an FYI.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

As a follow up, the print date on the box office tickets is not always on the bottom left. It depends on the team, and I've seen some that are kind of buried within some other numbers. If I remember correctly, the Tony Gwynn 3000 hit ticket had the print date in a series of number on the bottom closer to the middle. Also, there are tickets like the 3000 hit for Ichiro that look to me like the print date is the event code. I'll attach a photo of one, and maybe Scott or someone else can comment on that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ichiro.jpg (71.5 KB, 417 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:28 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Yes, you are correct. It can be in other areas. But for a long time it was usually the lower left. I've seen some reprints, like Roy Halladays Perfect Game that don't show a print date . This particular style was reprinted and no print date added. Some other styles had them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halladayperfectbo.jpg (48.9 KB, 403 views)

Old 04-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Randall, so I'm a little confused on the Halladay ticket. The one you showed doesn't have a printing number, or is the event code the print code? Also, I found another example with some additional numbers under the event code, but can't really figure a date out of it? Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halladay.jpg (18.9 KB, 402 views)
Old 04-11-2018, 07:42 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

all i know is most of that style showed up AFTER the Perfect Game. I think a lot of them were printed and sold by the team to make money. But there is no way to tell they were after the fact. I'm not saying that ALL were after the fact, but a lot were.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:34 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Here's a genuine Season Ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter...

The team-issued reprints have a blank line where "SEASON TICKET" or "PLAN TICKET" appear, and in some cases the club access indicator at the top of the ticket may differ from the original (I've seen one ticket where the original only entitled the holder to Promenade Club access, but the reprint indicated access to Acela, Caesars and Promenade Clubs).

Here's something completely different - a fake ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter. Not a team-issued reprint, but a digital manipulation.

I created this because I thought it would look cool to see Santana's image on a ticket from his no-hitter. In addition to the picture, I've made other changes - some obvious, some subtle - to ensure this can never be passed off as an actual ticket, or a rare variation. This is just for entertainment value, nothing more. The Johan Santana image and graphics shown here were digitally copied from a real 2012 Mets ticket for a game to be played in the season.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:44 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
I've seen some reprints, like Roy Halladays Perfect Game that don't show a print date . This particular style was reprinted and no print date added. Some other styles had them.
I ordered a "souvenir commemorative" Halladay Perfect Game ticket from the Marlins after the fact. What I received was printed on Ticketmaster stock. Note the A10JUN0 date in the lower left corner - this indicates the date the ticket was printed (6/10/10), proving this ticket was printed AFTER the game and thus is a "souvenir commemorative" ticket and not an actual ticket that was used, or could have been used, to attend the game.

(The barcode does appear on the ticket. I removed it from the scan for security purposes.)

They were charging actual ticket prices for the "souvenir" tickets, as if you were buying an actual ticket to attend the game. Good for them because they make money but bad for us because, well, what's the point in paying a premium price for a premium seat to a game that you can't attend? It's not like the location of the seat has any bearing on the value of the ticket, right?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
I ordered a "souvenir commemorative" Halladay Perfect Game ticket from the Marlins after the fact. What I received was printed on Ticketmaster stock. Note the A10JUN0 date in the lower left corner - this indicates the date the ticket was printed (6/10/10), proving this ticket was printed AFTER the game and thus is a "souvenir commemorative" ticket and not an actual ticket that was used, or could have been used, to attend the game.

(The barcode does appear on the ticket. I removed it from the scan for security purposes.)

They were charging actual ticket prices for the "souvenir" tickets, as if you were buying an actual ticket to attend the game. Good for them because they make money but bad for us because, well, what's the point in paying a premium price for a premium seat to a game that you can't attend? It's not like the location of the seat has any bearing on the value of the ticket, right?
This particular game is such an oddity to me. I have only seen one box office ticket stub (on box office stock paper) for sale that actually had a print date prior to the game. All others have either been without a print date, or a Ticketmaster ticket with a post date.
Some teams, like the Twins don't (or didn't) seem to have print dates on any of their tickets. Both Winfield's and Murray's 3000 hit tickets (both playing the twins) do not have print dates on them, however, the twins at least printed on the ticket "authentic unused game ticket" for those printed after the fact.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:37 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

Gary, are you sure that's a real ticket? Where is the bar code? They reprinted the season tickets also. Here's one from Ebay thats real. Has an account number and bar code.

Quote:
Here's a genuine Season Ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter...

