NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Chris Stufflestreet

Default Announcement and a Question

Hey, fellow hobbyists...

I have finally given in to myself and have resumed writing about the hobby. Some of you may have subscribed to my old newsletter back when I used to write one...I've decided to begin a blog about vintage sports cards. Here's the URL for that:

http://thevintagesportscards.blogspot.com/

I've already put four posts on the blog, and should have 3-4 posts every week. Right now, there's a post about the 1933 Sport Kings set, a picture of my beat-up E92 Bridwell seen in the new Collector magazine, and a couple of other things. Unlike my old newsletter, this time around I'll discuss cards from other sports and for the sake of defining "vintage" I'll likely stick to stuff that also appears on my website (currently, 1800s-1961). I also have 57 issues of that old newsletter to help me get some ideas for stuff to add for a while.

Check it out, and make sure you let me know how I'm doing. And if you have a topic I should write about, let me know.

Now...the question.

On my site, I've been building a page I call "The Hobby Bookshelf." It features links to as many hobby-related books as I could find on Amazon (one of my sponsors). I know there are a few hobby writers on this site; if I've missed something, please let me know. If you have a book that is available through Amazon...by all means, let me know so I can get it added.

Here's the link to that page:

http://www.obaks.com/vintagebaseballcards/books.html

(Note: a redesign is in the works)

While it may look like I'm trying to get some sales through this post, that isn't the intention (although a few won't hurt either), what I'm trying to do is build a great place for hobbyists to go when they want to pick up some reading material.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Rich Klein

Default What about the music part of the blog?

I liked that part.

And Chris; if you are ever in the DFW area; stop by and I'll show you my hobby card lilbrary so you can add many old and new books to your blog

Rich
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Chris Stufflestreet

Rich,

I'm still doing my music blog as well as this one...if that's what you're asking. A new entry drops into that one tonight at 8:30 Eastern time.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Clayton

Awesome!!You are a great writer Chris,and I really enjoyed reading your blog just now.A person can really learn a lot from your research and writings,and I liked the fact that you were willing to help a person who came to you with questions-kudos to you for that!!!I look forward to reading more from you.

Sincerely,Clayton
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Chris Stufflestreet

Thanks for that, Clayton. I've already set up future posts, so the blog will have 3-4 posts a week for the next few weeks. The Q&A feature was a regular part of my old newsletter and will show up on the blog as well.

Keep checking it out, and I'll keep putting in more of the stuff you've seen so far.