The team-issued reprints have a blank line where "SEASON TICKET" or "PLAN TICKET" appear, and in some cases the club access indicator at the top of the ticket may differ from the original (I've seen one ticket where the original only entitled the holder to Promenade Club access, but the reprint indicated access to Acela, Caesars and Promenade Clubs).

Here's something completely different - a fake ticket to Johan Santana's no-hitter. Not a team-issued reprint, but a digital manipulation.

I created this because I thought it would look cool to see Santana's image on a ticket from his no-hitter. In addition to the picture, I've made other changes - some obvious, some subtle - to ensure this can never be passed off as an actual ticket, or a rare variation. This is just for entertainment value, nothing more. The Johan Santana image and graphics shown here were digitally copied from a real 2012 Mets ticket for a game to be played in the season.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mets.jpg (72.2 KB, 354 views)

Old 04-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

I picked up this 1965 Bob Gibson win ticket the other day for my Black Aces ticket collection. This win on the last day of the season earned Gibson his first of five 20-win seasons. I thought his quote about how much this game meant was pretty interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg San_Antonio_Express_Mon__Oct_4__1965_.jpg (79.5 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg St__Louis_Post_Dispatch_Mon__Oct_4__1965_.jpg (111.4 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg Gibson 20th win ticket stub.jpg (49.8 KB, 335 views)
Old 04-16-2018, 06:13 PM

Some great tickets in this thread. Here is my favorite...

Old 04-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Guy Bourque

I'm not really a ticket collector , what I am is a lifelong Montreal Expos fan , Today I was at a show in Montreal when I saw a customer trying to sell this full ticket to a dealer , I patiently waited to see if they would strike a deal , when the customer walked away I approached him and we struck a deal , This is the first major league game played outside the United States , and The Expos 1st Home Opener April 14th 1969

IMG_0772 by Guy Bourque, on Flickr

Last edited by guy3050; 04-23-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:07 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Gary, are you sure that's a real ticket? Where is the bar code? They reprinted the season tickets also. Here's one from Ebay thats real. Has an account number and bar code.
I think you're confusing my two posts. Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been, but in the case of the Santana no-hitters I was talking about the season tickets being reprinted. I specifically said "The team-issued reprints have a blank line where "SEASON TICKET" or "PLAN TICKET" appear," which wouldn't have been the case if I was not talking about season tickets.

When I post scans of my tickets I digitally delete the account number for privacy purposes. I also delete the bar code, as well as the seat number.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

1965 Williamsport Mets ticket book with all 12 tickets
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600_1.jpg (52.0 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (66.3 KB, 399 views)
Old 04-22-2018, 10:27 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

OK, gotcha.

Quote:
I think you're confusing my two posts. Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been, but in the case of the Santana no-hitters I was talking about the season tickets being reprinted. I specifically said "The team-issued reprints have a blank line where "SEASON TICKET" or "PLAN TICKET" appear," which wouldn't have been the case if I was not talking about season tickets.

When I post scans of my tickets I digitally delete the account number for privacy purposes. I also delete the bar code, as well as the seat number.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Paul Herbener

As a Matty fan, I'm really excited to have just picked this up. Three days after Christy Mathewson pitched his last game of the season for the Giants in 1900, his Bucknell football team played Wyoming Seminary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27826007378_d9e74748b6_k.jpg (77.7 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg 27826009178_c5881cb9ce_k.jpg (78.0 KB, 366 views)
Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Andrew

Default Larry Doby 1st Career Home Run

Thought you guys would like to see this. Just got this off of ebay. Wasn't listed very well. It is Larry Doby's first ever HR.
Came also with an amazing scorecard. That has all kinds of notations and pictures.
Feel free to message me if you ever have any Indians rare feats or debuts.
Thanks
Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket.jpg (78.6 KB, 329 views)
Old 05-05-2018, 12:21 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Nice pick up Andrew~!

Old 05-19-2018, 11:46 AM

Not quite the same value as a '47 debut game ticket, but still a cool rookie season example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1947 Stub.jpg (80.4 KB, 259 views)
Old 05-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Picked up this ticket earlier today. On Oct. 2, 1977 the Dodgers and Astros were playing the last game of the regular season. Dusty Baker hit his 30th HR of the season off J.R. Richard making the Dodgers the first team in history to have four players with 30 or more HR's in a season.

Something with more long-term, pop-culture implications also happened during this game. Glenn Burke was credited with creating the high-five celebration during this game when he gave Dusty Baker a high-five after his record breaking HR.

https://thehundreds.com/blogs/conten...ve-glenn-burke

https://aeon.co/videos/the-origins-o...ng-gay-pioneer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dodgers Ticket Oct 2 1977.jpg (81.8 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Dodgers High Five Image 2.jpg (77.0 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg The_Los_Angeles_Times_Mon__Oct_3__1977_.jpg (87.2 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by Dewey2007; 05-20-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 05-19-2018, 03:45 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Nice Dewey. I have that on my want list also. I did hear that story about the "high five" too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
Picked up this ticket earlier today. On Oct. 2, 1977 the Dodgers and Astros were playing the last game of the regular season. Dusty Baker hit his 30th HR of the season off J.R. Richard making the Dodgers the first team in history to have four players with 30 or more HR's in a season.

Something with more long-term, pop-culture implications also happened during this game. Glenn Burke was credited with creating the high-five celebration during this game when he gave Dusty Baker a high-five after his record breaking HR.

https://thehundreds.com/blogs/conten...ve-glenn-burke

https://aeon.co/videos/the-origins-o...ng-gay-pioneer

Old 05-19-2018, 03:59 PM

Sweeeet! *high 5*
Old 05-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Mikeknapp

Default Puljos 3000

I missed the game due to work and was happy to learn that a good friend attended. When I called him about his stubs he indicated that he threw them away. The next day he called and told me that he found them stuffed in his coat pocket. Not the greatest of shape but its nice to have friends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puljos_3000_tickets.jpg (74.2 KB, 324 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:31 PM
Mikeknapp

My Quest to collect all 153 stubs from the Pirates 1971 season is entering the fourth year and has essentially grinded to a halt. This stub I picked today is the first in many months. More importantly it is the first Expos 1971 home ticket I have seen. It seems that home Expos and Padres tickets are quite difficult to find. Has anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination? If so is this scarcity only for 1971?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180520_211944.jpg (39.5 KB, 296 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 05-21-2018, 05:23 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

The 1971 season wasn't very kind to either the Padres (61-100) or the Expos (71-90). I don't think a lot of people saved those stubs...but I'm sure there are a few out there. It's probably going to be a grind, but that will make it even more rewarding.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
My Quest to collect all 153 stubs from the Pirates 1971 season is entering the fourth year and has essentially grinded to a halt. This stub I picked today is the first in many months. More importantly it is the first Expos 1971 home ticket I have seen. It seems that home Expos and Padres tickets are quite difficult to find. Has anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination? If so is this scarcity only for 1971?
Mike, it's not your imagination. Both Expos & Padres vintage tickets are exceedingly scarce. One additional note: The large majority of Expos tickets from this era are generic Ticketmaster variety, making the one that you just found all the more sweet. Congrats on your find!

By the way, I can feel your pain with regards to having a long slog between finds. My friend Tony just found one Nolan Ryan appearance ticket that has been on my want list forever (1979 @ TEX, another very challenging place to find tickets during the 1970's, BTW).

After 46 years of collecting this theme, I only need 48 of Nolan's 807 career regular season pitching appearances. My goal is to find 4-5 new ones every year, but I find that even finding that many is a genuine challenge...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 05-21-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 AM

Nice ones Dewey & Andrew. Congrats on both pickups!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 05-21-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
After 46 years of collecting this theme, I only need 48 of Nolan's 807 career regular season pitching appearances. My goal is to find 4-5 new ones every year, but I find that even finding that many is a genuine challenge...
Scott, just curious, but of those 48 that you need, is there any one particular year that is the most troubling (more tickets needed for that year)? Also, we should either use this thread or start one where people can list the tickets they need. Never hurts to have a few hundred extra pairs of eyes on the look out. LOL
Old 05-21-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Scott, just curious, but of those 48 that you need, is there any one particular year that is the most troubling (more tickets needed for that year)? Also, we should either use this thread or start one where people can list the tickets they need. Never hurts to have a few hundred extra pairs of eyes on the look out. LOL
Hi Mike,
Good question, and for my collection the years aren't really the issue.
FYI, it's more of a challenge based on where the game was played & the number of people that attended the games.

Certain teams, such as ATL, CLE, KC, OAK, SEA, SD, HOU, MN, MONT, ST. L, TOR and TEX have always really provided a huge challenge for me and other collectors.
Some of these teams generally had historically low attendance in general, as well as some of the games being played in inclement weather I suspect are the some of the major factors that create difficulty for the collector. In addition, fans in certain cities are "savers" of tickets and memorabilia, where fans in other cities for whatever reason do not save their ticket stubs as frequently.

Not a bad idea about providing a want list on this thread. I will consider doing that & maybe we should all do the same as a one-off. I have found our collector community on net54 to be exceedingly helpful on networking if they know what you are looking for.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM
R@y H0lmes

I already showed this ticket in the May pickups thread, but seeing how it's probably the best I'll ever stumble into within my collection focus, I'll post it here as well. Lately I've taken to assembling relevant visuals with a memorabilia piece and printing it to stick in a binder so I can put the original away. So here, along with the July 19, 1902 stub is a clipping from the NY World about the game, and two items (not mine) from Roger Bresnahan's scrapbooks. I'm fairly certain the group photo at bottom right was taken at the Polo Grounds on July 18, the day before McGraw, McGinnity, Bresnahan, McGann, and Cronin's first game as Giants. I don't know how McGann managed to get into a new uniform before the others, but there it is. If you look closely at the photos in the newspaper clippings, definitely taken at the PG, you'll see they are wearing the same uniforms as in the group photo.

The lineup on July 19 included McGraw as manager + playing shortstop, McGinnity pitching, Bresnahan catching, and McGann at 1B.

1902_July_19_ticket_etc_sm
Old 07-26-2018, 08:50 PM
Guy Bourque

Default Just back From PSA

After 3 months of waiting here is My Full Ticket to The Expos 1st ever home game ,This will be framed with the 1st Official 1969 Team photo of the Expos.

Will be a nice display piece for this lifelong Expos fan

IMG_0857 by Guy Bourque, on Flickr

IMG_0923 by Guy Bourque, on Flickr
Old 07-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Nice pick-up Guy...and in keeping with the theme - Now batting for Montreal, John BAHHHCAAABELLLLA.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Insane ticket offering in our current auction... but this one is my personal favorite, have always wanted one...

Ruth
Old 07-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Guy Bourque

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Nice pick-up Guy...and in keeping with the theme - Now batting for Montreal, John BAHHHCAAABELLLLA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOSguH7PVNA
Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

1966 Jersey Jets @ Virginia Sailors, 1966 is the year that actor John Amos played for the Jersey Jets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0728180708.jpg (70.3 KB, 319 views)
Old 07-28-2018, 09:02 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
1966 Jersey Jets @ Virginia Sailors, 1966 is the year that actor John Amos played for the Jersey Jets.
I love this ticket. I'm starting to get into Atlantic Coast and Continental Football League memorabilia. I've picked up a couple pennants in the past year but they're hard to find.

Very nice.

Rob
Old 09-23-2018, 06:28 PM

Default Smoky Joe Wood 1-hit shutout ticket from his remarkable 34 win season in 1912

Time to pump some life into this great vintage thread!

I'm very excited to have been able to add this fully dated ticket stub to a Smoky Joe Wood 1-hit shutout against the NY Highlanders in his historic 34 win season in 1912.
Smoky Joe led all of baseball in 1912 with 10 shutouts in addition to the 34 wins. In 1913 he started experiencing arm trouble and was never able to return to form. Amazingly, he reinvented himself as a position player later with the Cleveland Indians and retired with a .283 batting average (.366 in 1920!). Certainly this is a testament to his great athleticism.
Wood got his 16th win in the second game of a doubleheader on June 29, 1912.

It's important to note that 1912 also marked the 1st year of historic Fenway Park.

Early vintage baseball tickets with complete dates were scarce prior to the 1930's and very scarce prior to 1920.
In fact, most were not dated with the exception of the very spendy best seats in the house.

Many thanks to net54's David Shakir for making this ticket available.
I've been looking for years to find a nice ticket to Smoky Joe's 1912 Tour de Force season & now I can check that one off my collecting bucket list.
BTW, the stunning photo of Smoky Joe below I do not own, but I love the image and saved it. I seem to recall that Bob Freeman may have posted this a number of years ago. The photo of Joe and Bill Carrigan with their wives I do own & came directly out of Bill Carrigan's estate. Thanks to net54's Rawn for selling this to me a few years ago. I love this image as well & I believe it originates from the 1916 season.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-24-2018 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:21 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

A couple I recently got framed....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7521.jpg (72.9 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7522.jpg (72.9 KB, 255 views)
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 09-23-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Way to go Scott! Your amazing collection keeps on getting better.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 PM

Those look GREAT James. Did you frame them yourself?